“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.” 3 of 5 stars

Hollywood Wax Museum
Book In Advance
$26*
and up
Hollywood Wax Museum and Guinness World Records Museum Combo Admission...
Ranked #83 of 498 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 50 years on Hollywood Boulevard, this classic star-studded attraction lets you get into the action with the biggest stars. Get up close and personal with celebrities for fun photos (you choose the poses!) and learn little-known facts about their pets, pet peeves, and accomplishments. See for yourself why so many California vacationers feel this is one of the best things to do in LA. Come play with the stars!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

This was a cool place to see (once) but it wasn't worth the money, I would recommend keeping your money and spending it on a nice place to eat. Could have been kept up better, each character had about an inch of dust on it. Not thrilled.

1 Thank Akirch

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Not so good - Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was very disappointed in this attraction. I guess it comes along with the price we paid. Its a combo ticket for the Wax museum and the Guiness World Records Museum across the street. We didnt enjoy either and feel it was a waste of money. After being so disappointed - we went to Madame Tussands Wax Museum down hollywood blvd near Grauman's Chinese theater. If you want to see a nice Wax museum - GO TO MADAME TUSSANDS!!! So worth the money.

Dont waste your time or money at Hollywood Wax Museum

2 Thank bmxmom38
Las Vegas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrible Waste of Time and Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We bought this as part of the 3 attraction package at Ripley's Believe it or Not.. an $11 upsell. The other attraction was the Guiness Book of Records museum which after the Wax Museum, we didn't even bother. The was figures were just bad. I agreed with the previous reviewer, who said Samuel Jackson was the only good one. Give the money to a homeless person, you will feel better

2 Thank djsinner
vancouver, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wish I would have read the reviews before we went!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I were killing some time while in Hollywood, so we thought we would go check out the wax museum. What a waste of money that was. I didn't think the wax figures looked very good at all. The only one that looked good was Samuel Jackson. Some of the figures look cheap and very old. I wasn't too impressed at all. My husband and I both walked around with a disapointed look on our faces... both hoping it would get better and it really didn't. Don't waste your time on this place.

2 Thank jwg415
Winnipeg, Manitoba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You will be disappointed and feel ripped off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

This place stays in business only by the fact its on Hollywood Blvd at 'Ground Zero' and its patrons don't know any better.

95% of the thirty-odd full-figure displays are old, discolored and falling apart. Someone mentioned they look to have leprocy - I could not have stated it better myself! The next 5% are newer but cheaply done and very fake. Not life-like at all. There was one new figure of Samuel L. Jackson - this one was very realistic, and very well done - the only thing the owners have spent any money on.

The sets and backgrounds are actually very well done, and I was impressed with them. But the wax figures - which you are there to see - are a joke.

Cost of $15.95 per adult for this place is theivery. You will feel cheated out of your money. On the other hand, if you want a good laugh and won't miss the money, by all means check it out.

2 Thank live2hike