TripAdvisor
Los Angeles
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews espresso machine cute hotel every guest continental breakfast comfortable beds street parking cleaning staff late check boutique hotel first floor would stay again easy access front desk every morning beverly hills ucla sink
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2019

The rooms themselves are nice, but this hotel is very loud, especially for rooms anywhere near the lobby and breakfast area. Don't expect to get much sleep in this place. The hotel wouldn't let me change to a quieter room even though one was available and even though I offered to pay the difference in room rates. I was offered no rational explanation for why that was (except that I had booked on a third party site - so I guess that makes me a second class guest), and I found it very frustrating. There is air conditioning, but it's only ok and leaves a bright light on in the room at night from the A/C unit. Breakfast is also just ok.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
PaliManagement, General Manager at Palihotel Westwood Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Dear ianosaurus,

We sincerely apologize for your not so satisfactory stay with us. At Palihotel Westwood we strive to ensure every guest has a great restful experience and treated with great customer service. It seems we didn’t hit this mark with you and truly apologize. The A/C in your room has an option to turn off the light, we will be sure to inform guests prior to arrival to eliminate any issues as such moving forward. Our breakfast is topped with the finest bakery items made directly here in LA with an assortment of breakfast options a Continental breakfast can have. We hope you can give us another try in the near future, Please contact me directly next time you book in Westwood so we make sure you have the best stay possible!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Admittedly, I booked the hotel based on the overall style and furnishings of the hotel, however it did not disappoint! The lobby is spacious for breakfast which is provided everyday. A mix of pastries, fruit, yoghurt, toast and cereal. With a large Nespresso machine for coffees and selection of teas. All complementary!
I also liked that the front door was locked so you could only enter with a key card after dark!
Staff - were great from the get-go. I had several packages sent to the hotel which were stored until I arrived. They even moved our room upstairs as we didn’t want people looking into the room on the bottom floor. Also accommodated a late check out for us which was great
Room - we booked a double queen room (2 beds) and had heaps of space! The room was decorated nicely, beds were super comfortable. Shower pressure was great.
Price - very reasonable for LA, would stay again especially for the style of hotel.
Location - Westwood village is nice and has restaurants, food stores, CVS and target close by. We used Uber pool to get to Beverly Hills which was close.

Overall would stay again when in LA!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear georgiar251,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments on our fabulous property located in Westwood. Here at Palihotel we strive to ensure every guest feels comfortable as if they are at home. Glad to hear you were able to take in the neighborhood and navigate through Los Angeles with ease. It also brings much joy to receive such a positive review about our staff that truly go above and beyond to make sure we created a happy moment while your stay with us. Looking forward to having you back when travelling into Los Angeles.

Darren Aubin| Housemaster

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel 4 days ago and it was the worst experience since the moment of check in. I had a king room that was so small that I could barely walk around the bed. So I requested an Upgrade which I got for an extra $40 per night. The upgraded room was nice. I asked the receptionist to make sure I could stay the entire 5 days in same room. He called manager and then assured me that I could stay my entire stay.
The next day another receptionist called me to tell me I need to leave the room. Even though I was assured otherwise I told them I was very far ( 1.5 hours away) and they said I had till 4pm to come back and pack my things. I arrived before 4 and they had unlawfully packed all my personal belongings! That’s completely illegal!!! And the manager ROXY was extremely rude and disrespectful. I travel every week and have never encountered such lack of professionalism.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Iloveella2018
PaliManagement, General Manager at Palihotel Westwood Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Dear Iloveella2018,

Thank you for your feedback. First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. After reading your review, let me start by apologizing for your experience. I will make sure to address this with the Front Office leadership team and the rest of the front desk staff. Again, our apologies for the less than satisfactory experience and the issues you encountered. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to discuss your experience with me further.

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Rooms are small but cozy. The bed is amazing and it is very stylish!
Location is beyond perfect half from Beverly Hills half way from Santa Monica right next to the 405
Great thing is street parking.
Good job keep it up.

Trip type: Traveled with family
PaliManagement, General Manager at Palihotel Westwood Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear Sam L,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us a wonderful review! We are happy to hear you were able to have a great stay in our wonderful building- just a hop, skip and a jump from the 405 and Beverly Hills. We aim to please, and with our stylish beds it makes our job that much easier as they are the most comfortable mattresses in all of L.A. Glad you were also able to catch some street parking! Looking forward to having you back in Westwood on your next trip into Los Angeles.

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

This was my first visit to LA for work, we stayed here because we wanted to be walking distance to UCLA. Westwood Village is a nice neighbourhood with lots of character and place to eat... A a great art museum called the Hammer... Anyway back to the hotel I was fortunate to stay there 4 nights the bed was great, the room was small but funky and nicely renovated. The first impressions of the place is wow what a retro funky looking place and it just got cooler as you got inside. The staff where friendly and after a long flight and almost 32 hrs without sleep the managed to find us a room so we could show and rest before we caught up with friends. The only thing I could really fault was at time the room got a little noisy... mostly the sound of staff servicing the rooms. A massive mini bar choice if you are into mini bars (or can afford the prices).

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
PaliManagement, Manager at Palihotel Westwood Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear biancab347,

Thank you for choosing Palihotel in Westwood for your work related trip. I’m glad you found some leisure time around Westwood and enjoyed all the neighboring activities within the area! We try our best to accommodate early arrivals, and from the sounds of it you were able to catch up with the jet lag a bit in our mid-century inspired rooms. Looking forward to you staying and enjoying the moments with us here in the near future.