“Authentic Italian food”

Ranked #939 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Description: Established in 1957, Antonio's Pizzeria is one of the oldest restaurants in the San Fernando Valley. If you're tired of expensive restaurants with small portions and longing for mom n' pop, family style Italian cooking, you've found the right restaurant. Our portions actually fill the plate. We've been around for over 50 years, so we've seen our regulars grow from small children to adults with families of their own. our mission is "To provide an authentic Italian experience from excellent traditional food to family-style interactions with our customers. Real, simple, tasty."
Los Angeles, California
“Authentic Italian food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If fresh, tasty, authentic Italian food is what you're looking for, then this is the place. Great staff & service!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank daniel_cole2014
playball_31, Owner at Antonio's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks so much, for reviewing us and coming in to give us a try. We loved having you!! Hope to see you again soon. Ciao Alex

Los Angeles, California
“Not terribly impressed”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is small. The service was Ok. They got my order as well as my friends order wrong (I ordered spaghetti marinara, they made it with meat sauce. He ordered linguini and clams in a red sauce, and they made it with a white sauce). The cheese pizza was good. The food is reasonably priced. To sum, it was only ok.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Isunwin
playball_31, Owner at Antonio's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I remember you well and do appreciate that you may think the service was just ok when both orders came out incorrectly. We were training a server on Saturday, and , although that is no excuse, I would love to invite you to give us another try so you can experience the service everyone raves about. Your opinion is very valuable and so is your patronage. I hope you have a great week!
Ciao Alex
Sherman oaks
“One word AMAZING”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This is the best pizza in all of Los Angeles!! The pasta is also fabulous and the desserts are to die for especially the peach cobbler and cannolis. The service is superb. If your ever in Sherman Oaks this is a must visit!!!!

1 Thank H20gurl
playball_31, Owner at Antonio's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We love you Dana, I always look forward to the next time you visit! ciao Alex
“An Institution!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have been dining at Antonio's Pizzeria since it opened. It looks exactly as it did way back when and the food is just as good. As a matter of fact, a number of family members who have moved out of the area get jealous whenever I mention eating there. Still owned by the original family, they are more than willing to bend over backward to see that their diners are satisfied. I ordered the Spaghetti a La Siciliano and asked if they would add capers to it. Our waiter wasn't sure if they even had capers onsite and said he'd ask. When I received my order, not only did it have capers, but extra! The portion was huge (I got 3 meals out of it!) and the owner came over and wanted to know whether capers should be an addition to this dish. Absolutely! Their salad and house dressing are terrific and combined with their yummy rolls, you have the perfect appetizer. I love their cheese pizza and their marinara sauce is to die for. There are many options for vegetarians and if it's not on the menu, just ask. I'd bet they would do whatever they could to accommodate you.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TheatreCrazyRedhead
playball_31, Owner at Antonio's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your kind words. I really appreciate it when people ask for things they want and we can provide them. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to let you know that my brother and I took the restaurant over in 1988 (I'm the one that came to your table), so we are not the original owner, but I'm flattered that you thought so because that means that our goal to leave everything intact is working. I'll have the capers here for you, see you soon!
Ciao,
Alex
Covington, Kentucky
“Average at best”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Followed the reviews and spent time with friends at Antonio's. I suspect we should have ordered the pizza, but we did not. We ordered linguini with clams, cannelloni and spaghetti and meatballs. The cannelloni was over cooked and swimming in meat sauce. House salad was crispy and good and the house Italian dressing was very nice. So, while the wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere nice, it is just not enough to encourage us to go back for another visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Paula L
playball_31, Owner at Antonio's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi Paula, thanks for taking the time to review. I'm sorry my recommendation wasn't to your liking, in hindsight i should have asked what you were looking for in a cannelloni to see if what we had was what you were looking for. I wish you had mentioned it when i checked on you, i would have loved to compensate you with something more to your liking. I certainly hope you will consider giving us another shot for pizza or any other of our great pasta dishes. have a great day. ciao Alex