“Very comfortable hotel!”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #56 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 12, 2012

During my trip to LA, I stayed at the Westin and rented a car. I was very comfortable at the Westin. Clean and well laid out rooms. Good service. It's a classy hotel but not pretentious. And if you get a package, it is not too expensive. Very convenient near the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,559)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I travel back and forth often for business on my way through to Honolulu and found my home away from home at the Westin LAX. Their front desk staff are always so helpful...they even helped me to check in and print out my boarding pass for me at the front desk when I was running late just a few days ago. In addition, I enjoy their affordable happy hour food specials at the Daily Grill Restaurant & Bar-the chicken pot pie is delicious and the portions are just right. Also, if you need to get a little work done...I suggest you bring your ipad and/or computer to the restaurant and you too can enjoy comp WiFi and eat your dinner at the restaurant which I have done on several occasions. Most importantly...the sleeper bed and pillows at this hotel are the best! I get the best rest at the Westin LAX and wish I could take their bed and pillows home with me so I can sleep this good all the time. In addition, they have complimentary transportation to and from airport and if you have extra time on your hands you can even jump on the Trolley just across the street and visit Manahatten Beach and/or stop in at the Sepulveda Shopping Center to buy something special for yourself and/or friends or family. I highly recommend this hotel not only for an overnight stay but it also has great space for meetings and conventions...you should definitely check out and stay at the Westin LAX.

Room Tip: Remember this is an airport location so you might request a quiet room not facing the airport.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sherri T
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Premium price (per my pocketbook) for an average room.

Cons:

An alarm in the hotel went off at 9 p.m. and it took approximately 45 minutes to resolve. Luckily, I never had to leave the room.

No hot water in the shower...actually, it was barely even luke warm. Perhaps that was because the neighbor was showering, too?

Parking is $22.50/night plus tax (hey, it's California).

Pros:

I did not hear one of the many airplanes that flew by the Westin during my stay.

The bedding. The pillows and linens were FABULOUS.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I'm surprised to find no proper glass ware at The Westin brand, but only cheap plastic cups. Also the cleaniness of this Westin is a challenge. I found left over food from breakfast on the chair. So next time, BYOC, bring your own cup!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinLAX, Guest Experience Coordinator at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Hello dinernothappy,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. It is very disappointing to learn that your time with us was less than enjoyable.

Please accept our sincere apologies that your accommodations were subpar. I will certainly share your comments with the applicable managers.

Approximately, 4 years ago, the city of Los Angeles implemented a rigid process for sterilizing glassware in the guestrooms. If you did not adhere to the new processess then the alternative is that you provide sealed plastic ware for your guests. We along with many other hotels opted for the latter. The plasticware is our way of ensuring that your drinkware is always sanitary and available for immediate use. However, please note that glassware will be provided upon request as our compliments.

Again, we sincerely apologize for your accommodations. We truly hope that you will join us again so that we can establish that we are capable of providing you with the service that you deserve.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Westin is a very convenient place to stay in if you are catching a very early flight or arriving late at LAX, and are too tired to go on a long drive home. The rooms are spacious, quiet, clean and the beds large and comfortable. They also provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport and have a convenient self- or valet parking right at the premises. We have stayed here 3 times and it was all very satisfactory and pleasant. We found the staff to be quick, attentive and efficient; and the guys driving the shuttle vans were very quick to help with the bags. The Daily Grill has a very good breakfast menu with generous portions - something always great to have when you are embarking on a very long journey. The lunch and dinner menus both offer good selections too. I was always sorry that it was just an overnight stay. I wish it could be longer. We would certainly go back again the next time there is a need for an overnight stay near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLAX, Executive Assistant at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hello cot2ntail,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent experiences at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. It is always a delight to learn that our guests expectations have been met.

We look forward to having your again. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any requests.

Regards,

Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Compared to other Westin properties I've stayed at, this one is somewhat below average. The rooms needs some cosmetic upgrades. My room had an overall "musty" odor. My room included "free WiFi" and "free bottled water". When I arrived, I had to call and request a bottle of water and only once during my 6-night stay was the water bottle replaced with a new bottle. There was an overall lack of consistency with housekeeping services as well. Some days, they skipped giving me wash clothes, other days they shorted me a bath towel. Some days the room was cleaned by noon; other days it wasn't ready until later (I tried to eat in my room on a lunch break, but it was in the middle of being cleaned). There is also a dog kennel on the south side of the building, so every day and many nights I heard barking dogs, even from the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Ask which side of the building you'll be on - my room, on the 10th floor, faced South and there...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Hello germatt2,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Needless to say, we are disappointed to learn of the issues you faced surrounding your room and noise levels.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the applicable staff. I wish I could offer explanation regarding the replacing of your complimentary water. It is not at all customary for such an occurrence to repeat itself 4 of your 5 night stay. We will certainly pay closer attention to this program to ensure that we are delivering on our promise.

You are correct that the cleaning time for servicing the room will vary from day to day. There are so many factors that contribute to when a room attendant is able to servie the room. Even still, it is important that we are consistently providing all the necessary items. Please accept our apologies.

We believe that we are able to meet your expectations - please join us again should your travels return you to the area. We would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing experience that you deserve.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night for a business trip for one night. Upon checking in, I was greeted by a group of snickering employees at the front desk who seemed more interested in socializing than helping their guests. Although I am a SPG Preferred Guest (Gold), I was given a room on the third floor very close to the elevators. The third floor not only houses the gym and the pool, but lots of hotel staff and pilots. There was constant traffic and noise outside my room, but I did not want to bother changing rooms. This hotel definitely nickel and dimes their guests; there weren't any complimentary offerings at all. At checkout, I wasn't even offered a copy of my bill. I don't think I'll be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hello Michele E,

Thank you for sharing your recent exeperience regarding your check-in. Please accept our sincere apologies for the level of customer service that your deserve.

Regretfully, we were unable to arrange for you to stay on a higher floor. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with the applicable managers.

I asked that should your travels return you to Los Angeles that you will stay with us again and allow us another opportunityt to provide you with the personal, instinctive and renewing service that you are owed.

Regards,