“Great Suite”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a 10th floor suite with balcony overlooking the city. Very spacious, great view. Very much enjoyed dinner at the Grille as well. Staff was very accomodating. Close to airport.

If you're an SPG member this is the way to go, the suite upgrade was included as a frequent guest so can't beat the value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hello Steve B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Los Angeles Airport for your recent travels with family. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so pleased to know you found our staff to be accommodating and you very much enjoyed your stay here.

We look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Los Angeles Airport

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed 2 nights atWestin, Lax. I liked that they offered a free shuttle. I got an early checkin which was great as I had arrived on an early morning flight. The rooms were clean and spacious, the check-in staff, shuttle drivers and cleaning staff were very friendly. I did think the concierge wasn't up to their standards when requiring assistance. Internet very slow in rooms so I wouldn't bother next time. Overall a great stay and would happily reccomend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hello tinkitten75,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary airport shuttle and your overall stay.

We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wasn't planning to stay here but had to book quickly when I arrived in LA and found the closest 4star near the airport. I booked for two nights. I was shocked to see how busy this bar was on a Friday night. You'd think LAX would be a ghost town, but after catching a show in Hollywood, I came back to find it pretty busy. Megan, the bartender was really cool. She actually remembered my drink order and room number from the last time I visited. Impressive. I wasn't happy about the SLOW front desk people. My key didn't work, and so I came downstairs to get it re-programmed and waited there forever, with no acknowledgement that I had been standing there. It wasn't even very busy. They were just slow. The restaurant was really good. There is a nice little outdoor area where you can eat, and some good specials for Happy Hour. The rooms were great. I had a nice visit to the spa. Monica at Be Well spa was THE BEST. I called pretty late and she found someone to come early the next day to the hotel for a massage. Kudos to her. Customer service at its best. Starbucks coffee in the in-room coffee maker. My remote battery was dead, which didn't make me very happy...but I got over it. All in all, a decent stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Hello momof3atl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience staying with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with our complimentary in-room Starbucks coffee and great location just minutes from LAX.

Please accept our apologies for the unacceptable service from the Front Desk. Rest assured that we have shared your comments with the applicable managers for follow up and corrections.

We hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Westing Hotel is my first choice to stay at everytime I visit family in California and it's close to the airport. the people working there are very nice. I also like the fact that there is parking available everyday.

• Stayed: January 2013

Hello moc55555,

Thank you for sharing such kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will be thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with the service you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night to break the trip from Melbourne to Washington dc (2 adults, 6yo, 3yo).

When we initially turned up at 830am we were told there were no rooms available due to the night before being booked out and that check in would be clos to 3pm. However after grabbing a bite to eat and returning at 10am one was available which was a relief - I think perhaps there were some rooms available which they released because they felt sorry for us.

This is the fourth different LAX hotel we have stayed at and to be honest none are that different at a glance. Where the westin does stand out is it does have a good restaurant which was pretty good value and the room was quite big (traditional room with two double beds). The shower has a massive rain shower head which is nice (although does bring about feelings of guilt for using so much water) and my son and I really enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi after a long flight. The beds were also very comfortable.

All in all, a good lax hotel. The best one we have stayed at so far.

Stayed: March 2013

Hello goinghome04,

Thank you for giving us a great review. Your feedback is truly appreciated. We’re delighted to hear you found The Westin Los Angeles Airport to be the best LAX hotel you have stayed at.

We hope to welcome you back to Los Angeles soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here just a few days ago on business. My second stay at the property, but my first review.

Pros
------
-Fairly spacious, clean room
-Excellent staff
-"Rain" style shower head (I love these!)
-Decent parking garage setup with spaces seeming always available
-Quiet room

Cons
-------
-Expensive parking ($25 self park/$35 valet)
-Pricey WiFi options (did not purchase to test speed)

Overall I like this hotel. The rooms aren't as luxurious as the giant lobby would suggest, but they're plenty nice. No issues with staying here again in the future.

Also, be sure to check out the awesome fish/aquarium store right next door. Amazing stuff in there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hello Matt D,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note that we do offer complimentary internet access in our lobby.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Westin hotel and we absolutely loved it. The rooms were very lovely as was the rest of the hotel. We ordered room service and the food was awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Hello Pete1206,

Thank you for sharing such kind words on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear you absolutely loved your stay with us. It is truly our desire to provide you with the renewing experience that you deserve.

We look forward to serving you again!