“Their beds are like sleeping on a cloud”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I only stayed one night. This was a stop over from Toronto to LA, then off to Hawaii. After standing in airport lines for 2.5 hours for security & customs and then sitting on a plane for 5.5 hours it was a joy to have a comfy bed to fall into at night. I usually take awhile to fall asleep in a strange place/bed but this was a dream.

Everything in the room was perfect and I didn't hear any air traffic. My only complaint was there wasn't anything close by to do but it served it's purpose since I was only in LA for 14 hours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandybeaches56
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Sandybeaches56

Thank you for choosing the Westin LAX for your hotel accommodations during stopover in LA. I am delighted to read that you were able to take comfort in our signature Westin Heavenly Bed. With 10 layers of pure comfort, our beds are uniquely designed for maximum comfort!

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Los Angeles!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have to say that I'm a little surprised at the negative reviews here. I'll admit that interior design isn't a forte of mine so I cannot speak to whether or not this place needs "updating," but the copious amenities and uncanny convenience of the place--not to mention the attentiveness of the staff--make this a great place to stay if you're in Los Angeles. For hassle-free enjoyment, you really cannot beat it as a convention destination; they were as close to perfect as I'd like.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Stu B,

We very much appreciate the 5 out of 5 rating! I am so pleased to read that you found our hotel close to perfect and also very proud that our attentive staff left a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed here several times as its one of my companies preferred vendors. Location is down the strip from the airport, and a bit noisy between the dog kennels and the runways.
Surprised at lack of amenties for SPG members. No water, no access to lounge unless you purchase which was impossible as rooms were booked. Restaurant has beeen redone and looks nice but had room service instead. Quality was better than average. Staff seemed aloof and uninterested in guests. Tried breakfast the next morning, buffet listed on menu but was not available on a Friday no doubt. Ordered eggs benedict off the menu. OK, but but sauce tasted more like cream sauce with food color. Fruit should have never left the kitchen! The watermelon was soft, and shiny red.. a very good sign it was old and way over ripe. Pineapple was nothing but rind when sliced. Overall very disappointing. Server was very slow. Waited 20 minutes for check and almost missed my meeting. When I return to LAX on my dime later this season, I'll opt for either the marriot or Hilton. Same or close in value, but seems to be a step above SPG these days.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear amyg123,

We appreciate your business and I am sorry to hear our property did not fulfill your expectations.

I am disappointed to read that you felt there was a lack of amenities for you as an SPG member. We greatly value our loyal guests. We offer benefits at each level of membership and do our very best to upgrade when it is available. We hope you were able to provide the team with the same feedback regarding your experience at the Daily Grill while you were in house to allow us the opportunity to resolve any issues.

We hope you will give our property another try if travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The LAX Westin is just above your typical airport hotel. Great location, comfortable bed, clean enough. We could hear the planes much louder than other hotels in the area. Also, we had to take a cab to the airport because the shuttle was behind. If you can get a great price, stay here. Otherwise, keep looking

Dear CaliGeorgiaPeach,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to read our hotel exceeded your expectations. I do apologize you were bothered by the sound of the airplanes and you were unable to take advantage of our airport shuttle. Our airport shuttle typically runs every 15 to 20 minutes, but at times may run a little behind due to high volume of passengers. If there is any concern about the timeliness of our airport transportation, I recommend contacting our concierge for an update on the location and time. They usually have a good idea when the shuttle will be circling back to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Westin LAX.

Remain Well,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was your typical Westin, clean, didn't hear the planes too much. very close to the airport. They did have a coffee shop. Went there from Manhattan Beach with taxi ranging around $25. would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear bruinbear23,

Many thanks for the 5 out of 5 review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return!

Be Well,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Some of these photos make this hotel look like a dump but my room was quite nice and it was clean. The rooms are large and simple westin style. It is modern, clean, and does not look like it needs any renovation to me. My room was facing the airport but it is an airport hotel so I expected to hear alot of noise but there really was not any noise at all except hearing the valet guys and people in the front of the hotel talking but airplane noise was not a problem. My only complaint is that the room service prices are way too high. I am used to paying around $20 for room service but this was almost $30 just for a simple breakfast or lunch sandwich/ burger. Also they forgot my breakfast potatoes one morning and when they brought them up they were very cold. The next night they forgot the bacon on my bacon cheddar burger and then they brought me up some bacon crumbles that seemed like they were from the salad bar. Other than that it was nice stay. Awesome firm and comfortable beds!

Dear Jamie Z,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor reviewers.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. However, I apologize our in-room dining forgot some of your items from your order and when the staff brought them to your room they were not exactly satisfying. I will make sure to communicate your feedback with the team to ensure more accuracy.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Westin from 1/27-29, 2013. Very nice hotel. Surprised that they charge $25.00 a day to park your car in their garage. Yikes. I ended up turning in the rental car a day early to save on the expense. Very clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Centrally located and close to everything too. I would probably stay somewhere that didn't charge for parking next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear NanaLC54,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Los Angeles. Our overnight parking price is competitive in the market and you’ll find it on the lower end of similar hotels in the LAX area. We hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Los Angeles Airport.