“A bad experience”

Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West
Ranked #182 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tucson
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I travel to downtown LA fairly often and I have stayed at them all: Westin, Doubletree (Kyoto), Checkers, Sheraton, Marriott, etc. At each of them I have paid at least $30 a night for parking (up to $40 a night) plus $10-15 a day for Internet (which since I am barely in my room is only for a couple of hours). Sometimes the rooms and service are good and sometimes they are really less than par. Since I usually get in late and have to get out early I end up feeling raped by the end. There are also so many valets and people helping with bags that you are constantly handing out dollar bills. Also, at most of those the only food option nearby is room service. It's also a hassle getting your car because you have to go down ten flights and wait forever for the valet.

Staying at the Ramada was so easy. There was free parking right next to the lobby where I felt comfortable leaving my car. The building wasn't full of frills but my room was cozy with a refrigerator and microwave, which I have never had in any of my other rooms. Internet was free and worked well for me. There is also a restaurant right on site that had really good food. I felt good about the price paid and my stay here. I will definitely be coming back.

Once you have stayed at all of the hotels you will see what a value this is. If you want to pay $100+ more for a hotel that may or may not have a better room or better service then be my guest!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gabrielle M
ALPINE
Reviewed December 6, 2012

it was a mile walk to Staples Center and the area to walk in wasn't the greatest but I was with my husband so it was okay. The lobby of the hotel was very nice but the room was not. The toliet was running all night and there was mold growing in the calking of the shower/bathtub. It was quite a bit of mold and we choose not to shower because of it. I would not stay here again but I do thiink that if you are on a budget and need a place to crash this is a better alternative to the others motels close by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers also viewed these Los Angeles hotels
Hotel Solaire Los Angeles
#170 of 351 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West

Been to Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West

Property: Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West
Address: 1901 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90006-3703
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Central L.A
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #182 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles