“Good steaks, not-so-good service.”

Larsen's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Larsen's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,474 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Ventura Blvd. & Woodley
North Hills
“Good steaks, not-so-good service.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A couple of friends and I went to Larsen's in Sherman Oaks, CA earlier this evening. We were seated quickly in a nice booth and a waiter showed up promptly and took our drink orders. We ordered a Single Barrel Jack on the rocks, a Maker’s Mark on the rocks and a Grey Goose Gimlet. Our server delivered our drinks and told us about the specials. We enjoyed our drinks for a while and when he returned we placed our orders. All three of us had salads. My Caesar salad was very good and the other enjoyed theirs also. The server asked if we would like fresh ground pepper and we all said "yes" but he never came back with the pepper. After a long wait, I had to ask one of the bus boys to please bring the pepper. Our server should have offered us bread and butter, which he eventually did. Unfortunately, it was after we finished our salads.

My New York steak was cooked perfectly. It was tender and juicy. The baked potato was huge and the asparagus was also very good. We shared a butter cake, which came with sliced strawberries. The dessert was quite good.

All in all, the food was very good but our server was not. The drinks were way over priced. I don't think we will be returning to Larsen’s any time soon.

• Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California
“WOW!!!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went here on Friday July 27th for my wife birthday and it started off with great service. She ordered a Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini and i had straight Jameson and while waiting they brought us a fresh out of the oven bread which was awesome. We ordered the Chefs cut New York Strip Steak with Peppercorn 20 oz which we split with Jumbo Idaho Potato and Sautéed Portobello Mushrooms and loved every single bite of the whole meal. This place was awesome can't wait to return to try something new. It will leave a small dent on your pocket but you won't mind because everything about it will be great.

• Visited July 2012
Malibu, California
“First Rate”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

First rate Valley steak house. Excellent grilled steaks and chops, with large, well prepared and presented portions. Solid and friendly service. Fine wine list and outstanding stemware to enhance the experience. Very pleasant surprise for a restaurant on the second floor of a strip mall!

• Visited October 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Old Fashioned Los Angeles Steakhouse”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

If you like a steakhouse that is right out of the 50s, then this is your place. Red leather-like booths, darkened dining room, full bar and interesting photos on the wall make this a fun place to have lunch or dinner. Excellent steaks and other cuts of meat. Very affordable compared to other steak houses around L.A. I will definitely go back.

Visited August 2011
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

It was a friend's Birthday and I wanted to take her someplace in the Valley that had some upscale ambiance and great food. She's a bit of a picky eater and so I thought steak would be a sure thing. Larsen's is on the second floor of an upscale mini-mall and I was a bit dubious when I saw the location. There is metered parking on the street and there is also a parking garage next door. Upon entering the restaurant, every preconceived notion melted away. The room was softly lit, dark and romantic. We had an early reservation and I was disappointed that the piano player had not yet arrived. We were seated in a booth...I wish I had asked for a table near the window for the view of the Boulevard. The menus are lighted, which is great for us older patrons. Our waitress was prompt and very charming and from there on, the experience was wonderful. We all had the filet mignon, which was like butter and cooked to perfection, and shared the mac and cheese and a Fleming's salad...this being a part of the Fleming's steakhouse group. All sides are extra but the steak did come with an entire roasted clove of garlic, which was not needed as the Bernaise sauce on our steaks was perfect. The cheese bread is to die for and do not fill up on it because the steaks are huge. After we ordered our take-home containers, they brought my friend a complimentary brownie with ice cream...except the brownie on the bottom was more dark chocolate ganache. The check for the three of us...we had water...was under $200. I would highly recommend Larsen's for a special evening out.

• Visited February 2012