“Great deal for a great price”

Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #118 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend in March and had a suite. Spacious living room and bedroom. The bathroom was HUGE! The service at the front desk was great--they even printed out our airline boarding passes for us. Breakfast was great and the staff in the dining room was very friendly. The remodel is completed and is lovely. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. great bed . Would definitely recommend to others and would stay again. Hotel is in a great location and very convenient to central LA.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank maverickmom

Reviewed March 26, 2007

I liked the location of this property - not within walking distance of much. Neat and clean, no frills...overpriced breakfast. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed March 16, 2007

After being reassured a recent renovation cured the many problems (smelly bathrooms, stained carpeting, LOUSY service (front desk and room service), and noisy rooms) that plagued this hotel, I made the mistake of giving them another chance. WRONG thing to do! Service is still horrid! I waited 10 minutes to check-in (at 10:00 at night) while the front desk clerk, all the while smiling at me and saying "one minute", carried on a conversation with who could only be assumed as a very close boyfriend. After that I was checked in and was given the farthest room from the elevator, only to find out it had 2 double beds versus the requested king size (this is the 4th room - and last - I've booked through the Internet and all 4 have had lousy locations! Hello American Express Travel!). I called the front desk, and after no answer following the 30th ring, I went back down to the front desk to find the clerk again on her cell phone. It only took her 5 minutes this time before I was told there were no king rooms available. Room service the following night took 45 minutes – for a $18 hamburger – and it was COLD!
The next morning I registered a complaint with someone who claimed to have been the general manager and found his response rather amusing. He basically, in so many words, said that not EVERYONE can be pleased! A very novel idea I thought, coming from a hotel manager, whose mantra is if you don't like it, I'll fix it. Riiiggghhhttt!
What angered me more was that there was NO attempt made to check and see if there WAS a king size room available (I didn’t mention the poor room service to him. Good thing as he probably would have told me there’s a nice Carl’s Drive thru two blocks away!). I was left to feel I should be grateful I had a room at all. This was NOT the Oscar's week and the hotel looked relatively empty (I now know why!).While this is not the manager’s fault, salt was poured on the wound when while waiting for my ride, a fellow guest said that this isn't bad for the location, a Courtyard, and a $79 per night rate. I was paying $229 - for a room I didn't even want! I bet SHE got my king size bed.....
Needless to say, STAY AWAY from this hotel. I doubt Motel 6 would want this property to share its name!

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank TravelerOrlando
Reviewed November 13, 2006

It really puzzles me why this hotel earned the 3 star rating. And this is why:

1. The hotel is located just a foot (1) away from a busy road. Traffic noise easily travels thru the hotel's thin room windows.
2. The hotels security is lacking. Imagine getting a room key to the hotel room that is already occupied by someone else. This is what happened to us when we walked-in on an unsuspecting man resting in his red underwear on bed.
3. The hotel staff is untrained and unprofessional. For example, we were greeted by "Whatz Up?"

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank PGore
Reviewed September 14, 2006

The remodeling that was mentioned in previous reviews is completed and the hotel looks very nice. New furniture, fixtures, carpet, etc. Each room has a microwave and fridge. Keep in mind they don't have pool. Might be a disappointment for a vacationing family.

Our room was big enough for my husband and I, but I wouldn't want to be traveling with a family of four in this size room. Avoid room 335 the noise from the elevator (not people getting on the elevator, but the actually mechanism is really loud. Might be the same for 235 too.)

It's in an unremarkable, but safe location. Mostly office buildings and neighborhood, plus it's on a very busy street. Probably great if you are doing business at one of the networks.

There is no free breakfast. I find this odd when lesser, cheaper Marriotts do. They serve a $10 breakfast which looked adequate, but we opted to cross the street and grab a microwaveable breakfast at the Ralph's grocery store. Got two breakfast burritos, yogurts and an apple for $3. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but the Ralph's is a "Fresh Faire" which is Ralph's more "gourmet" kind of grocery store. You could feed yourself well over there, plus they have a nice wine selection.

When you arrive, unload your car at the lobby level because there is no elevator to the garage. Odd.

The staff was incredibly nice and professional - almost like they were working at a nicer hotel than they are.

There is a computer in the lobby (they call it their "business center") with a printer. Plus free high speed in the rooms (not wireless).

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lindymae
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Great place to stay to be close to, but not in, the Hollywood and Santa Monica beach areas. Room was better than I expected. Room and bathroom were very clean. Staff was also very helpful.

Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank jvteach77
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Be aware that the hotel is undergoing extensive renovation and that there is no special consideration given for the guests, except that the check in staff wear silly hard hats. They'll still charge you rack rates, and you have to step around the work men that work during the day. There dust and debris on your way to your room (and it follows you). There are no signs telling where the safe areas from the construction areas are (OSHA violation???)Valet/self parking is $15/day regardless.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!