“Location location location”
Review of Cadillac Hotel

Cadillac Hotel
Ranked #257 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have easy access to the boardwalk, This is the place to stay. While it is not a plush hotel, It is a very nice hotel in the middle of things. We have stayed at other hotels facing the boardwalk and spent a lot more money. Be clear about your priorities. If you want easy access to the boardwalk at a good value, This is the place. The staff is great and the rooftop is a nice resource. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights on July 4th and the front desk service wuz awesome!!!... Both Jay and Moe were so friendly, helpful, funny, and professional.... They made sure me and my BFF had a great experience at VB and made excellent recommendations for food to eat and places to see... To top it off, they have bike in-house that you can rent for cheap.. Highly recommended to rent a bike to see VB and Santa Monica Pier... Luv, luv the place., i had a partial view and hope to be back soon and hope to have the whole view next time and stay longer.. Luv the people, the arts, architectures, and vibes there... Peace Out, Nicole...:)

Room Tip: We had room 403 with partial view and hope to land a room with a full view next time...:)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and had a great trip. The hotel rooms are small but we had a great view of the beach. The room was simple but clean. You pay for a great location. Keep in mind it can get noisy at times.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Worst place I have ever been!!! No air conditioning, service was bad!!!!!! Guy checking us in was rude. We actually left because the room/hotel was so bad. Also good luck parking. If you like to stay in hot boxed room this is the place for you. I pray that know one else gets screwed by this place. Please dont believe any good reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank wowwhatajoke
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved my room 302 with the panoramic view of the entire Venice Beach beach and boardwalk scene. I came for the ocean, beach, sun, sea air and the famous Venice 'scene'. And that is exactly what I got from my great room with a view. You have a birds eye view of the reality of all that is Venice Beach, good, bad and very interesting. I loved the rooftop view as well, but they could make it more welcoming and 'cushy' up there! I was a single woman alone, and felt safe at the hotel, staff friendly. Yes, it is an old building, at the beach. It has none of the polish of a luxe hotel. But my room was comfortable and clean. In June I had no need for AC - I threw the screenless :( windows open wide - and enjoyed the sea air and the sound of the waves, as well as the street scene outside my window. But the beachfront area settles around the sunset I felt, and the sounds of skateboards rolling by or street musicians was just part of the whole. I wish i was there right now. And the moonlight on the breaking waves at night seen from my bed.........

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 2jude13
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When I arrived I was shocked at what this old hotel had to offer. Actually not much. Downstairs is an art gallery and it was stunning but the rest made me feel like turning around and leaving. I didn't. The front rooms were very basic and the carpets awfully old, the windows rickety and there was no shampoo/conditioner in my room- no water- the mini fridge didn't work and .... no restaurant! Normally I would have left but it was too late- I had seen the view! I was looking at Venice Beach in all it's panoramic beauty and I was hooked. Totally.
Okay, you may not have found that was enough but I had three days of watching people roam the stalls and watch the endless bike riders and roller skaters enjoy the sun and sand. People surfing. Restaurants all along the boardwalk. It was exciting. Would I go back? Maybe not unless they renovate! If they really restored this grand old lady it would be wonderful- and Venice is not for everybody I know, but it has an energy unlike most places. Check it out!

Room Tip: You need to adapt- it's pretty basic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The room was very bland but it was clean.I don't think i would like this room 303 in summer as there is no air conditioning.The rooms did have ceiling fans. We had a view of a brick wall from the window. There was a lobby where you could sit and fresh coffee to drink any time of the day.The pros very much over ride the few cons. The situation of the hotel is right on the beach walk where many artists showed their wares. The walk to Santa Monica was a slow 30min so not far. We hired a motorised scooter and had lots of fun on that. I give the friendly guys on the desk thumbs up for their friendliness.

Room Tip: A room facing the beach front especially in summer as you could open the windows and allow breeze to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#11 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Kinney
The Kinney
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Cadillac Hotel? Share your experiences!