“Beautiful”

Hollywood Bike Tour
Ranked #8 of 576 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Covering more than 4,107 acres of natural terrain, this is the largest municipal park and urban wilderness area in the United States, which offers numerous family attractions and activities.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just loved the park. It's crazy to have such a park in the middle of a crazy city like LA. We were tired when we got there, so we laid under some trees and took a great nap!

There are newer reviews for Griffith Park

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am from LA and I would highly recommend this place, if you are at all into astronomy or enjoy great views of LA and downtown check it out

1  Thank Devin D
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went to the train park and pony rides.... My 3 year old loved it, I mean really, really loved it.

The train ride costs nothing and kids love the experience of going on a minature train which blows foghorns/whistles and all. The seats are a bit tight but the short ride (~10 mins) wont bother you and your kids will beg to do it again.

Once you have been on the train 5 times, your kids will love the pony rides. Also VERY cheap, they have horses for all kids (up to 100 lbs I think). For small or scared kids they have very sloaw ponies and for the more adventurous they have larger ones which go slightly faster. While I don't vouch for them in terms of liability, they strap all the kids in really tight so they don't even have to hold on. My 3 yr old loved bopping up and down for a few minutes while his little colt jumped around the track. If you can stand the poo smell your kids will have a very memorable experience.

For so little money I was really thrilled my wife found this place... my kid has not stopped talking about it.

Also - there is no shopping there - which I found a huge plus!

1  Thank internationalist159
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Picnic spaces, merry go round, golf course, free Shakespeare performances - what more could you want!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

great views of the city.....enjoyed driving past the beautiful hollywood hills home to get there....go early, parking gets tight.

2  Thank Lover4Travel