“Reasonably priced hotel for the area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #105 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Annapolis, Maryland
“Reasonably priced hotel for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Courtyard Hotel numerous times when in LA visiting family. Since our last stay this hotel has been updated with some big improvements to the lobby and restaurant areas. They also have added a lot of patio furniture just out the door from the restaurant. The fitness center is our only complaint. For a relatively large Marriott family hotel to have two treadmills and one elliptical trainer seems pretty pitiful. The fitness center is nice in that it is sort of outdoors next to the patio but please put in some more equipment. We had to wait for probably about 20 min for people to finish up. There is a Ralph's directly across the street which is nice if you want to stock your minifridge but be careful crossing the road because the drivers are maniacs for sure. And there are a lot of them. We were in a corner room that was really spacious but quite noisy with the traffic on W. Olympic. We did get used to the noise and slept just fine. Overall the location and cost win us over with this hotel every time.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the backside of the hotel since W. Olympic is a VERY busy road and sounds like a race...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan B
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear BostonhikerBoston_MA,

I am glad you enjoyed the recent renovations, we agree they turned out well. I appreciate the feedback about the fitness center. We have discussed enlarging this space it is just a matter of how. We look forward to your future visits. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My place to stay when I need to be in the area for business. SInce my last stay the rooms, lobby and Bistro were all updated and look contemporary and fresh. The staff at the front desk and Bistro are like old friends, with suggestions for dining or eating in when the days are too tiring. I will stay here again next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ginnynj4133, I am glad you enjoyed the renovations, we think they turned out great. I am also glad you were welcomed back by the team. We look forward to your next visit your home away from home. Kind Regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I always stay around the century city area to be close to my friends house, and the hotel I usually stay in was booked out so I gave the courtyard a try.
Was pleasantly surprised at the hotel - the staff were friendly and happy, and were quick to offer tips about the local area. Check-in was quick and efficient and after a 14hr flight from Australia I very mcuh appreciated being able to get into my room a bit earlier than the official check in time!
The room was pretty standard - clean, decent size and comfy beds! Only thing that was a little odd was the sink being outside the bathroom!
The hotel is well located in a quiet area, and the lobby is clean and bright! Overall had a good one night stay and would consider the courtyard again in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear shannatic, I am so glad you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your future stays. Kind Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is our go to place to stay when we visit UCLA. The recent renovations over the years have been excellent. The rooms are comfortable, modern, and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The new area around the cafe is very bright and welcoming.Service is very good. They even changed the clocks in our room for daylight savings. Two things I'll add. I was skeptical of having a ground floor room by the spa and fitness room (small but well equipped). The room was actually very quiet, with a door that closed between the bathroom/entry and sleeping area. Shut out any hall noise. The other thing we have to comment on, the valet parking. Many may think $18 is steep for parking, but the valet staff is absolutely fantastic. They are fast, courteous, get your bags, open doors and remember your car! Never thought I'd praise the valet service anywhere. Those guys are gems. We highly recommend this Courtyard if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear LauraM, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the renovations and the staff. Let me also point out that comparted to the neighboring hotels our parking is is anywhere from $5 to 20 less expensive, too. I am look forward to your future visits and the staff will be thrilled to know you were pleased with the service. Kind Regards,
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have had great experiences with Courtyards in the past, but I was rather disappointed in this one. It was comfy and clean, but the guy and gal who were at the check-in desk most of our stay did not seem interested in assisting us any time that we approached them. In fact, although the front desk was not busy, the gal just turned her back and walked away a couple of times as we stopped to ask a question, leaving just the guy who then picked up the phone and stayed on a call rather than asking the caller to hold long enough to answer our question or summon the gal to come back and help out. They even made paying for a purchase from the small store next to the front desk seem like a difficult task (or at least an interruption to one of their personal conversations). There was one who was very friendly and helpful (Jorge, I think?). When I needed help getting the in-room wi-fi connection on my moblie phone, the guy at the front desk sent me upstairs to him. Jorge was also very helpful and friendly with food orders from the face and when he was working the front desk at the end of our stay. The guys that handled the parking garage were wonderful...very friendly and helpful.

I was surprised that their rooms do not have a separate "living room" with a pullout sofa for our adult son to be able to enjoy his own space and TV time after my husband and I turned in for the night (he lived just a few miles away but was rooming with us to coordinate outings easily). The shared patio area outside our patio door was kind of odd and not very inviting (I don't think anyone used it during our stay). I was very surprised that there was no swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ladytex
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Ladytex,

Please accept my apologies for the less than stellar service you received from our front desk team. This is certainly within our control to be helpful and friendly. Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention. I am glad you found our engineering department and parking staff top notch. It is always great to recognize staff when they personally get mentioned in a review. Kind Regards,
Oceanside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were attending a seminar in L.A. and wanted a nice place to stay for a weekend which wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Went online and found that the Courtyard would fit the bill...near the Westfield Century City Mall, big room with nice amenities and staff which took care of our every needs. Was not disappointed at all as everything was as described and I even received my very own parking space for my motorcycle (with a discount to boot). If we are in the area again, will definitely reserve a room here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Barry H,

I am so glad to hear we met your needs and you enjoyed the room, location and team here. I am also please to hear that my valet team took good care of your bike. Kind Regards,
West Chester, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott when we were visiting the LA area. We picked this hotel because it was close to the places that we wanted to visit. We found this hotel very comfortable. The staff and valet were friendly. It was easy to get in and out of the area. There was breakfast offered onsite but it was an additional expense. For some reason, I thought it was included in the price but the offerings were much better than the fare that is usually included in "included" meals. The staff was helpful when we were looking for directions or recommendations for restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherri P
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Sherri819,

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Los Angeles and found the staff and hotel to your liking. Thanks for choosing our location and we look forward to your future stays. Kind Regards,