“Comfortable, close to the beach, contemporary”

Inn at Venice Beach
Ranked #8 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of March and were very happy with the room, service, and amenities. Parking is relatively cheap at $11/day (way cheaper compared to more central locations). The staff were always smiling and greeted guests with genuine interest. The free breakfast every morning was also a nice bonus. Lastly, the rooms were well furnished, clean, and I loved the toiletries (Philosophy!). The only downside was the street noise; however, we were so tired from running around every day that we slept soundly in our big comfy bed till morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amy_ami
There are newer reviews for Inn at Venice Beach

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our stay at the Inn at Venice Beach was very comfortable and pleasant. The Inn is well located, just a few blocks from the boardwalk. The room ( we enjoyed the retro decor) was along the side street across from the Mexican restaurant but still quiet enough. Beds were firm and comfortable and everything we needed was provided. There is a charming interior courtyard (right outside our door) adjacent to the breakfast room which we didn't use due to the cool weather but it looked like a great place to sit with morning coffee. Convenient parking. Staff was always pleasant helpful. In all, just what we wanted, reasonable rate, great location, a bit of character!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Maybe you should never go back to somewhere that you've had an exceptional stay in the past. How could it ever meet the impossible standards set by your own fond memories? Well the Inn did a pretty good job! It's had a major re-model since our last stay - funky 60's retro which was a little over the top for our liking however the basics haven't changed. It's still a good location not far from LAX and within walking distance to Venice pier, the canals and Marina del Rey. Don't be fooled by the name - it's not in the hub of Venice Beach, and it's further than we remembered from Santa Monica. There are numerous bars and restaurants at the foot of Washington which, as it turns out, wasn't as much fun to be around on a weekend. We're many years past the "margaritas for breakfast" stage of our lives and found the beach bash scene more annoying than entertaining. Wouldn't have been fun with kids either! But don't let that stop you checking into the Inn. Nice, smaller hotel and part of a good group of "boutique" establishments called Pacifica Hotels. Check them out. Loved their Laguna Beach location too!

Room Tip: Avoid the Cantina side on weekends unless you're planning to join the festivities!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found the Inn at Venice Beach on TripAdvisor and I the rave reviews were right on. The newly refurbished room had a funky, hip decor (with our own personal Slinky). The bed was comfortable and I LOVED the pillows. Our room was along the front, or Washington Blvd., So, we heard traffic noise, but it wasn't annoying. The Inn does have interior rooms.
We were only there overnight but had arrived around midday from the South Pacific. Upon arriving the desk clerk inquired as to our familiarity with L.A. and suggested a bus tour around the city. I agreed and shortly thereafter got on a great four-hour bus tour (with stops) around the city with VIP Tours of California. Our driver, Sonny, was a hoot regaling us with many anecdotes about famous people and tips about L.A. We stopped at the Farmer's Market, the Dolby Theater (where they were getting ready for the Oscars), drove down Sunset Blvd. and Rodeo Drive, and more. So, if you've never been to L.A., I'd recommend that tour to get a lay of the land. Since I was tired from the previous night's plane trip I didn't get to see Venice Beach or go out to dinner anywhere, but I did walk by several nearby bistros that looked interesting. When I called the front desk for an early morning cab, the clerk suggested a town car for a bit more than a cab, which I took. The driver was prompt and dressed in a sport coat and tie. So, I thought the front desk personnel at the Inn at Venice Beach was outstanding. I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had a fabulous experience with the Inn at Venice Beach, I must compliment the staff on their exceptional customer service, general kindness and overall amazing attitude. Fabulous boutique hotel, newly renovated with charm & funk, quiet & clean. Could not say anything bad about this charming hotel!
Gracious & helpful staff!
Thank You Inn at Venice Beach for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our one night stay here. Hotel is clean with super friendly staff. They totally went out of their way to help us with a late checkout. Sometimes you feel like hotel staff are just putting on a smile for you but these people seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

They had a really great breakfast. There’s not a ton of selection but what they do offer is of high quality. Really that’s much more important to us than having lots of different breakfast options.

There’s lots of restaurants nearby. I would avoid the Baja Cantina across the street from the hotel. It’s expensive for very average to fair food.

Location is an easy walk to the canals and the beach.

Loved the Philosophy Soaps and Hair Products in the room!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for a weekend. Wonderful room, I had the loft room and the layout was excellent. My room even came with a slinky that I could use to slink down the stairs form the upper loft. Parking was an extra daily charge, but it was nice to never have to move the car the whole time I was there. Breakfast was OK, but healthy. The room I was in faced the street, it was noisy at times. I am sure a side street facing room was quieter. Its incredible how the sliding door and the curtain is able to get rid of a good amount of the street noise; but when I had it open to enjoy the breeze .... it was like you were standing outside in the thick of it. Very close to restaurants and the Venice Beach Pier. Easy walk everywhere. Staff, service, and cookies were top notch. I am definitely staying here again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a side street facing loft 3rd floor suite for quieter atmosphere.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jamaica Bay Inn
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!