“Had to wash my hair in the sink”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for the convenience (flying in/out of LAX, meetings in Culver City the next day) and wound up regretting it. When I first walked into the room it looked like a crime had taken place - every single lampshade was askew. While this isn't a cleanliness or functionality issue, it should have been a clue that things weren't that well maintained. Same with the bedside lamp having a burned out bulb.

The kicker was this morning. I went to take a shower, only to find that the water pressure was about 20% of normal and not enough to make the shower work. So for the sake of time I washed my hair in the bathroom sink. At a Westin. Inexcusable.

Front desk was apologetic and put extra points into my Starwood account, but really I would have preferred to take a shower.

Room Tip: Check the shower BEFORE you go to sleep for the night!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello JulieInSeattle,

We appreciate you providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience during your time with us. It is truly our desire that each of our guests leave The Westin Los Angeles Airport feeling better than they did when they arrived.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again as we definitely missed the mark during your recent stay.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Los Angeles Airport

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed just for transit.
This hotel is more than I epected.
-Close to LAX-AP
-Nice restaurant
-easy acces to LAX-AP via shuttle bus
-Clean room
-Acceptable room rate

I will stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Hello MangoWaffle,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear we are able to provide you with a convenient place to rest and renew.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Arriving in the states always feels good to me, especially the time that we arrived at this LAX hotel. The hotel is big, luxurious and has a nice pool on the roof. All you need when you arrive after a 13 hour flight! Don't expect anything from the neighborhood, when walking around it felt like a little ghetto. Go back into your room and enjoy the 20 pillows on you king size and have another dive in the lovely pool while watching the birds and the big birds flying over!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vincent T
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello Vincent T,

We couldn’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. It excites us to read that we provided you with a place to relax and rejuvenate after a 13 hour flight!

Please do let us know when your travels bring you back our way.

Be Well,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wrote a review on this Westin Location sometime ago. I thought I will not come back again. However as it was booked by my client, I gave it another try.

The front desk was helpful this time and gave me the club floor when asked for a quite room. These are rooms facing the city instead of directly facing the runway.

The room was well clean and their heavenly bed was there as expected. As I stayed there for a night, I could not review much.

There is one thing that stick out as a sore thumb - the bathroom does not have glasses but throwaway plastic cups. I did not notice if the cups in the room are also paper as I drank directly from their complimentary bottled water.

Overall, I may stay here again - maybe for one or two days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport if you do not want to be woken up by aircraft taking off in the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello TiaLim,

We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you for a second time. We are thrilled to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and that you will be joining us again when your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Due to airline negligence, our direct flight to Kauai was delayed by way of Los Angeles...this obviously colors my view of the hotel, since I should have been on Kauai at that point, not at a hotel near LAX. Having said that, I don't think this Westin meets the typical standards for a Westin. The staff was very nice and friendly, and the hotel was clean, but it could definitely use a little TLC in the rooms...a little on the shabby side. Attempts to upgrade the bathroom were evident (as in, they hadn't taken the time to plaster over holes, or use touch up paint after upgrades were added). The location is obviously well-suited for catching a flight, but I can't imagine staying here for any other reason.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello bobbi222,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a place to rest and relax while you waited for your flight to Kauai.

We look forwarding to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for business, over all it was a good hotel. Pros: very nice staff, easy access to the airport, plenty of parking spaces, comfortable beds. Cons, more cons than pros in this case. Without the Westin brand, this hotel is actually pretty nice, but consider it's a Westin, standard should be higher. The hotel rooms really need updates, the towels are very old and hard. Plastic cups are more suitable for cheaper hotels. Parking was expensive, but that seem to be the norm for these airport hotels. Overall, I would recommend the hotel pays more attention to details,otherwise, decent place to stay if you need to be close to LAX.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing opposite to airport runway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello MaxCat888,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are saddened to learn your experience here was below your expectations. We do apologize for any inconvenience and will be sure to share your comments with the applicable manager.

We hope you will let us know if your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We arrived in Los Angeles after a 13 hour flight from Brisbane Australia. Got to the hotel at 8am. All we wanted to do was take a shower and change our clothes. Thinking we may not be able to check in for a few hours we were quite surprised our room was ready for us. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and luxurious. Very close to the airport . Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Belinda J,

We are so excited to read of your experience staying with us. Nothing warms our hearts more than to learn that we have provided our guests with the Heavenly experience they deserve.

Please do let us know the next time your travels bring you our way.