“Poor staff information” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Poor staff information”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel staff recommended us to use their hotel driver, telling us this would work out to be cheaper than a taxi service as it was a flat fare - AN ENORMOUS LIE! The service was EXCEPTIONALLY expensive, almost three times the price of a taxi service. When we asked the driver for more information, the driver (conveniently) did not understand English anymore. We were also provided false information by hotel staff for a shuttle service to Disneyland: we were told we would arrive at our destination at 10am, and be picked up at 10pm, in actual fact we would arrive at 11am, and be picked up at 6:50pm. These two factors ruined my entire experience of this hotel. I definitely would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear happifreckle,

I am sorry to hear there was some mis-communications regarding transportation. A Taxi certainly will be less expensive as long as there is no traffic, which is a thing very hard to predict in Southern California. Offering a limo driver means it is a fixed fee no matter how much or how long the traffic takes. I apologize for the mis-communication. We often recommend Starline tours which includes transportation, however again they are transporting multiple guests from often times several locations. We try to give all the information and let the guest decide the best options for themselves.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip. The room was quite pleasant. Plenty of light and quite spacious. Shower is not as good as I expected but not a big deal.
The hotel has no room service but a grab and go food counter. It has good selection for breakfast.
The only complain I had was for the noise but nothing the hotel could have done. My room was facing the roadside which was painful if you were looking for a good night sleep. Other than the shower and the noise, seems to be a good choice for a centralized hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear YWMCC,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will have my team check out the shower. Yes there is noise from the street and we have upgraded the windows and sliding glass doors, however there is still some noise. Thank you comments and we look forward to your future stays. Kind Regards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had planned to stay at a tonier hotel, but because of an online reservations error we were placed(at my initial chagrin) here.But the staff was so nice, the rooms so spacious and bright, that we not only enjoyed it,, but returned at the end of our California trip for another two nights. The location was perfect an easiy accessed. My impressions of this chain were greatly improved after this stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank northsoutheastwest
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear northsoutheastwest,

I am so glad our team of staff members and overall room accommodations were pleasing. Thank you for your business and return business and of course thank you for taking to time to tell others of your experience. Kind Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here because I was late to book the hotel of my conference. I was pleasently suprised. Staff was super-helpful and super-nice - big thanks to the front desk clerks and cafe workers 8/1-8/4. My experience with hotels doesn't usually include the flexible, grab-and-go food options they had here - that was a bonus. I thought I'd be trapped on a highway hotel with nothing to eat (although it's within walking distance to the mall, too). Gym was oddly placed outside and very small, but fine for a quick work-out. I liked the feel of the lounge/courtyard on the second floor. Rooms were basic, but spacious. Appreciate the sink outside the bathroom. I was on the courtyard side so it was quiet, don't know about the roadside. Obviously, a Courtyard Mariott isn't fancy, but if you want a clean, friendly place to stay, this does the job.

This isn't a luxury hotel, but I'm rating it as very good, because for it's category, that's exactly what it is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Countess_Nomad
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Countness_Nomad,

I am glad to hear you were pleased with the overall hotel, staff and service. Many people enjoy our renovated Bistro/Lounge area and like openness, sitting areas, TV booths and overall relaxing appeal. Thanks for chosing the hotel and taking the time to let others know about your experience. Kind Regards,
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our family stayed here for five nights when my husband was at Cedars Sinai for surgery. This was a perfect location in terms of easy access to the hospital. Plus, it was a comfortable hotel that started to feel like home away from home after a long day. The rooms are large and up to date, the restaurant (bistro) is casual and has several televisions, giving us a good way to unwind with extended family before heading to our rooms. The people are amazing...the valets knew us and ran to get our car as soon as they saw us come downstairs. We didn't know how many nights we would need but the hotel staff was most concerned about making sure we didn't give up our room too soon and instead, held on to the reservations until we were sure we didn't need them anymore. Canceling our extra room nights was not a problem. I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl S
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Cheryl S.,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff during your husband's surgery and illness. We hope he is recovering well and glad to hear you felt like this was a great hotel to unwind under the circumstances. Kind Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very relaxing stay at this hotel, flat screen tv's are available at some of the tables in the dining area along with charging ports. The large flat screen tv in the sitting area is very nice as well. Enjoyed Starbucks coffee. The rooms are modern and clean.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear JiminyMarie,

I am so glad to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful and that you enjoy the recently renovated lobby and guest rooms. Kind Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This Marriott is very nice and in a great location if you are spending time on the west side of L.A. I like that it is a small hotel with parking that is close and not a hassle. I am not even going to complain about the nightly parking charge of $18 because that is cheap compared to what some other hotels charge. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious (however our room was supposedly an upgrade and bigger than others, meaning regular rooms must be really small). I didn't use the cafe or any of the relaxing sitting areas, but they did add value to the hotel. The only con I can think of is that the door that separated the room from the bathroom and room entrance was broken and that area was very small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monchichi80
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Monchichi80,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your satisfaction with our Hotel. Yes parking is a reality here in West LA, our competitors are closer to $40 night. The rooms were recently renovated so I am glad to hear you were pleased. Kind Regards,