All reviews basketball court athletic facilities running track private club downtown la jewelry district indoor track men's locker room bottega louie charlie chaplin spa facilities la history olive street swimming pool downtown hotel unique hotel great gym
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Well, there are a lot of things about this hotel in L.A. Downtown. It has a multi storey parking garage (which cost 27.50 USD per day). At 3rd floor there are amenities where one can work, have breakfast, lunch, have cocktails, socialise, hear jazz (like I did two days in a row), a great wine deposit, library and that's it pretty much on this floor. But wait, why is this called Athletic Club? Because going further up there is a full running track!!! don't know exactly which floor. Then there is massage and sauna for men on 5th, while for women same amenities on 6th. There you will find the basketball court as well. Swimming pool as well available and at some point, last floors, there are the club rooms. My room was very masculine with pungent colors of grey and red, which worked perfectly for me, with a laaaarge King bed, office space, tv (where almost all of the channels were ppv :( ). Bathroom indeed a bit of antique, the escalators as well, but I have heard that rejuvenation on the way. All in one, I found it a perfect stay for being in downtown and I would gladly recommend for people that are not fussy in terms of four stars which are not for the moment in european terms.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Everything about this place is old. The bathrooms are antiquated. The lobby is ancient. No bellman to help with luggage. The gym has old equipment. I stayed for the gym but was not impressed. The pool, however, is great. If you have to stay in LA then I guess it's okay but I was not impressed.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a short vacation and couldn't be happier. When we got there, the room was clean and ready. The bed is comfy. The free breakfast is good, loved the bread pudding! We didn't use the gym amenities but would love to come back to try the pool. I must also add that the staff was very nice and helpful. My only suggestion is that the room could use an extra mirror. Our room only has 1 in the bathroom and it's definitely an inconvenience when I wanted to do my hair and make up while my boyfriend is in there. The coffee brewing machine is also a bit hard to use, but it's minor.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
MarlonJLopez, Hotel Revenue Analyst at The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank You for staying at The Los Angeles Athletic Club

Thank you for taking some time to review us and we appreciate your feedback. The staff and myself are glad to know you got to enjoy your visit with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

I was recently was in LA for a layover, and thought I would stay in downtown. It was a trip back in time. My family had been in LA for decades before we moved north. My mother , her parents, and their parents were all born in LA. When LAAC came up as an option. Both my father and grandfather had been members. So, when it popped up on my search, I jumped all over it. I'm glad I did.

The room itself was a little small, and the HVAC not as quiet as I'm used to. Also, since it is a club, there is less service on the weekends. The safe was locked when I got to the room, but they sent someone up to handle it within 5 minutes.

The athletic facilities were very nice. All of the conference rooms, the restaurant, and the bar were all nicely appointed with wood paneling and carpets. It was like a cozy den with books everywhere.

It's in a great location. There are new and hip places all around the hotel. And, the price point worked well for me. It was less expensive than all of the other options near by.

It does need a little work, but all things considered, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank KurtS238

Thank You for staying at The Los Angeles Athletic Club

Thank you for taking sometime to review us. its really nice to know that you got to enjoy the club just like your family did. With LA changing so quickly we also offer a free shuttle transportation around the Downtown area. Making it easier for you to enjoy LA a bit more Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

The neighborhood has gone through an extensive change as is the hotel. While there 2 elevators were down for renovations and updates. It took some planning ahead however the updates will be great. The rooms were a bit dark and my bathroom needed some attention however the bed was really comfortable. I can appreciate the history and culture of the building. The workout facilities were nice. I really loved the daily breakfast buffet and enjoying Invention lounge with the live Jazz and great Pre Fix menu. I would stay here again once the renovations and updates are complete. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
MarlonJLopez, Hotel Revenue Anaylst at The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank You for staying at The Los Angeles Athletic Club

Thank you for taking some time to review us. I'm glad you got to enjoy your stay with us even though you had to encounter some of our renovations. We are expecting for all of our elevators to be completed by late June. We hope to see you again so you could fully enjoy your stay. :)