“Terrible Service, Disappointing”
Review of Toscanova

Toscanova
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscanova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #666 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Century City
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Recently went to dinner at Toscanova in Century City -- I've been there at least five other times with mixed experiences. I mainly went back because of the gnocchi which is really quite good. But, I have now taken it off my list of restaurants to visit. The service was terrible. We were ignored for the most part. Had to ask for water, ask for everything. It was annoying given that this restaurant is not at all inexpensive. The pasta dishes are at least $18 and up -- when you add a salad or appetizer and a glass of wine - it becomes pretty pricey. I expect more for this. The last straw was when I went into the bathroom which had clearly not been attended to in a long time. There was no toilet paper in one stall and the other was overflowing with trash all over the floor and on the "extra restaurant chairs" that were in the handicap stall.

My kids and I agreed -- this restaurant is "off the list" --

3  Thank Joan K

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The best part of this place is the outstanding service. We had a group of 5 to start, then added 1 more person, then 4 more people, and they were very helpful with our literally expanding table. Spinach Ravoli = yum yum. The staff was always there to make it a wonderful experience and they know their wine very well.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

When I am in the Century City Mall, I almost always go to GulfStream, fantastic restaurant.
Across the way from it and from Rock Sugar is Toscanova. I had never tried it but we went in and sat inside. The decor and ambiance was quite nice. The restaurant seemed very clean.
We had a delightful waitress named Carla from Rome, she was quite fun.
The salads were very good and very big. We then ordered a pasta with truffles and a Risotto. They too were very good but also large portions. We could have shared but we brought the Risotto home and I am sure will enjoy it soon.
It is a nice place. It has a full bar if you want that and a great menu.
We will definitely be doing back and it may well become one of our go to places!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Returned here from overseas, and not a mistake, as excellent service, ambience and food made our evening very special. Probably the stand out best restaurant in the Westfield mall, and one we will continue to return to on visits to LA.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice restaurant for an italian meal. The service was good even though they were busy with large groups.

The bread they offered was nice. We had calamari for starters which was lovely, the cured beef with endive and parmesan was nice but needed some extra dressing to give it some more flavor.

The dory dish was nice. The spaghetti marinara was a bit of a disappointment as I have eaten better in other restaurants. The seafood was overcooked and the sauce was just not right - I prefer it with a touch of chilli.

The panna cotta with berries was lovely.

Been to Toscanova? Share your experiences!