“Melting Pot Tours - A Pure Delight!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles Farmers Market Small-Group Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 37 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Melting Pot Food Tours is the original food tour company in southern California. If you are looking for new and different things to do in Los Angeles, a food tasting walking tour is sure to please. Choose from amongst Melting Pot Food Tours' flagship Original Farmers Market Food & History Tour, its highly rated Old Pasadena Food Tasting Tour, or its off-the-beaten-path East LA Latin Flavors Food & Culture Tour Private tours available with advance reservation.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Los Angeles
“Melting Pot Tours - A Pure Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

My sister and I went on the Saturday morning Melting Pot Tour recently. It was my birthday gift to my sister, and she (and I) loved it! Besides eating fabulous food, I learned more about the Farmer's Market and it's history. Then, we proceeded to different restaurants, and each time we stopped - it was a delightful surprise as to what we would sample.

Diane Scalia was enchanting as she relayed stories to us about the origins of the Farmer's Market, and the restaurants we stopped by. She made the tour fun and interesting.

I recommend Melting Pot Tours to everyone who wants to spend a few hours with fun and food!

Starra Andrews
Los Angeles, CA

Wales, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic with lots and lots of food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

We had a brilliant time on this tour. Our host was knowledgable and really passionate about the tour and the market. The amount of food you sample is great (you definitely do not need lunch afterwards!). I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to do something a bit different in L.A. who wants to have a lovely experience.

1 Thank mdavies86
montreal
“An amazing food journey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I went to LA for a week vacation this summer. Since we are big foodies I was researching foodie things to do in LA and this tour came up. It was such a great experience! Our guide, Diane, took us through the farmer's market as though she was introducing us to her friends! She tought us the history of the different stands, we talked to different merchants and most importantly we tasted their products! We also walked down the street to several different restaurants and pastry shops. Our guide was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. We had a wonderful experience on this tour, I would strongly recommend it to anyone!

Silver Spring, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy, easy way to start a day with Melting Pot Tours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

Having visited LA several times, I wanted to explore other parts of LA culture. When I discovered Melting Pot Tours, I signed up immediately. Foodies, such as I, and non-foodies will enjoy an insider's view and tastes of the Farmers Market and the surrounding neighborhood. The pace is relaxing, easy walking, and the hospitality of the vendors and the guide is comfortable. I found MPT to be customer oriented in assisting me from the time of booking the tour to the end of the tour.

This tour introduced us to vendors which I had not visited before and offered us a cross section of samples of market offerings. Food Network fans will recognize some of the vendors. I liked the small group size which allowed us to ask questions and talk with each other.. Diane, the guide, is a native born Angeleno who knows the history.

1 Thank AudreyMD
Ottawa, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice change of pace in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

The reviews of this tour are spot on. This is a leisurely stroll through the Farmers' Market with stops at varied businesses. Our guide, Lisa, was friendly and personable. The amount of food consumed is deceiving as there were always 'leftovers' that needed to be eaten at each stop. We had coffee and doughnuts, cheese/olives/baguette, English toffee, natural peanut butter, Brazilian BBQ (sausage, beef, cheese buns, hot sauce), Chinese chicken salad, meringue cookies, freshly baked cake and noodles/sushi. Everything was delicious. A water bottle, tote bag magnet and bus ride back to the starting point are all included. I will consider taking one of their other tours on my next trip to LA!

3 Thank virgonomic