“Great Location-Pleasant experience”

Ranked #247 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“Great Location-Pleasant experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and very helpful. Do not expect a suite, but you are right on the beach in Venice. The historic building is just that, but has been renovated. There is a large common area which is from a different era of hotels and very relaxing. The rooms are well kept and maintained. For staying at Venice Beach , this is an excellent choice. Do not expect a beach resort, this is a hotel. It is convenient to Santa Monica and bus connections to all of LA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This hotel sits directly on the infamous Venice boardwalk. It's eclectic charm and vintage feel make it a must for those wanting to enjoy the full Venice experience!!
The location is unbeatable, except that is, for the unsurpassed customer service.
The manager, Jeff, treated us as though we were his personal guests... ensuring that our every need and expectation were met. The Cadillac Hotel is now my new home-away-from-home whenever I visit the SoCal area, and I will most certainly return next summer for another fabulous stay! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Cadillac Hotel was the perfect spot for our girls vacation. Every single person we enountered was so accommodating and pleasant to talk to..Everyone was willing to help you make plans and suggested great activities and places to eat..thank you Nikky!!! Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The location was excellent!! The area around the hotel is safe and right by the beach.. We loved it!! definitely will stay here again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I used to love staying at the Cadillac! Then this May for sure was my last stay. There used to be sweet little shower/bath products in the bathroom. Not anymore. Some super trashy shampoo/soap/conditioner all in one , half used and not even replaced from the last guest is what I found. The hair dryer wasnt working and after they said someone would be up there within 5 min, noone ever showed up.
The guy working at the desk throughout the day was so incredibly rude I cant even start to get into details. I was promised I could reserve parking by the nice guy in the evening- and Mister Rude during the day completely ignored my reservation and made excuses.
The rooms were not cleaned properly. dirty glasses were left in my room, trash on the floor, crumbs.. Even my towels were folded up and put back on the rack to look like they were new.
Finally I find out what's going on. The owner of the hotel does not care about service since he " will get the hotel full either way ". He on top of it and that's the biggest scam, has his maids on a sketchy " work experience" visa so he doesn't have to pay them a dime . ( No wonder no one gave a damn about my room) Yes, you read right- they earn NOTHING.
That's all I have to say about this place. Very upsetting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Peachy04
caddyrep, Manager at Cadillac Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
In most cases I believe that a traveler has the right to place their opinion and I do not feel the need to respond to the majority of reviews. Unfortunately, in this instance I must. This guest is completely misinformed in regards to our owner, staff, and property in general. The owner recently invested multi millions to renovate the property. We have had many positive reviews as a result. Recently, we made a decison to try a work EXCHANGE program for eager and driven foreign students. They are PAID employees whom also get dicounted housing...a very fair deal. That said, we have run across some situations where these students who come from other countries found it was better to save product rather than throw them away...a noble gesture. Unfortunately not acceptable for hotel standards. They have since been made aware, however it is a work in progress. It troubles me to find a review of this nature and I would be more than happy to speak with this individual. The owner has gone to great lengths to improve the hotel as well as the efforts on the management.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Kent
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights over the May bank holiday. Hard hotel to find as you have to go round alot of one way back streets to get to it! We pulled up outside and asked at reception about parking - there was no space so we had to park further up the road and pay $20. I had paid extra for a corner room and when we were checking in we was told we are only booked into a standard room. After waiting for the guy behind reception to make a few calls, he eventually gave us the room we had paid for. The room was very nice and clean and had a great view. As it was a holiday weekend it was packed everywhere and at night alot of noise from the bar next door. This hotel was about 20 min walk to Santa Monica pier.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Cadillac had a good location for us because we wanted to check out Santa Monica but stay within a budget. The Santa Monica Pier is walking walking distance from The Cadillac.

We checked in late which was a mess b/c the parking lot was full. The front desk guy took care of our car for us though. That was nice. In the morning we couldn't get out b/c they had to park a car behind us. We had to get help from the front desk again. They guy was very nice and helpful. We just prefer not to deal with that type of thing on vacation. We got upgraded without request and the room had a full kitchen and a queen bed plus bunk beds. We didn't need all that but it would be nice for a longer stay with kids. The kitchen had all brand new appliances and the other decor was modern. We were surprised that there was no A/C but luckily it was cool outside so we could open the windows. We were worried about the noise but the only thing that woke me up was the darn pigeons. The boardwalk noise was surprisingly quiet in the middle of the night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Location to the beach is AWESOME! Location for parking AWFUL. Location for bums AWFUL and downright scary. I read the reviews and thought oh it is Venice what do you expect. Um, yeah, expect homeless to be around in full force. The place is right by a parking lot in which you can park your RV. And what passes for an RV is pretty liberal.

My wife and I got to the beach just as the sun was setting. We wanted to jump out get checked in and get pictures of the beach before it was dark. We get checked in and quick, the front desk guy was awesome. Then he gives me my parking pass. We go back there. I had a rental, a compact Hyundai Elantra. I could not get parked in. There were pick ups in this area, no way. It was barely wide enough for 2 compacts let alone pick ups to be in there. Go back to the front and the guy at the front desk says he will park it for me. Man I was nervous. So we left him the keys and he did it. I have no idea how.

My wife and I walked down the beach on the sunset to Santa Monica pier. It was awesome. As we walked down, the more scary it got though. The walk back was terrifying. People coming out of the shadows.

We get back to the room. It was ok. We paid around $120 for the night. I would say it is well worth it for the location to the beach alone. The room was huge. For whatever reason we got the room with bunk beds and a full size bed, it might have been a queen but it seemed more full. The TV was a new HD, nice.

We could not figure out if there was ac there or not. The room was hot. We were both so tired from the day we didn't feel like dealing with it. Just opened the window and it was fine.

We paid $7 for Wifi which isn't bad. I said to my wife, you know this room does not seem like a hotel, seems more like we are staying at a friends spare bedroom. Take that for what it is, but she agreed with me.

We both slept ok. Got checked out ok. Then the parking lot strikes again. Somebody had parked right behind me. We had to be at the airport in an hour. Some people had the same problem so they had left keys with the front desk. Only the person right behind me hadn't. So we had to wait about 15 minutes for them to get them out to move it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Ramada Marina Del Rey
Ramada Marina Del Rey
#8 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Cadillac Hotel? Share your experiences!