TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,234 results
All reviews farmers market cbs studios restaurant tart great location robin room whiskey tasting main building valet parking whole foods tar pits boutique hotel directly across the street trader joes fun hotel little touches west hollywood walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I have been saving for this trip to LA for 9 months. We both work extremely hard and needed this vacation. Not only was this our first time on the west coast but also our first time flying so we were a little nervous.
After 2 flights and being awake for 30 hours, arriving at the hotel was a breeze. Everyone was so friendly and checking in was easy. We were surprised to here that a friend of ours had bought us a champagne breakfast for the following morning and the next morning the breakfast was delicious! I highly recommend ordering it. Then later that day we got a text from them saying that they weren't happy with the food they sent us so they offered us 2 free cocktails on them! We happily enjoyed them with our French toast the next morning at Tart, the restaurant attached to the hotel.
Overall, the experience was the best I've ever had at a hotel and I would 100% recommend staying here and I would absolutely stay here again!

Room tip: No tips, everything was great!
Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to read how well our staff is service. I will be sure to share this with them.

We wish you the best travel experiences.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

I stayed here while visiting my son who lives nearby. This was in an excellent location to walk to everything. Rooms and hotel spaces were clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free pass to gym that was 2 blocks away. I will stay here again the next time I visit!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us.
Your kind words are very appreciated.

We wish you the best travel experiences.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I am someone who prefgers not to stay in a monster sized resort hotel but instead prefers one that is easy to get in and out of and is conveniently located. Farmer's Daughter is a perfect example. Very clean, secure, and located perfectly for such attractions as the LACMA, La Brea Tarpits, The Grove and Rodeo Drive. The location is also very close to excellant restaurants and exclusive shopping. This quiet hotel has a small pool adn private courtyard that seems like an oasis in the middle of LA's chaos. The parking is by valet but the service was very quick and secure.

Room tip: the suites in the main building by the elevator are my favorites
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2019

The value was not so good and paid almost 364 a night for a small room. Yet the desk staff was friendly and the restaurant was nice.
However I am pissed because they have hidden FEES....third page of the agreement in very small print...they do NOT NOT have free wifi and they will charge you no matter what 40$ in fees on top of your bill if you do not book directly with the hotel . I feel this was very dishonest and not clear and this should not be hidden in " small print" . that sneeky factor makes me not want to book there. The AGODA website also says Free wifi.
I went to the agoda site and did not see it , it maybe when u finalize your booking when u are rushed and have one second after you put in all your info and "1 room left is flashing" ..but the main agoda says free wifi.
Also they tried to charge me a valet fee of 50$ yet i did not have a car...they said it so sure that i was using a car
Anyway i will talk to the manager tomorrow and hopefully he can fix this problem but buyer be aware .

Room tip: Watch for extra fees
Date of stay: August 2019
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
I do apologize for how Agoda lists all the charges.
As you can know we have no control how other sites besides our own list fees, prices, photos,etc.

However I looked at Agoda and in the bottom right under price when you choose a room it clearly states the $20 fee right under the price.

I am not sure where you got the idea WIFI was part of that. We have Free WIFI.
That fee inlcudes the use among other things - YOGA in the Morning (must sign up the night before), Use of Beach Cruiser custom bikes, fresh back cookies every night, etc. etc.

$50 for Valet? Our fee is $38 a night. The system is automated for parking so the staff can put any number in the charges.

I will be double checking with our Front Desk to see if they were able to speak with you and get everything squared away.

- peter

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Family of 4 (two adults, two teens) from the East Coast looking to not break the bank for a two night, quickie vacation to LA.

Room 301: 4 stars for a family of four; 5 stars for a couple.
I would stay here again, but possibly choose a second floor room (if the bed arrangement worked for my party).

We stayed in room 301 in the main building. The room has two comfortable beds. It also had a long banquet style sofa and a round table. There is plenty of underbed storage and under sofa storage for suitcases, etc. The room has no closet and only two large drawers to store belongings. A bar and hangers were provided above the small dresser, but there are also hanging hooks along a large decorative mirror on the wall. This room was extremely quiet. No street noise or noise from other rooms.

We spent quite a bit of time on the large second floor balcony that overlooked the pool. They had comfortable adirondack chairs and a large picnic table where we relaxed and played cards/games. If you have 4 people, I'd consider booking a room that opens out to this common area (check with the hotel about bed configurations for these rooms).

The location is amazing. Shopping and restaurants are right across the street at the Farmers Market and the Grove. We walked to La Brea Tarpits and rode the hotel-provided bikes.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a couple on a longer stay, or a family on a shorter stay (due to room size and storage configuration).

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank jkaykay19

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience.
We are super fortunate to have such an amazing location. We thank the lord every day..

We wish the best travel experiences.