I just made my reservation over the phone for a stay for myself and my wife at the Westin LA Airport. I would have done this online but I wanted to make sure my one night stay with Starwood points could be made along with one paid night.
After I made the reservation, I checked my reservation confirmation email. The night with points was correct, but the reservation for the paid night was only for only one guest and the agent had also misspelled my name, so my SPG number wasn't entered.
I sent Westin an email to get these errors corrected. They corrected my name and SPG number, but were unwilling to change the reservation to apply for two guests, because their change policies do not allow them to change a reservation with a non-changeable rate, even though they made the error. In the same email they referred to me as a "valued customer". They made it clear that I am not.
Think twice about staying at a Starwood property. Obviously, even valued customers don't matter to them. I will be switching back to Hyatt / Hilton after this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, just four blocks from Los Angeles International Airport, offers easy access to major corporations, marvelous shopping, sunny beaches and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin
- Westin Lax
- Westin Los Angeles Airport