“Average Hotel”

Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #119 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very clean, basic, old fashioned type of hotel, good WiFi and extremely friendly staff. That being said, it is absolutely all you get for the price and for this price point, I really expected a couple of perks. I was not told parking is an additional $19 per night when I booked my room. I had no choice but to pay it because the neighborhood around the hotel is all special permit parking only. I was with my daughters after a last minute, spontaneous driving tour of LA area colleges, and had to find a hotel by using my phone and had I been able to do more internet research, I wouldn't have chosen this hotel. Even a muffin and juice in the morning would have been better than the nothing we received. After paying so much for the room, parking and hotel tax and seeing the prices of their onsite Bistro, we ate dinner elsewhere and left as soon as possible in the morning to find a better choice for breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose upper floors. Hotel faces Olympic Blvd. which has lots of constant, noisy, traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear VCTraveler,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your reveiw of our property, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our guest services and that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room and the Wi-Fi service. These attributes are paramount to the satisfaction and loyalty of our guests and I am so happy we were able to meet our service goals.

I know it can be frustrating to have an unexpected charge appear on your bill which is why we make every effort to ensure that our daily parking fee is advertised on all reservation channels, so I do apologize that you were unnaware of this fee in advance of your arrival. Parking fees in the LA area can be astronomical but I assure you we have an extremely competitive rate being one of the lowest in the area.

Also, we do offer fresh baked cookies at 3pm every day in the lobby as well as our refreshing "fruit water" which changes daily, if you stay with us again in the future please be sure to stop by and have some.

Thank you again for yur comments and we do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. Great location in West LA close to getty, Santa Monica and only 10 miles from Downtown. You need a car to get around, though. Staff was amazing and hotel was recently renovated! The best thing is the staff. They make you feel at home, super friendly and engaged. You can tell they all enjoy their jobs. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pdv1230
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with the Courtyard Marriott Century City-Beverly Hills. My staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed not only our property but our service. We hope you can visit us again soon!

At Your Service,

K. Packard
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is a gem, located on the West side of LA. The staff makes you feel so welcomed and they are really interested in talking with you about everything. I would highly recommend staying here. We will be back

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kristel P, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear golferfan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay exerience. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Courtyard Marriott Century City-Beverly Hills a leader in hotel excellence.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

At your service,

Kristel Packard
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very convenient location. Best valets anywhere. They were extremely friendly. I felt like an old friend was helping me. I looked forward to bringing my car back to the hotel. It was an older facility but very well maintained and has had a recent well done remodel.

I could not have been more pleased with my 4 night stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith L
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Keith L,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. My team will be excited to know their service was appreciated. We look forward your future business. Kind Regards

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I found this amazing little Courtyard while staying in Beverly Hills. This staff deserves five stars and multiple guest satisfaction awards, which I am sure they earn annually. Michael (I think this was his name) checked us in. He was so friendly, so accommodating, and upgraded us to a "renovated" room that had a patio door that took us right to the hot tub. He gave excellent recommendations for dinner and even let us use his computer to see the website of a movie theatre he recommended. I was blown away by his attention to our needs and interests and his friendliness. (We checked in the afternoon before labor day... please recognize this associate if I have his name wrong.)
I went to the bar-- which I understand is the new vision of Courtyards-- and got a margarita in the evening right before close. The two gentlemen working the bar were outstanding, friendly, and funny. I enjoyed my conversation with them so much I almost didn't go back to my room to be with my boyfriend! They weren't sure how to make my margarita (they were new to the bar) so we laughed our way through the process and it still tasted great!
The hot tub was extremely small and the entry lock to the area was broken so we reached on the other side and manually opened the fence. Hopefully they got this fixed. The hot tub was TINY-- many fits 6- 8 people... but it in a nice courtyard with overhead "Christmas" lights that made it a lot of fun.
Finally-- the valet was very outgoing and friendly. He took my bag and placed it in my trunk for me, opened my car door, and ensured that we were satisfied before leaving the hotel.
All in all... excellent service in a great location. Very near to Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that have a patio leading directly to the fitness area/hot tub. Make sure y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tootandtugboat
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear tootandtugboat,

I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and found the staff friendly and accommodating. Staff member love when they get personally recognized so thank you for doing that. We look forward to your future visits and we are glad you have found your home whenever you visit Los Angeles. Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this little Courtyard this November.
Staff -from front desk to cleaning lady & valet parking people to the guys at the little restaurant- is very friendly and extremely helpful.
Room is clean, looks all updated & renovated, bathroom is ok - a little on the small side, but good. Shower is fantastic! Light by the sink is nice & bright.
View out of room was onto W.Olympic Blvd which is a busy street, but we did not hear any noise.
A/C worked great.
The little restaurant/Starbucks combo is very good. Had breakfast there every morning and lunch one time. Food was freshly prepared and very tasty.
I would definitely stay here again the next time I come to LA.
You can also walk to a big shopping mall (10 min walk) from hotel.
Plus there is a grocery store right across from the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear SeekAdventures,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoy your stay and that the service, food and accomodations were to your liking. We do agree that our renovation turned out great and our rooms even on Olympic Blvd are very nice. Our location is also perfect for tourning the local museums, shopping, Rodeo Drive and of course Santa Monica. Thanks for staying and we are glad you enjoyed the bistro. Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had a great stay! Wanted a safe neighborhood, convenient to Beverly Hills/Hollywood tourist attractions & this fit. Not sure how convenient it is to public transport, but with a rental car/your own car, this is a good location. Yes, you pay $18/day to park, but it includes in/out, and that's actually pretty cheap by LA standards. I had seen upwards of $40 in other hotels close by. Booked through priceline, so what I saved in the nightly rate more than made up for parking costs.

Staff was friendly & welcoming - valet was especially accommodating. They were always quick to get the car, and recognized us. Front desk staff at check-in was nice too, and the restaurant staff was great. We had brought some food with us, knowing the hotel had a mini fridge & microwave, and called down to ask if we could borrow some plates. The guy working had them ready for me as soon as I got downstairs.

Rooms were nice and updated. Not extremely large in size, but for a couple who just wanted a decent place to sleep after sight-seeing, it was comfortable. Maybe not the best for a family of 3 or 4 (in one room), but for a business traveler or couple, this hotel is great. No issues with noise.

Would definitely stay here again if back in LA!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear TOzzy21,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the rooms, hotel, and service met your needs. Yes parking in LA can be quite agressive and we feel we are the bargain on this side of town. Thank you for your kind comments the staff will be thrilled that another guest was satisfied with our hotel. Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!