“Depressing. Glad it was only for one night.”

L.A. Sky Boutique Hotel
Ranked #210 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Frederick, Maryland
“Depressing. Glad it was only for one night.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a motel. Plain and simple. The bathroom was the best part since it seemed like it was just recently renovated. Bathroom is very nicely done. Also, the bed was comfy. Now, for the cons. The room had a really weird smell. I can't put my finger on it, but it was strong enough for me to notice. That was the first turnoff. Also, if you are going to have stark white, flat paint in the very small rooms, PLEASE clean them or re-paint regularly. There were scuff marks and other unidentifiable marks on the walls. GROSS. Service at check-in was indifferent at best, but the morning maid was super friendly. $15 to park in the tiny spaces in the back of the motel. Really? The walls are paper thin. I could hear my next door neighbor's entire music playlist, word for word. No natural light in the rooms. The window looks out to the dark walkway where everybody passes by so there is no point in even opening the curtain. I hated this place. I had to do a last minute booking and had no time to read the reviews but I wish I had done my homework. Very expensive lesson learned! I would never go back or recommend that anyone stays here.

Room Tip: My guess is this place has no "good" rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KStarrr
SKYHOTELLA, Manager at L.A. Sky Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel.

I apologize for the issues you had with your room.

We pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Orlando
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for business this week. The reason for my stay was proximity to my project location. It's a good, clean place to stay. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, decor was very tasteful. All that being said, this is a roadside motel - not a boutique as you would expect in LA or NYC. Good, clean place to shower, sleep and work. WiFi was reliable and strong. The reviews with thin walls and you can hear everything outside your door are true. If you have trouble maneuvering in and out of the driveway, however, you probably shouldn't be driving. It's not big deal - the parking fee is $15 per day though. As far as hidden charges go, I didn't have an issue. Just review your final invoice as you check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows. I understand some do not have them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KevandSvet
Elizabeth, NJ
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I unfortunately booked a last minute hotel through Priceline and ended up with Sky Hotel. The pictures on the website were deceiving and we initially thought it was a nice hotel. Upon arriving, we missed the entrance because the hotel is located within businesses. It's not even substantial enough to stand alone. Then when you find the entrance to turn in, you find yourself in the smallest parking lot ever. Be careful where you park because it'll be difficult to get out in one piece. They also did require a $100 min deposit that would be returned when checking out. I have no idea why though?! The hotel is abysmal and the windows all face a central courtyard, which was not appealing at all. If you're on the first floor, anyone can see into your room if the blinds are closed all the way. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and probably won't ever use Priceline again if this is the kind of hotel you can end up with.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel.

I apologize for the issue you had with your room and the hotel. We are a small, 28 room boutique hotel with a European feel and pride ourselves in the comfort and security we give to our guests.

Deposits are a standard practice for all hotels and used for incidentals. If no incidentals are used, all holds are taken off the guest's credit card at checkout.

Thank you for your stay!

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New York, NY
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The room was clean, the staff helpful and the location worked for me since it was close to family and friends BUT the room was very cramped. Also the bathroom lacked adequate shelf space for toiletries, etc. Tiny parking lot -- they have a sign that warns of a "tight turn" -- an understatement; be careful not to rip off your side mirrors! Anyway, for one night it was okay -- but longer than that might have tried my patience with the tiny quarters.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you are ok with a beign a bit out of the way and don't need a 5 star hotel experience, you can't go wrong with LA Sky. I was a bit skeptical at first given the location (it's nestled among strip malls off a busy road), but was plesently surprised after checking in. The hotel has a nive vibe to it and everythign is clean and well appointed. Staff is very friendly and rooms are small but clean and comfortable. The furniture and appointments are all upscale and better then what would be expected at this price point. As long as you are not expecting a 5 star experience (for example, they were not able to provide a toothbrush that I had forgotten), you would not be disapointed. I will certianly be going back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at la sky and was charged surprise fees I did not incur. You have to give your car keys to them because there are 9 parking spaces... if you rented a car good luck and pray they dont tear a mirror off parking so close. No elevator. I'm contacting the atty general. Be suspicious of anything they offer you as a courtesy! Ive never had a problem in my life with hotels but this one.
Bad management!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jeandurwood
Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel.

We are a small boutique hotel with limited parking spaces, and we offer valet services, so when you use valet, we have to take your keys so we can park and move the car for you and other guests.

We have no hidden fees, all of our parking charges are labeled on our website at $15.00 per day for a parking spot and all guests are notified again of parking charges at check-in. If you choose to not pay for parking or use our facilities, there is plenty of street parking right in front of the hotel.

Thank you for your stay!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a great experience. The hotel is so clean and tidy you would think it had just opened for business. The staff are friendly, courteous and nothing is too much trouble. I loved the décor of the rooms – It felt more like a stay in a friend’s guestroom than a hotel experience. I would certainly recommend the Sky Boutique Hotel to anyone looking for a clean, quiet hotel with very personable staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KJS596
SKYHOTELLA, Manager at L.A. Sky Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We always put forth our best efforts to try and make our guest's as comfortable as possible and enjoy their stay here with us. We look forward to your next visit!