“Great for a stop over”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #55 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and our two kids (6 and 4) stayed at the Westin LAX earlier this month for a 1 day stop over on our way from Sydney to Orlando. Although the Hotel is now dated, it was fine for our purposes, which was a stopover. The restaurant is good for families and getting from and to the Airport on the free shuttle is painless.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,556)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you need a room for a very short stay this hotel is for you. BUT I was there for a five day conference and it got old very fast.

The Hotel: My first impression was marginal. The lobby was stylish, but the carpet looked to be in bad shape. One I got to my room, my disposition changed for the better. The room was in decent shape and looks to have been upgraded recently. I had a north view which wasn't that pretty but was not heated by the afternoon sun. Even though close to the airport, did not hear any distracting sound.

The Daily Grill is outstanding...that will get a separate positive Yelp review. Not a "hotel" restaurant but independent but connected. It give the best of both worlds...convenient location, but good value and food quality. YUM!!

The parking situation was really bad....we prepaid for some of our special guests, but it was a hassle trying to figure out the system. Lot was very full. Make sure you understand how to get in and out of the lot.

Shuttle: One to LAX and Hotel is standard...
Shuttle: to beach area is nice
BUT that is ALL they do: We had a conference of 80-100 people and the would NOT take us to any other place! DISAPPOINTING!!!

The Area: Not much to do around the hotel. Not very many decent eateries in the area. No entertainment venues walking distance.

Room Tip: If you like a better airport view, choose a south room. If you like a cool room, choose north
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TahmiJoh
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had no problems with check in. Upon arriving at our room, we realized we had not 1 king as thought but rather two full beds. The beds were comfy & we didn't hear the dog place others have mentioned. Our room service came when promised & our order was correct. The biggest issue I have is the 1/2inch collection of dust caked on the fan on the shower wall. The rest of the room was so clean, but that dust ball just ruined it for me personally.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times when I have an early flight out of LAX - I live in Orange County. The location is 5 minutes from the airport and they have a complimentary shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes or so. The beds are comfortable. The service is always very good, not excellent, but very good. I did once fail to get a wake-up call for a very early flight - that was not good. But most of the time the service leaves nothing to be desired. The hotel is just a little tired - probably due for a facelift soon. But, really, if you need a hotel close to LAX this is your very best bet!! Nice lobby bar! And, the restaurant in the lobby - The Daily Grill is excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - can be a little noisy if they face Century Blvd.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bobbi P
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have stayed at the Westin LAX numerous times before embarking on international travel. I think they have the best accommodations by the airport. Rooms are spacious, well-appointed with comfortable bed(s). The last time I stayed I took our small dog, which they allowed. As an SPG gold rewards member, I was afforded a late check-out, which can be helpful if you have a later flight. Room service was disappointing. When we ordered a filet of beef, we were told they were out of it. Since the restaurant, The Daily Grill, is a steakhouse, I said surely there were other steaks available. The room service operator said she would check, but after not hearing back from her, I called again. I was told they had a filet but it was larger and would cost more. When I countered that they should offer it at the price listed on the room service menu as it was their fault they did not have the other in stock. They finally agreed. The steak and accompanying asparagus were well-prepared. My Cobb salad was missing the two of the listed components. They did bring me a whole new salad which was not necessary; I only needed the missing items. In the past, I have had better luck when eating in the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hello DawnStarr,

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you always stay with us before your international flights, as it is truly our pleasure to serve you.

With that being said, we hope you will accept our deepest apologies for your experience with the Daily Grill. Rest assured your concerns have been addressed and shared with the team for further investigation and corrective actions.

Thank you again for your honest review. We look forward to your many return visits!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This property below what most SPGs are used to but works well for a 1 nighter before domestic/international flights.

Good

airport shuttle super convenient
upgraded to junior suite
front desk

Bad

room/furniture beat up
food trays all over the place/sat on weekend for more than 12 hrs
gift shop ridiculous prices (eg 3oz tube of toothpaste $9)
located in a wasteland of parking garages, cut rate rental car facilities and LAX admin buildings

Management could easily improve this Westin by opening SPG lounge on weekends, have at least one (1) employee patrol halls on weekends picking up trays (say once every 6 hrs); take back ownership of gift shop(currently contracted) as a service to guests as opposed to a tourist trap .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello tigerfoods,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review. We are truly sorry to learn your experience was below your expectations, and we do apologize for any inconvenience we caused you during your stay. Rest assured that your suggestions for improvement will be shared with the Executive Team for follow up and evaluation.

Please do let us know when your travels take you back to Los Angeles; it would truly be our pleasure to see you back again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Checked in., ok.. You can tell this is a quick stop as travelers pass through, certainly not up to Westin standards. Just by service alone ..you feel that they don't welcome platinum SPG members .. No upgrades not nice about it either.. Felt like they gave me one of the worst rooms, thought they would have saved a room for platinum members..
Room is ok. Convenient to airport is only plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello Danielle O,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. We hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had while staying with us. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at The Westin Los Angeles Airport and strive to provide our guests with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience they deserve.

We hope if you return to Los Angeles you will give us another chance.