“Not so Westin”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed in other Westin and this is not to the standard, the room was good. Service could be improved. The Restaurant is only one and Don't do Bfast buffet or provide good enough menu for room service. I understand this is an airport hotel but the Westin Long beach is not that far and is way better

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello mytropicalheaven:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay. It is saddening to hear that your stay was not as you expected.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the Westin experience you deserve.

Guest Experience Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (3,584)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wanted to have a coffee in my room but out of milk and cups. Rang a number of times and was assured that milk/cream etc would be delivered. 1hr later went to lobby to see if I could collect myself and concierge rang again and assured me it was on the way. You guessed it..over 1hr later no service. Pathetic. It is not the glitz and words that count but the service that is delivered to the client. "customers are really everything 101" should be compulsory. Pretty ordinary. It is the small things that count. If you can't deliver don't raise expectations. Be honest and say it can't be done. Plenty more hotels in the area for my and my friends to use on our nests trips.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldlefty44

Hello oldlefty44,

Thank you for taking the time to provide Trip Advisor with your feedback from your recent experience here at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. We are terribly disappointed to hear of the challenges you faced during your stay. We hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration we have caused you. Rest assured we have shared this information with the applicable managers for corrections.

We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We always stay at the Westin when we are in LA around the airport. This hotel is nice with great service. I asked the guys to park my car in a good location and they put it in the VIP section and there was no extra cost. We always get a great night's sleep.

Room Tip: Shuttle from airport, I thing there is a charge.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Marcellus J:

We couldn’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. It excites us to read that we are your hotel of choice when you are in the LAX area. It is our goal to provide you with a renewing and relaxing experience.

It would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Be Well,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived early morning from Honolulu, and the reception staff were great. They allowed us to go straight up to our room for a well needed shower and change.
As an overnight stop on the way to UK, you couldnt pick any better, rooms food and staff all great.

Room Tip: Book early !
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello LAMB7520:

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We're so delighted to hear your recent stay with us was convenient and comfortable. We're also glad you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Los Angeles Airport. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

When you stay at a Westin, you are guaranteed to have a heavenly sleep, no exception here. We didn't want to get out of bed.

There's a Starbucks coffee machine, heavenly bath toiletries, fantastic rain shower (again heavenly), $5 new balance attire delivered to your room for a work out session at the gym is required, all to ensure a hassle free heavenly experience.

We did encounter a rowdy crowd chatting really loudly by the poolside at 1am. Our room was only a floor above and facing the pool so it interrupted our heavenly sleep for some 15mins and went away after. Thank you strict management who took action before we had to call.

Parking is available at a flat rate of $15 per day. You have unlimited re-entries with the parking ticket.

All else heavenly :)

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello tangylime:

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing this information with fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. We couldn’t be more thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so glad we were able to provide you with the heavenly experience you deserve.

We look forward to your return. It is our pleasure to serve you!

Remain Well,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I live in Los Angeles, but not by the airport. When I have to work in Culver City I stay at the Westin rather then fight 405 traffic. I have tried other hotels in the area, the Westin is the best. It is really meant for airport transition customers or people in town for a short time. Yes it is not the Westin Maui, but its not suppose to be. As a business traveler, I found it comfortable and the service is very good. My room was very comfortable with the bed you come to expect from a Westin. The Daily Grill or the lobby bar is a nice place to relax with fellow travelers or business people for a beer and watch the game. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hello thecolonel1215,

We couldn’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your feedback. It is delighting to read that you always stay at The Westin Los Angeles Airport when you are working in Culver City. It is truly our goal to make sure you receive the renewing and relaxing experience that you deserve.

We look forward to your return.

Be well,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm really saddened by my experience. Saddened because the staff was really kind - and I feel poorly calling out how utterly disappointing this property is.

Checkin: With nobody in front of me in the SPG Gold line, it took more than 15 minutes to be checked in. The agent was nice, but the process was painfully slow. I was asked if an "accessible" room was OK since that was "all that was available" on the SPG floor.

Room: Accessible has different definitions. I'm not sure what one this Westin uses. There was more room to maneuver, but the toilet was a standard height (not easy for transition from a wheelchair if that was needed), the sink and counter were a standard height (see above) and the tub was poorly oriented (controls outside the shower? why?). The showerhead was dirty, oh and since it was "accessible" that meant no Speakman head - heavenly shower doesn't exist. Water pressure was horrendous - at 5:30P. There was an odd refrigerator loosely left on the floor with nothing around it - black no less - which would be considered a safety hazard. The walls and finishes all showed significant wear and tear.

The most disturbing part - the toilet seat was not properly secured. This is inexusable and shows deep rooted neglect - housekeepers are theoretically cleaning this on a daily basis and don't think to report/fix? Someone who is disabled could be seriously hurt by the seat moving out from underneath them.

I'm also used to Westin providing SPG members at least 2 bottles of water in their room. There were no bottles of water.

I spoke with a manager about my issues and he had the toilet fixed. He also indicated water would be delivered. He offered me a meal, which I indicated would be helpful in the morning. The toilet was fixed, but I needed to call for water when I returned from dinner.

Gym: The equipment was well maintained, easily accessible. It would be nice to have bottles of water here, since

Room Service: I left my order on the door, and it was gone in the morning. My meal did not arrive on time. Before I started a conference call, I called to inquire as to the status and they couldn't find my order. They offered to waive the cost (too late, already done) and "expedite" my order - oatmeal, OJ and tea. My expedited order took 35 minutes to arrive.

Parking: The lot is well lit and has plentiful parking. Their card readers are a little temperamental, but work.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello PHXJeremy:

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are truly sorry to learn your experience here was below your expectations, and to hear about the troubles you encountered with your room. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we caused you during your stay. Rest assured your experience has been shared with the applicable management.

Please let us know when your travels take you back to Los Angeles as we would like to prevent these issues for your future stays.