“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #60 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was your typical Westin, clean, didn't hear the planes too much. very close to the airport. They did have a coffee shop. Went there from Manhattan Beach with taxi ranging around $25. would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear bruinbear23,

Many thanks for the 5 out of 5 review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return!

Be Well,
Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Some of these photos make this hotel look like a dump but my room was quite nice and it was clean. The rooms are large and simple westin style. It is modern, clean, and does not look like it needs any renovation to me. My room was facing the airport but it is an airport hotel so I expected to hear alot of noise but there really was not any noise at all except hearing the valet guys and people in the front of the hotel talking but airplane noise was not a problem. My only complaint is that the room service prices are way too high. I am used to paying around $20 for room service but this was almost $30 just for a simple breakfast or lunch sandwich/ burger. Also they forgot my breakfast potatoes one morning and when they brought them up they were very cold. The next night they forgot the bacon on my bacon cheddar burger and then they brought me up some bacon crumbles that seemed like they were from the salad bar. Other than that it was nice stay. Awesome firm and comfortable beds!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jamie Z,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor reviewers.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. However, I apologize our in-room dining forgot some of your items from your order and when the staff brought them to your room they were not exactly satisfying. I will make sure to communicate your feedback with the team to ensure more accuracy.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Kind Regards,
Ballston Spa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Westin from 1/27-29, 2013. Very nice hotel. Surprised that they charge $25.00 a day to park your car in their garage. Yikes. I ended up turning in the rental car a day early to save on the expense. Very clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Centrally located and close to everything too. I would probably stay somewhere that didn't charge for parking next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear NanaLC54,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Los Angeles. Our overnight parking price is competitive in the market and you’ll find it on the lower end of similar hotels in the LAX area. We hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Los Angeles Airport.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for the first two nights of our holiday, very convenient airport location. Free Shuttle bus only takes minutes to get to the hotel, would have been helpful if there were bell staff available to take all our bags from the shuttle bus but there were none in sight. That aside we could not fault this hotel, the room was spacious, modern and clean. Dinning at the hotel grill was very reasonably priced and had a very varied choice and the food was wonderful. Was able to walk the next morning to collect our hire car and again the location was convenient for some of the local attractions.
Would use this hotel again if flying into LAX.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KiddyBoy
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear KiddyBoy,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor!

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overall experience and you would return to the Westin the next time you fly into LAX. However, I do apologize our luggage attendants were not readily available to welcome you and assist you with your luggage upon your arrival. I will make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate managers to ensure we are better prepared to assist our arriving guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Los Angeles!

Stay Well,
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I occasionally stayed in this hotel when I have a meeting with my American client nearby. I should say amongst all the Westin I stayed, this is the worse. I usually asked for a room facing the city as the opposite will be facing the airport and the noise from the planes landing and taking off is unbearable. However, if one chooses the city side, unless the side window is serviced and close tied, the morning traffics will wake you up from 7am in the morning.

Nevertheless, the bed is always comfortable but the rest of the room amenities are minimal.

I always park my car in y client premises. This time there took the liberty to charge me their daily rate even though I never park there. The same as they have a strange item in their bill called Refreshment Center which charges varied amount every day. I checked for a couple of lines and found out their reversed this item out but missed the last entry.

Never will I stay in this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TaiLim
Dear TaiLim,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay in January.

It is unfortunate that our hotel fell below your expectations of a Westin. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the outside noise and billing issues. By posting on Trip Advisor, I am not able to identify you and research your concerns that you mentioned. I would be more than willing to look into this further and ask that you contact me directly at westinlax.sales@westin.com.

We hope you will reconsider using us in the future. If you do choose to stay with us again, please contact me and I will personally see to it that you have a more seamless, restful stay.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at The Westin Los Angeles on a business trip to L.A. and when I stepped into my room I was in love! Beautiful room, King Bed, Huge Bathroom, and a Full MiniBar! My kind of living.

Very friendly staff and comfortable stay. They even offer to rent you workout clothes while you are there. And so cool to have a bathrobe to use as well.

Ate dinner with friends in the restaurant and it was excellent. A bit over prices, but it was worth it.

Shuttle for free to the airport the next day for my return flight home.

Recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheilarae71
Dear Sheilarae71,

Thank you for your 5 out of 5 review and sharing your experience with fellow travelers!

I am delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Thank you for recognizing our newest partnership with New Balance where guests are able to pack light and still have the option of working out with our New Balance shoes and apparel.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. We hope to welcome you back at the Westin LAX soon!

Be Well,
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Only 5 minutes to reach LA International Airport. Free shuttle to Airport every 15 minutes. A very huge lobby, and sophisticated lobby. Rooms were very clean & spacious, offer the view of take off and landing flight. Hotel provide private breakfast rooms for each group, located on the 2nd floor and a little bit hidden. Good breakfast. Most of all, the concierge staffs were really helpful. At the time we checked out, a friend just realized that she has left the whole family's passports in Hilton Hotel Anaheim safety box. The whole family was really panic, as we only had 3 hours to our intercontinental flight departure time. Raul, the concierge staff, could manage to find the passport and hand us on time. Thank you Raul ! For sure, we will be back to Westin LA Airport Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LAlex_12
Dear LAlex_12,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled to read about your wonderful experience and the great customer service you experienced during your stay. Thank you for recognizing Raul’s efforts in retrieving your family’s passports in time for your departure. I will make sure to share your kind comments with the rest of our team.

We hope to welcome you back the next time travels return you to Los Angeles!

Remain Well,