“absolutely 5 star and service unparralled”

The Westin Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #53 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
florida
“absolutely 5 star and service unparralled”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Any negative comments you may read here about the LAX Westin are absent now- June '11. 5 nights. Ask for SPG level if you are able. No noise. Ask for more towels, hangers, the usual for more than 2 nite stays in any hotel. Ask for room facing Century Bl upper floors.1158 extra large space. Earn extra points by not asking for houskeeping every day. Daily News- lobby-- good menu and not outrageously expensive. Open late- 10:00pm. No restaurants walkable. Thrifty car rental next door. Don't try concierge recommended $5 parking blocks away in alley at the Subway. $18/$22 nite parking necessary. hotel $$--restaurant open late in lobby. Save $$- don't use room service unless you are on expense account. Forget mini bar with snacks. Garage confusing re: payment. See front desk. No cash attendants. 5 miles from terminals. Easy shuttle 24/7. Very good value. Popular convention hotel & weekend weddings. Best for SPG Starwood members.

Room Tip: Request highest floors facing landings. Noiseless.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank charlieandjoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Checked in late after I had been rerouted to LAX for the night (United...)
Staff was extremely friendly and understanding.
The room was decent, but looked a bit older than the other Westins I had stayed at. I'd say late 90s looking.
Bathroom was small, but sufficient, and shuttle service to airport was excellent, though shared with several other hotels.
If you have a quick layover at LAX, this is your place!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed here on 2 separate occasions on my recent trip and was extremely happy with the quality of the rooms. I was actually pleasantly surprised as it had been awhile since I had stay at an airport hotel at LAX and was not expecting something so luxurious. The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms were quiet and clean. The bathrooms were very clean with no sight of mould. I used room service on my first stay and even though I had arrived after 11pm the lovely girl on the telephone organised for me to be able to order something of the "day menu" which had ended. I was very appreciative. The staff are incredibly polite and efficient. I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in LAX.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Milkythemouse, thank you very much for both of your recent stays and for your post. Our associates are always looking for ways to exceed the expectations of our guests and I am glad that we were able to do that for you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles. Travel Well, Glenn
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Yesterday my flight was cancelled and United Air booked me a room at the Westin Los Angeles Airport. I stayed in Room # 826.
The room is ok, no slippers though but the problem happened when I turned the light off and I could not sleep because of the constant barking of several dogs. I am not sure where they were but the noise was constant.
I was coming from a sleepless night with a flight originating out of JFK at 6am, on a 4 months long business trip and with 2 heavy bags+carry on. The idea of calling the Reception and change room was out of my reach so I pulled my ear plugs and rested.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelpro64
Dear Travelpro64, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy a much needed renewing rest when you stayed with us. Our Heavenly Beds are usually the best medicine for any background noise, and I do hope that you will stay with us again. Thank you for staying with us. Be Well, Glenn
Forest Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed here in May & June 2011 and will stay here anytime I am in LAX. The rooms are great, the beds are more than heavenly and the staff is outstanding! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all! Location is great and the $5 round trip trolley is a great bonus! Every single staff member I encountered was friendly and would do anything to make your stay pleasant!

• Stayed May 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2011

It is a very good airport hotel.free airport shuttle easy to find

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I spent 4 nights at the Westin LAX for a convention and was at first disappointed that the presenters had chosen an airport hotel. But the Westin LAX is surprisingly centrally located to great eating, sight-seeing, and the beaches, shopping, and fun of Manhattan Beach, Playa, and Santa Monica. It is also right next to LAX car rental agencies which was incredibly convenient. The Daily Grill (the only restaurant at the Westin) has a terrific bar, good food and friendly service. And of course there is the heavenly bed, which makes the stay at any Westin a great big pleasure. Like all of LA there is nothing in walking distance, but, really, who expects that in LA, anywhere?

Room Tip: Join the Starwoods Preferred Guest program.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MissPattyT
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Many thanks for your four night stay MissPattyT and your great post! I am very glad that you enjoyed your experience at our Westin AND made time for some personal renewal by taking advantage of our location and seeing the LA sites. I hope we have the chance to see you again very soon. Remain Well, Glenn