Beverly Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$266
  • Beachfront
$271
$212
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$364
$337
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
$145
$119
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Run for the hills! (speaking of hills, this place is not beverly hills anything). I would rather sleep on the cold concrete on Hollywood Blvd with the homeless people.

This place was so dirty & is totally like one of those hotels that have little holes poked in the walls so that perverts can watch you... Disgusting!

The staff is extremely rude. I have never been so disrespected in my life as a customer. I didn't appreciate being yelled at, and it was their fault for not having any parking. Bring lots of quarters for the parking meters!! And lots of patience for the lady behind the counter.

The shower was dirty. Not with pubic hair but with filth. The shower curtain was a regular curtain that you would have at home but was dirty/gray at the bottom and stunk like mildew.
I vowed to sleep in my shoes and not bathe in the shower because it was that disgusting.

p.s. there is parking behind the building. This is the thing, there are only a few parking spaces. So basically parking will cost you $63. I say this because we parked at the meter and by the time we got our bags down the stairs, we had a TICKET! Literally 2 minutes past the expired time. MAKES ME CUSS!!

I am not a snot and I am not foo foo. Learn from our mistake, RUN, RUN far far away.

We were lucky, I booked this hotel for ONE night and we ran to the "Roosevelt hotel" which is pristine and one block from the walk of fame.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel ;)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Justin T
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The location of this motel is great very convinent walk to the farmers market and lots of cute little coffee shops and whole food markets around. My complaints would be the staff is very rude. Can't ask them for anything they act very impatient and bothered to help their guests. The rooms need improvement. The curtains are stained and bunched together not fitting correctly with holes. The bathroom is ok needs to be cleaned and updated, but do able. I would recommend only sleeping with the white sheet because the other two blankets are dirty and need to be thrown out. Not to mention I come in late and I'm exhausted and just my luck I find the biggest roach crawling up the wall near my belongings. If I were staying here anymore than 4 nights I wouldn't have made it through this awful place. Please trust the reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Sunflower1414
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the Beverly Inn for 2 nights this week out of desperation. My standby hotel was booked solid. I had read the reviews so I was prepared - I knew what to expect.
The positives:
- clean bathroom (but extremely dated with torn wallpaper and messy caulking around tub.
- sheets were clean
- towels were clean (very thin and small)
- Modern flat screen TV (even if 75% of channels didn't come in.)
- A/C works well (even if it is on a looped circuit with all the other A/C's so they don't run constantly in any one room)

The negatives:
- EXTREMELY DATED - not enough room to say how bad it was.
- I think my bed had bedbugs. I woke up in the morning with bites on my lower ankles each day. (There were fresh ones the second morning.)
- Wife behind counter is cold and indifferent. I even tried to joke with her and she barely broke a smile. She has no interest in giving customer service - she is there to take your money and be done with you - period.
- breakfast - Not. Don't ask.
- in room phone was broken
- door hook to lock door from inside was broken
- terrible smell from cleaning detergent permeated room.

I am giving this place 1 star only because it appears the maid does her/his best to clean the room. Otherwise, this place shouldn't get any stars - it needs a complete remodel and a new owner.

I won't be staying here again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Don't know if any other rooms are better than the one I had.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank twento
Reviewed June 27, 2012

i dont agree with the people that says this hotel is discusting, i stayed here for 5 days, my room was ok, the bathroom was renovated, ok the staff in the from desk is not nice but is a motel that's the way it is. the price is very good, centrally located, the parking is very limited though, if you like to be welcome this is not the place for you. i travel around the world and this place is ok ,believe me.

Room Tip: i stayed in 109 , big bathroom and no noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Hotel for the price is Good, Bed was comfortable, As a disabled person access on ground floor was good, room itself fine for people with disabilities. Despite being on the main road once inside room could not hear the traffic outside! Nice and centrally located 5 minute walk to The Grove and Farmers Market.
My only moan is with the Reception staff who totally lacked any form of Customer Service, there was a confusion on my part regarding payment at Check In, The lady made me feel really awful. A few times during my stay I had cause to ask her for some local information well you'd think Id asked her to take me there ! So bad ! Im a senior Customer Service Advisor and I was disgusted by her whole attitude and I would have to think twice about staying there. If the same woman was in Check in and her attitude was as bad then I would just walk away. They are quick to take your money - but wont give the service.

Room Tip: Disabled Ground Floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo