“As a Hotel General Manager in Montana, this place is a 5 star!”

Farmer's Daughter Hotel
Ranked #26 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Spokane, Washington
“As a Hotel General Manager in Montana, this place is a 5 star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clean clean clean!!!! What a great staff, this would be a dream place to Manager with awesome staff & feel. Cannot say emough, i ran my hand across window sills, checked under beds, looked at walls & the bed is very comfortable!!!

• Stayed August 2012
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
thank you!!! Your super kind review will be shared with all. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April2007, and liked it so much we came back with my sister in law last week. It was wonderful to see that nothing had changed. They still had the wonderful staff at the front desk (Suzanne), the great waiters at Tart (Michael), and the perks that most people don't even think about., They have bikes that are complimentary for guest use, a "library" out front, complimentary food items ranging from potato chips one time to the legendary chocolate chip cookies. We loved the outdoor seating at the attached restaurant (Tart), and saw the pool with the giant rubber duckies. The only thing I didn't like was the view from our room. We had a view of the auto mechanic next door, but as another reviewer stated, we just kept the curtains closed. In 2007, we stepped outside of our room to a wonderful view of the Hollywood sign.

This hotel is really in the heart of LA, but when you are there, you never feel like you are in the middle of a bustling city. You feel like you are at home!

1 Thank Sherri F
picataggio, Owner at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
First and most importantly thank you for staying with us again...
Thank you for the super kind review, I will share this with the staff right away.
Th wife and I are constantly looking to make little tweaks that add to the brand, you mentioned the Library, that just went in.
We believe very strongly that in this day and age of electronics that sitting with a real book and letting your mind create the visual of the words on the page is more important than ever..

Again thank you for choosing us as your place to stay while in town. Next time you are in please be sure to stop in and say hello...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed for four nights in January at the Farmer's Daughter. I came to LA to find an apartment, i was in the process of moving and it was my first time in LA. I couldn't have picked a better hotel with a better location. The Grove and the Farmers market are across the street, Park La brea is a few blocks away. When I needed some guidance on where to look for apartments Manu the AMAZING front desk employee gave me a list of places to check out and even gave me her number if I needed any guidance. I am a super clean freak and this hotel is EXTREMELY clean. Like Four Seasons clean. I got it late and they gave me a water bottle. They always have free refreshments in the front desk. The hop on hop off bus stops in front of the hotel at the Grove. I cant recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hi, and thank you for the words. Manu is an amazing asset and we are lucky to have her.

Clean oh yes, we go all out for the super clean. We set the bar super high and thank you for pointing that out. I will share this with our Housekeepers right away and thank them for creating such a great experience for you..

Safe travels and next time you around please stop in and say hello.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I loved this hotel. It is motel style but with a five star cheeky and cool design upgrade. The rooms are fantastic - really large and well equipped. Comfy superking bed etc. The lounge and bar areas are semi-outdoors. The staff are friendly and helpful including the valet parking. The breakfast was huge and really good. It is just across the road from the farmer's market, a great mall and cinema. Very central location for Hollywood etc. I got a good deal for three nights. The pool is small and doesn't get much sun but if you want to sunbathe stay on the coast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ian, your review put a smile on my face for sure. I have printed it out and it will be posted to be shared with the whole staff.
It is really about the bed isn't it, at the end of a long day or evening one wants to come back to the room and not worry about being in back pain in the morning...

Safe travels... As always we look forward to your return.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My sister and I spent two nights here and really enjoyed it. It was so adorable. The beds were comfortable, the food was great, staff was pretty good. Clean, and had everything we needed.
There were only two negatives:
1. When I signed up for this online they offered a breakfast at $15.00pp. I purchased two assuming that it was a deal. It was a ripoff because their most expensive dish with coffee doesn't even equal that amount. That was annoying and deceiving. I still don't see the point.
2. The bath was stopped up. Not a big deal but taking a shower was tricky near the end.
The valet parking was good and we really enjoyed the complimentary sweet potato smoothies we received at checkin. Yum.

Hi Rebecca...

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very appreciated. We share with the staff and it gives us a chance to improve on items that got over looked or changed.

On my list of things to look into today is the breakfast item issue you pointed out.

I do trust that your bath issue was taken care of write away, if not please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me directly.

Safe travel as always...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012. We picked it because of the location and because we bought a voucher on Plum District. I honestly would not have noticed it without the voucher even though I have been to the Farmers Marker and the Grove while in LA in the past.

First the location is AMAZING. You can walk 1/2 block (about 300-400 feet) to the most amazing outdoor food bazaar in LA and the fanciest shopping center (The Grove). Amazing! Also within 1/2 block is a Traders Joe's market where you can get food. A Whole Foods market and CVS is about a block away. So there is a ton to walk to! Also closeby is museum row and Griffith Park.

As for the hotel, its hip, small and modern. We loved the small pool with the jumbo rubber duckies and the ping pong table. The room was small- bathroom very tiny! But we weren't there to hang out in our hotel so that was fine. The best thing about the room was the hardwood (fake) floor- no worries about gross carpet!

I took one star off for the noise from the restaurant patrons late at night. Our first night there there was an extremely loud party drinking well past 10pm. Because the outdoor restaurant patio is visible from the surrounding hotel rooms, the noise also travels. This group was super loud- playing some sort of drinking game I suppose.

My other complaint is the excessive display of sexually charged mottos such as "do it at the daughter" and "she's not the same girl you used to know..." I don't think most people were there on their honeymoons or romatic getaways (we weren't) and I just think this is a bit much and not needed since the overall hip farming theme is so well executed.

The best recommendation for a hotel is to say I can't wait to go back! And I can for this place! Hope to get back in a few months.

Room Tip: request one as far out of the path of noise travel of the outdoor restaurant patio as possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review.

Carpet is gross, you just never really know at the end of the day. When we put this in 10 years ago everyone in the hotel business and design business was voicing an opion that this would not go over well. They said CARPET is the standard and what people expect. Well we are not ones to always go down that normal path and for the reasons you pointed out we made the choice to go with planks..

That group was from CBS Television City ( across the street from us ), they come over once a week. Yes we that night I do recall us having to ask them a couple of times to tone it down a bit.

Yup, no doubt about it. We have many double meaning - figure it out for yourself expression. It is purposeful. You see when we first purchased the property back in 1997 is was a DUMP and catered to creatures of the night.
When were designing the new look, theme, business plan and where to take her we did not want to forget where she was. So we put little sayings like that around that are both funny and can mean anything you want them too.
There is also a bit of truth in " She is not the same girl you use to know" :)

Safe travels and thank you again for staying with us.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a funky little motel style hotel in Los Angeles. We were offered cookies upon arrival by the very friendly desk staff. Made us feel relaxed at once.

Downside was the staff member was not very helpful in assisting us with some ways of getting to the theme parks by shuttle buses however they always endeavoured to do their best for us.

The pool is small and nothing to rave about but the decor is funky and they sell merchandise for the hotel. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Really comfy beds and a good nights rest can be had here.

There is a restaurant/cafe attached to the hotel called 'Tart' - great food and fantastic value for money. They will even deliver to your room if you need. It seems to be a hot spot for the rich and famous as the night we arrived they were shooting scenes for a movie in the cafe area, another day we had lunch next to cee lo green and another day they filmed for a reality show in Tart again. So much action going on!

Location is great, right across the road from the Farmers Markets (a MUST for great food and shopping). 10 Minute drive to Hollywood walk of fame and Beverly Hills - however this is good as LA is very big and everything is spread out. The hotel also offers free bike rental for its guests and the bikes seem to be in great quality.

The price was extremely reasonable and great value for money. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends