“Good Value for price”
Review of Cadillac Hotel

Cadillac Hotel
Ranked #259 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Cadillac had a good location for us because we wanted to check out Santa Monica but stay within a budget. The Santa Monica Pier is walking walking distance from The Cadillac.

We checked in late which was a mess b/c the parking lot was full. The front desk guy took care of our car for us though. That was nice. In the morning we couldn't get out b/c they had to park a car behind us. We had to get help from the front desk again. They guy was very nice and helpful. We just prefer not to deal with that type of thing on vacation. We got upgraded without request and the room had a full kitchen and a queen bed plus bunk beds. We didn't need all that but it would be nice for a longer stay with kids. The kitchen had all brand new appliances and the other decor was modern. We were surprised that there was no A/C but luckily it was cool outside so we could open the windows. We were worried about the noise but the only thing that woke me up was the darn pigeons. The boardwalk noise was surprisingly quiet in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Location to the beach is AWESOME! Location for parking AWFUL. Location for bums AWFUL and downright scary. I read the reviews and thought oh it is Venice what do you expect. Um, yeah, expect homeless to be around in full force. The place is right by a parking lot in which you can park your RV. And what passes for an RV is pretty liberal.

My wife and I got to the beach just as the sun was setting. We wanted to jump out get checked in and get pictures of the beach before it was dark. We get checked in and quick, the front desk guy was awesome. Then he gives me my parking pass. We go back there. I had a rental, a compact Hyundai Elantra. I could not get parked in. There were pick ups in this area, no way. It was barely wide enough for 2 compacts let alone pick ups to be in there. Go back to the front and the guy at the front desk says he will park it for me. Man I was nervous. So we left him the keys and he did it. I have no idea how.

My wife and I walked down the beach on the sunset to Santa Monica pier. It was awesome. As we walked down, the more scary it got though. The walk back was terrifying. People coming out of the shadows.

We get back to the room. It was ok. We paid around $120 for the night. I would say it is well worth it for the location to the beach alone. The room was huge. For whatever reason we got the room with bunk beds and a full size bed, it might have been a queen but it seemed more full. The TV was a new HD, nice.

We could not figure out if there was ac there or not. The room was hot. We were both so tired from the day we didn't feel like dealing with it. Just opened the window and it was fine.

We paid $7 for Wifi which isn't bad. I said to my wife, you know this room does not seem like a hotel, seems more like we are staying at a friends spare bedroom. Take that for what it is, but she agreed with me.

We both slept ok. Got checked out ok. Then the parking lot strikes again. Somebody had parked right behind me. We had to be at the airport in an hour. Some people had the same problem so they had left keys with the front desk. Only the person right behind me hadn't. So we had to wait about 15 minutes for them to get them out to move it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We did our trip to Venice and The cadillac on a whim and it turned out to be a really fun sleepover visit with the family. The hotel is almost a hundred years old and sits on amazing area of Venice. Its got good eats on the corner and over priced mini mart. But its nice to have anything you need right there is a plus. Rooms are clean, the oceanfront views are some of the best Ive seen for the price. The staff... well, they went out of theyre way to make sure we had EVERYTHING we needed, they were kind and curtious and friendly and super fun! My shout out to Nikky.. Thanks for the use of youre pool stick! I would recommend this place to my friends and family... and we sure will stay at the cadillac when were in Venice again! : } ~

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2010

When my husband and I approached the hotel I was a little nervous thinking that I was going to walk into the Bates Motel. People were smoking pot in the parking lot which we found out later that is normal and legal in CA. Reviews mentioned the "crazy people" on the board walk..yes this is true but I'm from NYC so it was normal to me as if I was at Coney Island. The lobby needs upgrading, rooms are small. We were out and about the entire time so just resting our heads here was fine with us. If you require a 5 star hotel don't stay here. If you are looking to do CA on a budget and not going to spend a lot of time in the room, stay here. Hotel staff was nice and helpful. Parking was a short walk for $10 a day...again being from NYC this is a bargin. The Whaler is a bar down the boardwalk worth checking out.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, great location and room. The room was clean with a gorgeous view of the water. During they day you get the feel of Venice by hearing the drums and crowds in the background and by night time it was very quiet. If you want to experience Venice beach, this is the place to stay! Walk out the hotel door and you are in the middle of it! We'll be back soon!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2010

When I first walked into the Cadillac Hotel, I must say, I was questioning wether or not it was a good choice. When you first walk in it looks more like a hostel than a hotel. But once I got up to my room I was pleasantly surprised. I had a corner room and the views were excellent. The room was very clean and the bathroom looked as though it had never been used. The staff was very helpful with my luggage and answered any questions i had about the area. There's a small market across the street and a nice restaurant/cafe that both came in very handy. The location was very good. You could walk to the santa monica pier and Main Street. I saw a comment about 'bums', be advised that Venice Beach has many homeless people and is full of all kinds of characters. If you are uncomfortable with that then you should find a different area to stay in, not a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We had the most enjoyable stay at the Cadillac Hotel! My daughter and I were there this past week and were very pleased with everything. The hotel was clean, centrally located, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We will DEFINITELY recommend this
hotel to our friends and we will always make plans to stay there when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
#10 of 11 in Marina del Rey
The Kinney
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Cadillac Hotel? Share your experiences!