$1,385
$377
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $432/night.

$169
$146
$114
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$190
$439
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
1,127 results
All reviewsbed dormcomedy nighthostel offersfemale dormmixed dormprivacy screendaily activitiesfantastic hostelfree pancakesrun hostelpower pointsown bathroomcleaned dailysanta monicabeverly hillscommon areaskodak theatre
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Despite the other bad reviews on this site I would not say that this hostel was a bad one. It was my first hostel stay so I don't have anything to compare it too, however the staff were friendly and the room was clean. There were daily events available for guests to sign up for and having joined the walking tour of Bel Air our tour guide then extended the outing during his own time by taking us to a huge shopping mall. Evening events in the bar were also good fun and the drinks were very cheap!

The free pancake breakfast was disappointing because you had to make it yourself, and i didnt have a clue how to make pancakes! There was also a lack of tea towels to dry any of the washed up dishes.

Internet access was excellent though and bathroom was clean. I was in a 8 bed dorm which was full for the whole time i was there.

Finally it may be in a bit of a seedy area but I was a female single traveller and I was not approached once.

I would stay definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I've stayed in this hostel twice. First in 2004 and then in 2005. I was there with a friend and we had a great time! The staff is amazing, they're always helpful and friendly. The rooms might be tiny but I don't care about that, at least they're clean. They have a lot of activities and the staff is there to have fun with you.
I love the morning pancakes and there's a wonderful little "restaurant" in hollywood blvd, just a few blocks to your right, called Eddie's.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone with a budget!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank glmz
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ,USA
Reviewed January 11, 2006

My friend and i came to the hostel to stay in hollywood on Jan 6th. We stayed for three nights. The rooms are clean, they clean them every day. Location is great (right next too the walk of fame and shops) though not many places to eat at if you're walking. Area is pretty safe, though the freaks start coming out at night. Staff is okay...There's a bar upstairs which is open every night and a couple of days we hung out and drank and played music, the staff who was sleeping next door began too bang on the door and yelled at us to stop playing music and get the [--] out or they'll call the cops! i don't know about you, but that's pretty dumb of them, and that's how they pretty much act. Other then that, travelers who stay are really nice, friendly environment lots of things and activities to do.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2005

On my travels, I've learned one thing about hostels: they're a mixed bag. Either they're wonderful or horrible. Unfortunately, USA Hostels is in the latter category. The only reason I didn't pack up and leave after the first two nights was because I was paid up for my entire stay, and they didn't offer refunds.

The room was dingy. There were no ladders to the upper bunks, so I had to literally scale the frame to reach my bed. People disregarded the no-smoking rule in the room and nothing was done about it.

One day I returned to my room to discover that my bed had been stripped and all my belongings had been flung carelessly onto a bench in the hallway. They hang receipts on the side of the bunk that are supposed to tell the staff which beds are taken. My receipt was right there, but apparently nobody bothered to read it. There was never an explanation or apology for this.

A few members of the staff were friendly, but most of them were cold and indifferent.

I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank anonymousreviewer047
Reviewed October 29, 2005

I guess this place is OK if you're a very laid-back backpacker. It's a good price in a good location, and there seemed to be a lot of interesting activities organised and fun people hanging around.
We booked a private room, which was huge and carpeted - nice. However, the toilet in the attached bathroom was blocked when we arrived, and it took two tries to get someone to fix it. The staff seem to vary from cheerful/helpful to blank/couldn't-care-less, and unfortunately we encountered the latter first. Another example - someone else came to ask about a room when we were at the reception, and they were told to wait around for 15 minutes because the staff couldn't process anything related to reservations during a shift change - sigh.
The cooking area is cramped and a little unsavoury, at least after the spotless HI Hostels I usually stay in. Btw, in case you were wondering, the all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast is cook-your-own.
The reason I would never stay here again is that security was awful. Our ground-floor room had flimsy windows with no locks (just slide 'em open from the outside), and just as I'd got out of the shower at 7am, a guy used a key to enter our room without knocking. I have no idea if it was one of the staff, but either way, there's no excuse.

• Stayed: October 2005