“Great cocktail evening”
Review of Drago Centro

Drago Centro
Reserve with OpenTable
Drago Centro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 10,404 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bet. 5 & 6 street
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to Drago Centro on a weekend and it was full (a bartender said they are even more busy during weekdays). Interior design is very chic, a glass wine cellar comes as a centerpiece, charming fireplace on patio. Cocktail menu was very creative, they tasted delicious and were nicely presented too. A bite menu that is available all night long had a nice variety, very affordable prices and portions came in good sizes too. A wine list is huge, so oenophiles will appreciate that. Generally, there was nothing that we wouldn't like at this place - it's modern, chic and creative.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Drago Centro is an Italian restaurant in downtown Los Angeles. The newly remodeled space is lovely, especially on a warm summer evening in Los Angeles. There is a covered patio that provides the feeling of al fresco dining. However, the food was a major disappointment and not inexpensive. Four of us ordered two salads and two pastas to share and an entree each. The serving sizes on all dishes were probably big enough really for two but that didn't really matter as we are not big eaters, and prefer to sample a range of offerings. The special of the evening was a mushroom tagliarini topped with truffles. It was excellent. The salads were unremarkable and not memorable. All went disappointingly downhill from there. I had the lamb which was not cooked to perfection and was tough such that I didn't even finish what I thought was a meager portion when first served.
My dining companion had salmon which he declared adequate, another had the seafood stew, the fourth had the branzino, all adequate. The desserts were a major disappointment and need retooling. The stale cookies were wafer thin, w/ a schmear of hazelnut/nutella would not pass for communion wafers and the bombolini lived up to the prefix, "bombs". As I did not see an alternative dessert, I did not send the choice back. The brackish coffee served belonged in a truck stop, not a fine dining establishment.
The service was attentive, yet felt somewhat rushed. At one point, I was simultaneously served and "unserved" from left and right and thought to throw my hands up in surrender. Though I would return for the tagliarini, I'm afraid the other dishes are not enough to tempt me.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Service was excellent. We had a booth facing the courtyard and even though the restaurant was crowded it wasn't noisy. Our waiter had some great recommendations. He loved everything but the way he talked about it showed he really did! Some great seasonal specials which is what my friends told me is standard. I would definitely go back.

Thank Hunter.oz@comca... H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had high expectations of this restaurant and was sorely disappointed. The food was less than stellar and overly salted. Not a patch on nearby, similarly priced, Cafe Pinot.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I like lunch better than dinner at Drago Centro. The wonderful high-ceilinged and glass walled space comes alive during the day when one can also sit on the patio. The decor is both elegant and welcoming, with a glass-enclosed wine cellar in the middle of the restaurant. The food is always well-prepared and the service attentive but not 'hovering.' I've not had a meal that was not well done; the weakest area perhaps is the desserts, and even then they are tasty, specially the orange and pistachio filled cannolis. The fish and the pastas are specially well done, with the branzino, the tagliolini neri, and the orecchiette standouts. One of the best italian restaurants in the city.