“took my breath away”

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Reviewed May 21, 2013

stunning architecture aside from the superior acoustics! Fantastic experience. A definite LA "must experience"

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yes that's right, there is no bad seat in the Disney Hall. Went to see the Marriage of Figaro, presented by a team of international accomplished artists. To watch Dudamel conduct is always mesmerizing, architect Nouvel transformed the concert into a Spanish castle, the masterly contemporary interpretation of costume by Alaia (I was closed enough - with a little help from a binocular - to be able to admire his signature body sculptural construction, down to the seams and fabric texture details, perfectly done, perfectly for the roles!); and the ever professional and well praised LA Philharmonic gracefully flowed with the celebrated singers. Moments of tease, moments of melancholy....all expressed so seemingly effortless by the LA Phil. It was a three hour performance with one intermission, a total treat to myself.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a gorgeous venue and world class philharmonic! I love classical music and they do not disappoint. The Disney Concert Hall does not have a bad seat in the house. All seats are terrific.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've heard about the LA Philharmonic for awhile. I enjoy symphony concerts, and am a subscriber in Milwaukee. So when I had the opportunity to be in LA for work, I attended a concert.

The skill of the symphony is beyond question, probably one of the best (if not the best) in the US. Unfortunately, the selection of music did not fit my taste. The works were premieres from young up-and-coming composers. A little too abstract for me, but a world-class orchestra needs to mix these in to stay on the edge. It was simply an unlucky for me that this was the concert when I was in town.

The concert hall is an attraction in itself. Outside, the architecture is stunning. Inside, the acoustics are wonderful and the space well-designed.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have been long time subscribers. Under the baton of Esa Pekka Salonin the Philharmonic blossomed into a truly world class orchestra. Now that he has passed the baton to Dudamel, we try to get additional tickets when he is guest conducting. We are impressed by Dudamel and the programs he has selected, but he has really big shoes to fill following Salonen, and we are sure that he will only get better. Of course the Philharmonic's new hall is an additional treat acoustically and architecturally.