“Great Starwood Floor for an Airport Hotel”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #54 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Starwood Floor for an Airport Hotel”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first stay at this property and I generally HATE airport properties. They are usually run down and disgusting but I had an early flight and didn’t want to deal with getting to the airport the next day. I checked in and had a room on a Starwood preferred floor. The couch and all of the room fixtures looked practically new. The dreaded in room sofa looked comfy and very clean. The bed was wonderful as a Westin heavenly bed should be. The bathroom was large and well maintained. As far as airport properties go this was ok in my book. I would stay here again if I needed to stay at LAX for an early flight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello TravelinLeather,

We appreciate you sharing such kind words regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to read you enjoyed your time with us and will return the next time you are in the area.

We truly look forward to serving you again.

Remain Well,

Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hubby & I stayed two nights at the Westin LAX, one night before & one night after our cruise from Long Beach.

The hotel is large, clean & fresh.
The standard rooms have a great little coffee machine that is very easy to use & makes great coffee all supplied by the hotel.
The little leaf shape bars of soap in the bathroom smelt really nice & fresh.
Our room on both occasions had a great but quiet view of LAX runway.

The only negative point about this hotel happened at the hotel bar. We went downstairs to the hotel bar to have a pint or two & use the hotel Wifi.
As the bar lady brought our drinks to our table my hubby tipped her in cash, when we went to settle the bill due to tipping in cash on numerous occasions we didn't add a tip the final bill, anyway we decided to check the bill just before we checked out the next day & discovered there was an additional $4 added to the drinks bill. We approached reception about this before check out & the lady behind reception said she agreed it was wrong the fact the bar staff had added their own tip without our permission but there was nothing she could do about it!
I find this policy quite poor! I know $4 is not a large amount but it's the principal of it!

Other that that this hotel was great, the fact they run a FREE shuttle from LAX to the hotel is a bonus. The hotel even helped with arranging our transport to & from Long Beach Cruise Terminal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sjslew,

Thank you for sharing such kind words from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read you had a great stay with us before and after your cruise.

Also, thank you for sharing the service you encountered at the bar in our hotel. The Daily Grill would like to contact you directly for more information. Would you mind sending your contact information? We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience and hope to resolve this situation immediately!

Phoenix
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was so nice checking in and out. The hotel was nice clean and quite. Our guest found the hotel with no problem. Great friendly staff. Need help with directions they are so helpful. Very close to the airport with free shuttle service. Checking in early and checking out late was no problem. Love the nice soft beds you will not want to get out of bed. Enjoy your stay like I did.

• Stayed May 2013
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hello Aebutterfly,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our signature Heavenly bed! It is delightful to know we were able to provide you with the personal and quality service you deserve.

We hope your travels bring you back our way soon!

Be Well,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I need to copy what someone else said here mainly because I thought the same thing, "very nice for a holiday inn"...although, the Holiday Inn's I hear are pretty nice these days....

I'm finishing the tail end of a vacation including 2 Westin's, a Sheraton, then this one. I was going to choose the Four Points, as most of them are new, but the Westin wasn't too much more, and I assumed most big city Westin's were spectacular. Not this one.

I know I'm not overreacting, as the check out desk(who was very nice and apologetic), said that my complaints weren't the first time she heard them.

The hotel clearly isn't up to Westin standards. While it's not completely updated, I expect clean and presentable.

Not sure where to start, but here is my list:
-Stains and dings all over the furniture
-"Human" drip marks on headboard
-Mold, dirt, whatever all over light switches and plates
-Hair in every which place of bathroom
-Human stains all over toilet seat(it clearly wasn't cleaned, as a few swipes of tissue cleaned it up
-SPG room, no complimentary water?
-No bath mat, but an extra towel
-Light wouldn't turn on(power cords and strip were pulled out as if someone started something and didn't finish)
-Dust nightmare..probably the worse I have seen it. If you lay in bed with one light on, you can see it all flying around just below the ceiling.
-Caulking peekling around tub and sink
-Dated and dingy tile in bathroom
-No Westin double showerheads

Completely unacceptable for a Westin. The fact that I was given 3,000 SPG points and validated $25 parking doesn't make up for this neglected hotel. I almost got the feeling that the owners of this location were about to sell the hotel and just gave up on basic maintenance and housekeeping. Typically, I would say to someone, "Well, what do you expect from an airport hotel for $120 a night"...to which my answer would be, "It's a Westin, I should expect it to be a Westin".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Mikelogan2,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are truly sorry to learn your experience here was below your expectations in a Westin brand hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience! We will be sure to share your comments with the applicable manager.

Please let us know if your travels take you back to Los Angeles. Thank you for staying at The Westin Los Angeles Airport.

Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The bathroom did not appear clean. My room was at the end of a long corridor near stairs, which would not be a good location for a female patron staying alone. The concierge desk was helpful with providing information on alternate types of transportation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello BeejayAtlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations. Though, we are glad to read that our Concierge Staff provided you with helpful information.

We hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am here visiting from San Diego and I am very pleased with the service I received. A young gentleman named Salvador greeted me at my door, informed me of my parking options and helped me with my bags. I was having a bad day but he made such a pleasant conversation. I asked him for directions because I want to visit Disneyland tomorrow and he was very specific. I was amazed at such stellar service provided by him. Next, the staff in the front desk inside the hotel seemed as if their number one priority was not to help the customer but at least I got key to my room quickly. So far I am pleased and excited to stay here for 3 days and 2 nights to celebrate my sons 5th birthday. I would definitely recommend their services. I will make sure to inform other websites of my great experience as well.

• Stayed July 2013
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello Ucsdgirl2009,

Thank you for sharing such kind words. We are delighted to hear that you received such great service during your time with us. The team will be thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Remain Well,

CA
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight before going on a trip. I was looking for a hotel with a free shuttle and this fit the bill. I also liked that it is a non-smoking hotel. This is a beautiful place, very quiet and serene, especially after a long day of travel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and welcoming. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kamyo
Hello kamyo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We're so delighted to hear your recent stay with us was quiet and serene.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Los Angeles Airport. We look forward to serving you again.