“Perfect service, perfect price”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #53 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
The Netherlands
“Perfect service, perfect price”
Reviewed October 1, 2006

We arrived really late and tired on Saturday-evening at 2030hrs in the hotellobby with the quick bus (from LAX only 10 minits).

Check in was really quick and comfortable. They had a big party in the lobby, but we were too tired to attend. I was a bit afraid that the noise would carry through the whole hotel, but as soon as we were in the elevators, we could not hear a thing from the (loud) music! Within 3 minits we were in our room. The room was very clean and spacious. We fell asleep immediately in the nice and soft beds, without having any trouble from the nearby airport or the music in the lobby.

The next morning I noticed that we had no robes end the safe wasn't working. Because I wanted to have some more information about the parking in the hotel, I walked to the guest-service. I first explained about the robes, they immediately took care of that. Within a few minits my grilfriend had a roommaid at the door, bringing us 2 nice robes and the apologies that they were not there. The safe problem was taken care of by giving me the possibility to put the passports and tickets in a safe-deposit at frontdesk. No extra charges for that.

Guest service took all the time to explain about the parking ($15 a day, which is a normal price in LAX area I understand), and the entree of the parking garage was directly at the lobby, so it was easy in and out in the hotel/parking.

Friendly Raul was very helpfull to al my questions. He even gave me a map and pointed me out what the perfect route was to do some sightseeing on our own. We followed his intructions, and had a great time in LA!

The pre-booking price for a room was only $75 via our travel-agent, and that really was a bargain. Internet in the rooms was not free, but the lobby and the restaurant area had a perfect wifi-connection. And the lobby was so spacious that you could easily find a nice and perfect spot for some internet-activities.

So if you are looking for a good, clean, spacious hotelroom, Westin LAX is a right choice!

• Liked — Perfect service, perfect price
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask Guest Service (Raul!) for a nice trip around LA
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lucas5915

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 26, 2006

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and its one of the better one's at LAX. First off you don't notice the planes as much because there is less traffic at their end of the airport, which is a HUGE plus in my book. My room featured the typical outstanding Westin bed. My only two complaints would be the carpet is starting to show its wear and my room was the absolute furthest from the elevator. The bathroom was fine, towels and all. Parking is $15 a day in a garage. The hotel also has easy access to all the freeways in the area.

• Liked — The location was excellent
  • Disliked — Needs new carpeting
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't pay their rate, bid on it below $100 on several different travel sites
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
Carmel, IN
Reviewed September 16, 2006

drawbacks:

Yes it is close to LAX but it is still pretty loud
Carpeting needs cleaning or replaced
Towels not up to Westin standards i.e. small, various sizes etc

The good news:

BIG rooms
comfortable beds (no bedbugs, I checked) also I called prior to coming; they said Orkin had cured the problem
staff very friendly and helpful
food was excellent

overall while not up to Westin standards, still nice for the $79 Priceline price I paid

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank scalderon
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2006

Quick overnight before an LAX-NRT flight. I'm SPG Gold, and the separate SPG Gold/Plat check-in area wowed me... no line to check in, free Starbucks and newspapers in the morning, and free internet access and printer. Finally... perks for my travel that mean something.

Restaurant was acceptable, they happily changed sauces for me on a dish. Bellstand guys were helpful with a couple of minor queries. Gift shop, though, cost them points in my book: four 24cent stamps for $1.49??? I know they outsource these operations, but you can't just abdicate your responsibility- pls fix this.

Have stayed at multiple LAX hotels, and this ranks next to the Renaissance Montura for overall niceness. (BTW: Had read the other reviews... my 10th floor room was clean and fresh, no bed bugs!)

• Liked — Westin heavenly bed; good staff
  • Disliked — not the most picturesque neighborhood...
  • Tips/Secrets — plan on eating in the hotel... only a taco bell nearby...
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Chauncey_Gardiner
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed at the Westin LAX after returning from a 10-day trip to the Far East. We just needed a hotel near the airport before catching our flight home the next morning, so booked this one on Priceline for about $100.

I guess the best way to describe the hotel is "bland." The lobby area is nice, and the rooms have the great Westin "heavenly" beds and bath, but that's about it. They seemed very drab and a bit aged.

As airport hotels go, it wasn't too bad, though (but room service sure seemed expensive after our cheap experiences in Asia). We just needed a place to bed down for the night, so we could have saved some cash and stayed at the La Quinta or Holiday Inn. So the hotel is somewhat in-between. If you want a luxurious stay, this isn't the place -- you'd probably be better off at the Sheraton or Hilton, and as a value hotel, it's definitely not that either.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Room ambiance
  • Tips/Secrets — I wouldn't pay more than $100 for this place
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DallasGlobeTrotter
Boise, ID
Reviewed September 6, 2006

We had a good experience at this hotel. We got a great deal and had a nice room with a big king bed that was soooo comfy. Room was very clean and I thought seemed updated. I do have a couple gripes though, which I think are typical for LA in general. We had to pay $15/day for parking, and $10/day if you want high-speed internet. Again, probably typical but something to expect. Also...it's RIGHT by the airport so some of the planes are really loud...but we were used to it after the first night and slept through it no problem.

Stayed August 2006
Sebastopol, CA
Reviewed September 1, 2006

I am surprised to see that other reviewers had bed bugs at the Westin LAX. My daughter and I met up for a special event in Los Angeles, and our double bedded room was very spacious and clean. The Heavenly Bed was extremely comfortable. I often find it hard to sleep the first night in a hotel, just because I'm not in my own bed, but this was an exception. The feather pillows were really luxurious. The in room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and REAL half and half, not the powdered creamer one often finds, was a plus. The room was very quiet and the room darkening drapes were a plus. The shower was excellent and the towels were fluffy.

My only "complaint" is that this is not a great location, but I did know in advance that this was going to be near LAX and I chose it because I needed a shuttle from the airport, which by the way was readily available and just fine. One plus was that I made an online request for an early check in because my flight arrived late morning. This was honored graciously without me even having to ask about it at the front desk. The front desk staff and bartenders in the bar were all friendly and efficient. One quick meal at the restaurant was certainly good enough, and the waitstaff was courteous and friendly though a bit slow.

We paid $109 a night (AAA rate) plus $15 a day for parking.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, linens and pillows!
  • Disliked — Thbe views.
  • Stayed August 2006