“One of the best ... at LAX”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #52 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best ... at LAX”
Reviewed November 22, 2006

We stayed here for one night on our way to Hawaii.

The hotel offered a park/fly package which was excellent value - one night's stay, and seven nights parking. By shopping around we found this for a bargain $135 plus tax.

The room had a great view across the airport and was perfectly adequate for our needs. It had Westin's Heavenly beds (very comfortable) and the Westin Heavenly Shower.

The shuttle to LAX runs every 20 minutes, and takes under 10 minutes into the airport. If you miss it though, get the Thrifty car rental shuttle - it's right next door to the hotel!

• Liked — proximity to LAX
  • Tips/Secrets — if you miss the shuttle, or it's full, get the Thrifty Car Rental shuttle - it's right next door
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leesw8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed October 11, 2006

We stayed for one night in July after arriving from the UK having been travelling all day. The location was very convenient, within minutes of the airport car rental garage.
We thought that the parking was expensive (don’t they get their money from the room!), although it does seem to be a good price compared to other places in the area.
The room was okay (can’t say better than that) and likewise the pool – not very picturesque being surrounded by concrete walls.
Perhaps we were put off by being hot and very tired, and finding a large woodlice on the bed when we arrived! But apart from this, for one night it was okay.

• Liked — Location - easy from airport
  • Disliked — Room; Pool
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank andym430
The Netherlands
Reviewed October 1, 2006

We arrived really late and tired on Saturday-evening at 2030hrs in the hotellobby with the quick bus (from LAX only 10 minits).

Check in was really quick and comfortable. They had a big party in the lobby, but we were too tired to attend. I was a bit afraid that the noise would carry through the whole hotel, but as soon as we were in the elevators, we could not hear a thing from the (loud) music! Within 3 minits we were in our room. The room was very clean and spacious. We fell asleep immediately in the nice and soft beds, without having any trouble from the nearby airport or the music in the lobby.

The next morning I noticed that we had no robes end the safe wasn't working. Because I wanted to have some more information about the parking in the hotel, I walked to the guest-service. I first explained about the robes, they immediately took care of that. Within a few minits my grilfriend had a roommaid at the door, bringing us 2 nice robes and the apologies that they were not there. The safe problem was taken care of by giving me the possibility to put the passports and tickets in a safe-deposit at frontdesk. No extra charges for that.

Guest service took all the time to explain about the parking ($15 a day, which is a normal price in LAX area I understand), and the entree of the parking garage was directly at the lobby, so it was easy in and out in the hotel/parking.

Friendly Raul was very helpfull to al my questions. He even gave me a map and pointed me out what the perfect route was to do some sightseeing on our own. We followed his intructions, and had a great time in LA!

The pre-booking price for a room was only $75 via our travel-agent, and that really was a bargain. Internet in the rooms was not free, but the lobby and the restaurant area had a perfect wifi-connection. And the lobby was so spacious that you could easily find a nice and perfect spot for some internet-activities.

So if you are looking for a good, clean, spacious hotelroom, Westin LAX is a right choice!

• Liked — Perfect service, perfect price
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask Guest Service (Raul!) for a nice trip around LA
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lucas5915
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 26, 2006

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and its one of the better one's at LAX. First off you don't notice the planes as much because there is less traffic at their end of the airport, which is a HUGE plus in my book. My room featured the typical outstanding Westin bed. My only two complaints would be the carpet is starting to show its wear and my room was the absolute furthest from the elevator. The bathroom was fine, towels and all. Parking is $15 a day in a garage. The hotel also has easy access to all the freeways in the area.

• Liked — The location was excellent
  • Disliked — Needs new carpeting
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't pay their rate, bid on it below $100 on several different travel sites
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
Carmel, IN
Reviewed September 16, 2006

drawbacks:

Yes it is close to LAX but it is still pretty loud
Carpeting needs cleaning or replaced
Towels not up to Westin standards i.e. small, various sizes etc

The good news:

BIG rooms
comfortable beds (no bedbugs, I checked) also I called prior to coming; they said Orkin had cured the problem
staff very friendly and helpful
food was excellent

overall while not up to Westin standards, still nice for the $79 Priceline price I paid

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank scalderon
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2006

Quick overnight before an LAX-NRT flight. I'm SPG Gold, and the separate SPG Gold/Plat check-in area wowed me... no line to check in, free Starbucks and newspapers in the morning, and free internet access and printer. Finally... perks for my travel that mean something.

Restaurant was acceptable, they happily changed sauces for me on a dish. Bellstand guys were helpful with a couple of minor queries. Gift shop, though, cost them points in my book: four 24cent stamps for $1.49??? I know they outsource these operations, but you can't just abdicate your responsibility- pls fix this.

Have stayed at multiple LAX hotels, and this ranks next to the Renaissance Montura for overall niceness. (BTW: Had read the other reviews... my 10th floor room was clean and fresh, no bed bugs!)

• Liked — Westin heavenly bed; good staff
  • Disliked — not the most picturesque neighborhood...
  • Tips/Secrets — plan on eating in the hotel... only a taco bell nearby...
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Chauncey_Gardiner
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed at the Westin LAX after returning from a 10-day trip to the Far East. We just needed a hotel near the airport before catching our flight home the next morning, so booked this one on Priceline for about $100.

I guess the best way to describe the hotel is "bland." The lobby area is nice, and the rooms have the great Westin "heavenly" beds and bath, but that's about it. They seemed very drab and a bit aged.

As airport hotels go, it wasn't too bad, though (but room service sure seemed expensive after our cheap experiences in Asia). We just needed a place to bed down for the night, so we could have saved some cash and stayed at the La Quinta or Holiday Inn. So the hotel is somewhat in-between. If you want a luxurious stay, this isn't the place -- you'd probably be better off at the Sheraton or Hilton, and as a value hotel, it's definitely not that either.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Room ambiance
  • Tips/Secrets — I wouldn't pay more than $100 for this place