Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Ranked #106 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Alabama
“So pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We are delighted with this hotel -- I am staying here now. We had planned to stay only one night, but we are so pleased with the room that we are extending our stay. The recently remodeled room is lovely. Although this room faces Olympic Blvd. and doesn't have a balcony, it doesn't suffer for either condition (unlike some of the reviews that complained about this kind of room). As some reviews already mentioned, the staff here are stellar. We have been made to feel very welcome and at home. I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank arbeej
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear arbeej,

I am so glad to hear you are enjoying your stay and the staff has been accomodating. I appreciate your kind words and thank you for your business.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great location, close to LAX, easy access to Santa Monica beaches and attractions, excellent made to order breakfast was included, staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was beautifully detailed, and extremely quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Seabreeze48,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, it's location and our newly remodeled rooms. Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The true strength of this hotel is its staff. The front desk is courteous and extremely helpful. They went out of their way to get me information when I needed it and I overheard other guests receiving the same great treatment. The parking staff at the garage are incredibly friendly and warm. When I arrived back at the hotel one night only to realize I had left my purse at an event, the two men working in the garage that night were so empathetic and cheered when I returned again with my bag. Other than that, The location could be better. Other than that for all of the hotel's good qualities, there was always a flaw in the way of a truly good experience. The immediate area is an absolute ghost town at night and the hotel is not within reasonable walking distance to anything other than a supermarket. With a car, it is very close to several great neighborhoods, particularly Beverly Hills. Santa Monica and the beach are a quick drive away unless you go during rush hour when LA's famous traffic can be limiting. The rooms are nice and roomy (fortunately, I did not find the cleanliness issue that the previous reviewer did) but those facing Olympic Boulevard get a lot of traffic noise even overnight and despite double pained windows. The public spaces are nice, especially the glass enclosed gym, and the hotel makes a nod to service by putting out drinks and cookies in the lobby. This hotel is trying very hard but isn't quite there yet.

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking Olympic Boulevard, they are too loud at night. Choose a room at the back of the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marci B
Dear Marci B,

Thank you for your feedback about our staff and your overall impressions on the hotel. We review all our guest comments and work on implementing feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Kind Regards,
Richmond
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I travel a lot for work and stay in hotels regularly. I've never taken the time to write a negative hotel review until now. The reason? I got ringworm on my leg from the towels in this hotel. It's so disgusting that I can hardly bring myself to type it in this public forum. The unsanitary towels that gave me a skin rash would be enough to write a negative review. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only problem. To my surprise, the hotel was under construction when I arrived. Not only was it under construction, the actual floor I was stay on was under construction. My room was the first door to the left of the elevator and the construction was the entire hallway to the right of the elevator. There was big sheets of plastic hanging from the ceiling and dirt and dust everywhere. There were also construction workers walking back and forth outside my door. I was traveling alone and it was incredibly eerie and uncomfortable to be staying in such an environment. Last but not least, the hotel failed to clean my room one of the 3 days I was staying there. I got back to the hotel at 7pm to an unmade bed, dirty towels and trash in my room. I had to call the front desk to notify them that they had overlooked cleaning my room all together. They even tried to blame me at first for telling the cleaning staff not to clean the room. I had been gone all day and would never have had an opportunity to do something like that. It was incredibly disappointing. At the end of my stay I explained to the staff my frustrations. They took down my information and told me their Operations Manager would call me. Surprise surprise - I never got a call.

Long and disgusting story short, this place is a dump. There are 1,000 hotels in LA - save yourself the skin infection and book a room somewhere else.

Room Tip: This hotel is under construction and they put hotel guests on the floors that are currently being re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julie J
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Julie J.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. I invite you to give me a call personally to further discuss your comments. Let me also point out that Ringworm is a medical condition and to be clear, my understanding it is a "skin to skin" transmission so it would be difficult for your say that you got it from our towels. That being said, I do apologize that my operations manager did not get back with you as you requested. Again please call me directly at the Hotel.

Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Solid LA location in terms of being able to get anywhere- but as with anything in LA, freeway traffic around here stinks. It is a little further from Hollywood area as I would have preferred. The cab ride cost about $30 to hit some bars in that area. Hotels can get very pricey in this part of town (for anything not scary), and I was staying on a Marriott rewards voucher. If you are loyal to Marriott, this is going to be one of your closest hotels to the Hollywood scene, short of Burbank airport area, or the Beverly Hills Residence Inn. As far as the hotel itself, it has a quaint feel, but it is very nice. The rooms are consistent with the level of quality you would expect with a Marriott property. Staff is friendly and really helpful. If you came with a car, parking will run you about $18 a day. Seems expensive, but it is LA, that is everywhere!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank autiger3313
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear autiger3313,

Thank you for your posting and I am glad to hear you found the hotel to your liking and the staff was favorable. Yes parking is a challenge but we are anywhere from $10-20 less expensive that your competitors. I am glad you chose our Hotel and certainly we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Carlsbad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay here. We needed a place close to Brentwood and I am so happy we found this hotel. There are a lot of hotels in the area, but as many know in LA some areas can be quite sketchy. This hotel was in a nice area, right across the street from a Ralphs grocery store and just down the street from many good and affordable restaurants.

Our room was newly remodeled and had a King bed, a sofa bed and we were able to also get a roll away in comfortably. We were also a part of a few rooms that had a walled in courtyard accessible from a sliding door in our room (on the first floor). That was a nice extension to the room.

The valet were very helpful. Our room was not ready when we arrived (early) so we ate at the restaurant in the hotel. Our valet came up to the restaurant to let us know that he had checked on our room and it was ready. Our truck was available the minute we needed it as well. Front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

The food at the restaurant was not very good (lunchtime) and service was slow. Our morning meal was much better and service was wonderful. I also was very happy with the complimentary cucumber water and cookies during the day and the free Starbucks coffee in the morning, which was in the lobby.

If we are back in the area again next year, I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 111, which had just been remodeled. The sofa bed even had its manufacturing plastic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear M F,

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and that you like the new remodeled rooms. I also apprecaite the feedback about service in the Bistro. We look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards,
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a first stay at this location. The price was substantially higher than what I normally pay for a Courtyard, but the location was important. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When I checked in, they advised that they were having problems with the TV system and that not all channels were available. They offered to buy me dinner in the Bistro, and since it was late and I was in for the night without dinner, I took them up on it. The Bistro staff that night and the next morning were wonderfully warm and friendly, and the food was good. The rooms had recentlyt been renovated. Eveything was fine except for the placement of the long table/desk that was positioned immediately across from the foor of the bed, leaving a very narrow walkway. The whole unit could have been slid down closer to the corner of the room, resulting in a more comfortable and less claustraphobic feel. Otherwise, great location and experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CYCCBH, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Steve M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will personally take a look at the layout and see how your suggestion looks. I appreciate your kinds words about our team members and again I can't say how much I appreciate your business. I look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards,