The Westin Los Angeles Airport
$324
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
$216
$203
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$575
$171
$167
Travelocity
3,666 results
All reviewsdaily grill restaurantheavenly bedcentury blvdtaco bellstarbucks coffeemanhattan beachan early flightself parkingshuttle servicefree shuttlerental carthe club loungeper daysanta monicalobbyrunwayconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a hotel adjacent to LAX. It is a hotel used by people who need to get some sleep while they are in between flights. To test a fire alarm for more than one hour is wrong and all potential customers should be told of this before they book a stay.

2  Thank eaglesclaw121
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed at this Westin before and wrote a very good review. I stayed at this property this week and have a whole new view of the hotel. It has gone way down.

I arrived around 10:30 one night, checked in, went to my room. About 20 minutes later I heard someone trying to get into the room with a key. Without thinking I opened the door and there was a man standing there. He seemed as startled as I was. We both had been given the same room, the same room number was written on both key envelopes. He went back to the desk to get a new room and I called down to the manager to find out how this could happen. He called me back later and said it was being "investigated", and offered me a complimentary breakfast in the Grille (overpriced ) restaurant. I asked if I needed a voucher he said no, a $25.00 credit would be applied to my account for the breakfast (OJ is $5.00).

The next morning as I was heading for breakfast something caused me to go to the desk to make sure the credit had been applied to my account before eating. The desk agent could not find a credit applied to my account. He went in the back and spoke to the manager on duty. After waiting about 10 minutes he came out and said there was no record of the credit. I asked to see the on duty manager, and when he came out, surprise, he had found the $25.00 credit. Good try guys. If I had not stopped to check the amount would have been added to my bill, and as I was running to catch the shuttle later I would not have had time to wait for them to "discover" the credit, and not only save the $25.00 they would have made the price of my breakfast. If I had just walked away from the desk agent and not asked to see the on duty manager they would have saved the $25.00.

It is a shame that they worked to save the $25.00 and instead receive a bad review.

I would also be concerned by the lack of security by giving keys to different people.

This hotel has some serious problems which need to be addressed for security and customer service. There are lots of hotels around LAX, give this one a miss and go to another. The internet did not work in the room.

It did have a coffee maker in the room, with liquid creamer and not powdered which is a big plus in a review by me. However, when I opened the "liquid" creamer it was so old that it had solidified. Disgusting.

Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
2  Thank TonyBur
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello TonyBur,

Thank you for providing comments from your recent stay. We truly value feedback from our guests as it is our goal to give the personal, instinctive and renewing experience they deserve. Needless to say, we are extremely disappointed to learn of the troubles you faced during your stay. Our guest’s safety and security is our upmost priority and we hope you will accept our heartfelt apologies for the experiences you encountered. Please know your feedback has been shared with the management team to ensure this type of situation does not repeat itself.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having an opportunity to exceed your expectations again in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

As far as Westin properties go, this is a surprisingly good bargain. It is a fairly old building as others have noticed, but the hotel is clean and accommodating overall.

Rooms are spacious, but if you are bothered by jet noise, you definitely do not want a room on the south side of the hotel, or any room number that is 50 and higher, as these are on the south side and facing LAX. You are literally right on top of the airport. This did not trouble me too much since I used a white noise app on my phone and slept pretty well. I had a problem with hot water in my shower, as it seemed the first 5 minutes of any shower usage would run out of hot water, but turning the water off and back on after a brief wait resolved the problem. I've never had this sort of experience with hotel hot water.

The fitness center is fairly standard for a Westin and includes dumbbells up to 50 lbs., benches and cable machines, as well as the standard compliment of cardio machines. I wish the hotel would offer more attachments for the cable machines, but I suspect they fear that people will steal the attachments if they are removable. Sad, but I'm sure it's true.

Biggest surprise of the Westin LAX: The Daily Grill. I had three meals in this restaurant, a breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was a bit overpriced, but still very good. There are not many good choices for meals within walking distance of the hotel, but you are safe going with Daily Grill as long as you don't mind the price.

The Westin's staff was extremely helpful and courteous, providing me with extra bottled water upon request. I still have yet to be recognized as SPG Gold when I've checked in at any Starwood property recently, which doesn't bother me, but I am asked about it during surveys, so it must be important at some corporate level. Regardless, the staff is great and what I expect to find at a Westin.

Highs: price, room size, bed (standard Heavenly bed), bathroom size, reliable and fast internet service, Daily Grill
Lows: inconsistent hot water, jet noise, lack of dining options nearby, poor location relative to Los Angeles but great for those needing proximity to LAX

Room Tip: Room numbers over 50 (e.g. x50, x70, etc.) will face LAX and have the most jet noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello phiNole,

We thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Other travelers are sure to find your comments and information extremely helpful! It is delighting to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Nothing warms our hearts more than to learn that our staff provided you with helpful and courteous service.

It is truly our pleasure to ensure that you well cared for during your time in Los Angeles. We look forward to serving you again.

Remain Well,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was lured into this hotel by a four star rating and low nightly costs. Yes it was a nice hotel but it is, in my opinion, a cheap shot when hotels get you in the door then charge extra for internet and parking. In the end, this place was no bargain. To add insult on injury, I was assigned a room that was next to the flight path of arriving airlines.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mrob1515

Hello mrob1515,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Los Angeles Airport on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are saddened to hear that you were disappointed with our parking and internet rates. We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you decide to return to Los Angeles, it would truly be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Not what I expected from Westin hotels... poor customer service, front desk staff and valet... the shower had low water pressure and no hot water, maintenance came up twice but still no resolution.... the room/bed was not very clean.... the only plus - king suite was spacious and the bell men was accommodating....

1  Thank ganda007

Hello 901ganda,

We appreciate you sharing your honest feedback with us. It is disappointing to hear that you experienced troubles with your Heavenly shower. We do apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. It is truly our desire for each guest to leave feeling better than when they arrived.

We do hope to have an opportunity to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience you truly deserve.