“NVM the poor reviews!”

Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Venice
Cross street: Milwood
Reviewed August 11, 2011

It will make it easier for us to get a table! We are so looking forward to a possible trip back to LA in Sept. More so by Teh fact that we can eat at Gjelina again!!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

As unpretentious as it is delicious! Real food, well sourced and prepared with soul. Everything I've had here has been divine. The space is beautiful, and each area has its own feel. Service is friendly and unhurried. Worth the wait - whatever it is!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My vegan niece and I went here and we both LOVED it. The miatake mushroom toast is unbelievable, the corn with smoked paprika---the best corn we've ever had, the grilled peach with burrata and arugala---what a fabulous combo, the carrots with cumin yogurt---wow! The butterscotch pot au creme and the grilled stone fruit desserts.....wow. FABULOUS FOOD! I will say that it is VERY LOUD. I don't know if my husband would like it, and I know my parents wouldn't---not because of the food--I can't imagine anyone not loving the food---it is the best meal we had in CA, but it definitely is loud.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

The food is delicious, thoughtful and creative. Yes, it's true Chef will not make any changes to your meal but not to worry you it's absolutely fabulous. Hip, trendy, long waits and all that but if your a foodie you will thoroughly enjoy your meal. Order "small plate" style and share. Also try their unusual cocktails. I'd recommended sitting outside in the back patio as it's more conducive to hearing your tablemates and it's cozy and charming.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is the most over-hyped, pretentious restaurant that I have dined at for a long time. I am told, If you are a hipster you will be happy. This is on a very popular and fun part of Abbot Kinney in Venice. The front bar/dining area is filled with loud conversation-people really have to yell to be heard. I guess in that atmosphere food is secondary and "being cool just because you are there" trumps service and quality. I ate here with 8 friends for my birthday. I was not aware of their unfriendly policy of no subs no omissions. Because of severe cow's milk allergies. I could only eat about 3 things on the menu. The thing that really bothered me was when we tried to order the rhubarb crisp with the gelato on the side - nope. Had to come on top. Why we asked? Quality control - seriously? The quality of the crisp depends on the gelato I guess. And after being told that I would become ill ( I am talking ER) they decided it was a good idea to bring out pot de creme with a birthday candle on it. Will never return. Food ain't good enough (pizza very charred and I don't mean just wood-fired, pate ok but how much can you eat) So many better hip places to eat in LA. Son of Gun in Hollywood for example - Very cool, very good and very nice.

4  Thank ranchmama