“Yummy Food. Huge Menu.”

Aroma Bakery Cafe
Ranked #695 of 9,895 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy Food. Huge Menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'm surprised this place has received so many fair reviews. I think the food is excellent and there are a wealth of choices on the menu. I've eaten here many times. You need 45 minutes just to read the menu from cover to cover. Some things I suggest: Greek Plate, Mint infused lemonade, Boulevard Salad, Avocado Egg Rolls. Unlike many restaurants, they do not rush you to turn tables. You can sit as long as you like - & YOU have to ask for the bill. There is outdoor seating which is right on Sunset Boulevard - so it isn't particularly quiet or picturesque. They break out the smoking and non-smoking areas. Unfortunately the smoking area is much larger than the non-smoking area. Be careful when you receive your bill. They include gratuity on all tabs at 15%. Make sure you don't double down on your tip. I think this is a terrific place to grab a casual bite to eat.

• Visited November 2012

Carmel, Indiana
“Huge Portions of Bad Food and Expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is absolute garbage. I had a cheeseburger and my wife had a chicken sandwich. Both were not good. I would rate Aroma's food below McDonald's.

Their service was also painstakingly slow.

I can't see this place staying in business much longer.

• Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Not affiliated with Aroma on Tujunga”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went here thinking it was like the Aroma in the valley on Tujunga. I was so wrong!! This place is terrible! You can see from my other reviews, I have never given a restaurant a terrible review. I love food and I am not picky. I can usually find something I will enjoy. The food here is awful. I tried this place twice and hated it both times. The meat wasn't cooked well and was not flavorful. I didn't even like my salad. Salad is usually hard to screw up but it was awful here. Service was slow and not attentive. It's been a while since I've been there, so maybe they have improved their menu and service, but I still find myself driving down Sunset and wondering how they are still in business. I hope they improve. It's a great location and nice outdoor seating.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank L2Connelly
Wyoming, Rhode Island
“Great food, but...........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Aroma Bakery Cafe is a cool restaurant/bakery on Sunset blvd. The menu is 32 pages long!!! There are so many items to choose from, it;s amazing. We went there for a dinner party and everyone ordered from a variety of food. From Chicken to fish to pasta, everything was delicious. The bakery menu is amazing with a huge variety of desserts to choose from. From Baklavas to cakes, the assortment is out of this world. Now for the buts..... The prices are a little high for many of the items. An Ahi sandwich is $20.00 a little pricey. Delicious but pricey. The seating is very nice with outdoor seating, but smoking is ALLOWED. It's disgusting to smell cigarette smoke while your eating a delicious meal. Even though the smoking section is separate, you can still smell it, very strong! Parking is valet only unless you can find a spot on the street, if you do, bring plenty of change for the meter. Service is fast, efficient and friendly! Had a great time with family and friends but hated the smoking!

• Visited August 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Awful service..good food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a late breakfast and were seated right away. Do not get Miriam as your waitress! She forgot us, didn't bring what we requested...had to have another waitress help us. When we asked for the bill she was too busy talking to give it to us. Three other employees, including the manager had to tell her to get the bill for us. Then when the bill came, it already had a 15% gratuity on before the taxes! Service sucked but thank goodness the food was good.