“Melting Pot Food Tours”

Small-Group Food Walking Tour Through Old Pasadena
Ranked #2 of 40 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Melting Pot Food Tours is the original food tour company in southern California. If you are looking for new and different things to do in Los Angeles, a food tasting walking tour is sure to please. Choose from amongst Melting Pot Food Tours' flagship Original Farmers Market Food & History Tour, its highly rated Old Pasadena Food Tasting Tour, or its off-the-beaten-path East LA Latin Flavors Food & Culture Tour Private tours available with advance reservation.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Charleston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Melting Pot Food Tours”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was such fun and so well orchestrated! I was trying to think of something different for my husband's birthday with some friends and since I had 10 people they made the tour just for us. It was just great! Everyone was very impressed with the delicious and plentiful food samples we got and all the historical information our guide gave us about the area.

Visited September 2012

Altadena
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A little pricey, but the whole dining experience is really different and the food is delicious! Dipping meat in hot oil and the dipping sauces - delicious. Dipping into chocolate for desert is my favorite.

Warburton, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great taste of the LA flavours.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We have been on several food tours in our trp across the US? We have found it a great way to get our bearings and the background to the local area.
We went on the today's Farmers Market tour with Kendal in a group of six.
Had tastings from 11 places spread across 3 hours. Seems like a lot but the walking in between helped.
Kendal gave the background to the area and the local restaurants and all were happy to see us.
A few recommendations for us over the next few days will help in our food quest and experiences.

We had a great time and highly recommended.

Chorley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“farmers market tour”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

we had a great tour by Kendall, lots of interesting facts and information about the history of the farmers market and the great restaurants on 3rd street, I now squeeze every donut before i eat it to see if they use fresh yeast or not. we had to leave before the last restaurant and nearly missed the next to last but Kendall got us our sample to go! we had a great morning and if I was in the area again I wouldnt hesitate to use Melting Pot tours again

Visited August 2012
Iowa City
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Glad we did it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and i did the 3rd Street Farmers Market Tour with Kendall who did a great job. One of the reasons I booked this tour is that my wife is a "foodie" and I usually do a terrible job finding good/decent priced food on our vacations. This gave us an opportunity to eat great food while learning about the area. We also utilized someone else's knowledge to eat well on the rest of our trip by returning to places we visited or talked about.

I think setting your expectations for this tour helps. It's 3 1/2 hours long. That's not too much time for what you're eating, but could be if you are one of those who struggle to maintain attention for more than 2 hours like many do. It's a nice amount of time to enjoy the food and hopefully the company of the people in the group.

Bottom line was that the food was good and learning a little about that part of LA was fun. We equally enjoyed the Farmers Market as well as our stroll down 3rd Street to other restaurants. Nothing was too exotic, but it was nice to try a couple things including Indian food which my wife found that she liked a lot. Now I'll be able to get her to go out for Indian with me. There was plenty of food! The value for the food and tour was really great in my opinion.

I'd love to try the tour in another neighborhood or city. I'd recommend bringing a bottle of water because it get's kind of warm on the walk. This is a great tour if you have a few days in LA - and especially if you want some help in the food department.

Visited September 2012