“Nice one night stay”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #57 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out of LAX to go back to the east coast. The hotel lobby was clean and spacious, and check in went very smooth and quickly. I wasn't crazy about having to pay $25 to park, but i know some hotels charge even if you are a guest. Our room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the parking garage and the runway. Not really a quiet room at all, but i didnt expect much when buying on priceline. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not firm at all. They were really soft and i had to fold them in half to get any support. I LOVED the shower head in the bathroom. It was large and then had a seperate piece you could pull away and move around. There were many chain restaurants in the area to eat at. We weren't real interested in that so drove a few miles away to find something a little better. I would stay here again. Served its purpose for a one night stay before a flight.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the front of the building overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hello Kate185,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us.

When you return, please note that we have firm pillows available. You can indicate that you would like a firm pillow at the time you reserve the room - if you are booking directly with our central reservations department. Otherwise, you can notify us before your arrival or you can request the item with the Front Desk Agent during your check-in. We truly hope that you will join us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,611)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the Westin the week of the 11th of February, 2013 on the 8th floor. So, the good: The valet workers were polite and helpful. My room was good sized and clean with a very comfortable bed and large flat panel tv. I always bring my own toiletries, but the ones provided smelled nice. I opted for the green program where the room isn't cleaned daily but they provided clean towels and when they did clean, they cleaned well. I loved the shower-head and I always had hot water. The room was right across from the airport and I only heard the noise from the planes on one day (Amazing, since I could see them landing, close!). Oh and the lobby is nice and always active, which I liked except for the weekend when it was full of drunk, loud guests, but that's not the hotel's fault. It looked as if they had made some upgrades and they did a good job.
So, the not-so-good: One of the front desk staff was a bit condescending (forgot his name; Hispanic man, the only one at the desk during my stay), and I was in contact with him twice, so it wasn't a coincidence. The after-hours room service is very limited and not really that good. There are several places to eat surrounding the hotel, so you won't starve, but I didn't always want to go back out. And it would be nice if they had a true mini-fridge to store your own items and not just for items they sell. Otherwise, it was a decent stay for a decent price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Virtuouswon,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience with fellow travelers!

I am pleased to read you were kindly welcomed upon your arrival and enjoyed your room, especially our signature Heavenly Shower and Bed. However, I apologize that you did not receive the warm and friendly service from the front desk that we pride ourselves on here at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. Although the mini-bars in our guest rooms are fully stocked, we are more than happy to provide our guests with a complimentary refrigerator upon request if available.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Los Angeles.

Regards,
Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed February 26, 2013

In for a quick overnight, I frugally chose this hotel b/c it's right next door to the Fox Rental car (at which I had a reservation the following day), so I saved some serious cash on parking. (The prices for parking are VERY high here). My only criticism of the hotel itself is that the restaurant closes too early for a big international airport hotel; that said, there is a Dennys across the street. The fitness center here is quite good as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hello Biomanxii,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to learn that overall your stay was enjoyable. We hope that you will join us again.

Please note that we now offer complimentary internet in our lobby.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this location for one night prior to leaving the LA area after a business trip. I chose this hotel based on the location near the airport, and it was a priceline purchase. I wouldn't suggest paying the full hotel website rate if at all possible - use expedia or priceline. I was given a king room on an upper floor, which was quite nice. The room was at the very end of a hall, so had full windows on two walls, which flooded the room with plenty of light. Not that there is too much to see, but the view wasn't bad at all. The room was very clean overall with typical amenities you would expect - single cup coffee maker, flat screen TV, sofa, desk. The bed was extremely comfortable including a few larger body pillows. The bathroom was also quite pleasing, and the shower was equipped with a large "rain" style shower head. Overall this was an excellent stay with no complaints over the room itself, or the service of the hotel staff.

If you have a rental car, as I did, you may find that parking is a bit pricey - $25 per day, with in/out. I've traveled quite alot, and I will never understand why nicer, 4 star hotels charge for parking and Wifi, though you've already paid an exorbitant price just to stay, while much less expensive 2-3 star hotels often offer free parking, Wifi and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room if possible, or at least one at the end of a hall. These have double windows an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello biomanxii,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We're so delighted to hear your recent stay with us was convenient and comfortable. We're also glad you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Los Angeles Airport. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an airport business traveler hotel which has seen as many miles as it's tired looking sales executives and flight crews wandering the huge lobby late at night. The building and it's tenants could benefit from some pampering to justify the price and even help the brand name.

With that said, as long as you're going to stay here for it's intended purpose of conferences and/or business travel, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Pros:
Proximity to LAX (shuttle, etc.)
Professional and friendly front desk
Good food at the grill (large portions and tasty helps offset the high prices for a cafe)
Coffee in-room is nice
There is a window in the room to let in fresh air
Very comfortable bed

Cons:
-$25 parking fee (typical but still)
-Airplanes taking off and landing right outside the hotel (I turned on the fan in the room and it didn't bother me any more)
-My room smelled like a European basketball team had just left (is it the old central air system that's stale or did an actual team from Serbia stretch out on my bed an hour before I got there?)
-Don't even open the fridge to see what tiny liquor jar could possibly cost $21 because the bottles rattle on the sensors and it automatically starts charging you for drinks you don't even touch (the front desk removed the charges but still, be careful).
-The cable tv system has the slooooooowest remote-reaction speed and has to load every channel like you just turned on a computer from the 1995 (first world problem I know).
- No breakfast

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hello Karl00,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food at The Daily Grill and our Heavenly Bed.

Should travels bring you back to Los Angeles, we hope to welcome you back at the Westin Los Angeles Airport.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

this was by far my most favorite hotel in the LA airport area. the staff was awesome the hotel was super clean. the bed was perfect! i knocked out and never even could have know i was next to the air port. the food is yummy and the overall experience was Excellent! i will absolutely be back!

Hello Racktravler,

Thank you for sharing such kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team will be thrilled to hear we were able to provide you with the service you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I landed at 6:30am and knowing my room in Beverly Hills would not be ready I headed to the Westin for a day-rate stay of 6 hours.

Whilst it's not the cheapest airport hotel, the room was great, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and everything worked.

My only complaint was the charge for internet - especially for an SPG Gold member. Most hotels in the US are free now.

2  Thank AussieStrategist

Hello AussieStrategist,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your day room stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your short time with us.

Please note that we now offer complimentary internet access in our lobby.

We look forward to serving you again.