USA Hostels Hollywood
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$289
$296
$286
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
Westin.com
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$339
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
1,115 results
All reviewsbed dormlimo tourcomedy nightdaily activitieshostel offersfemale dormmixed dormprivacy screenfantastic hostelfree pancakespower pointsrunyon canyonown bathroomcleaned dailysanta monicabeverly hillscommon areas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A veteran of the San Francisco hostel, I expected to find a great fit here, and I have!

The location is great if Hollywood is a main attraction for you - Just a subway station away from Universal, adjacent to Sunset and Holloywood and a short walk away from Hollywood and highland, and all the related attractions.

The hostel itself is inexpensive, the atmosphere pleasently social (almost inescapably so, so if you're looking for some quiet, consider a private room, or possibly a different place), the staff friendly and willing to help.

I haven't used the breakfast option, but it's there, along with other helpful/fun stuff like BBQ nights, organized tours of the area, pub crawls and so on.

A great stay if you're looking for a cheap place with some easy socializing at a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at this hostel at the end of my trek america tour for 4 nights as I was eager to stay in hollywood. Staff were helpful over the phone when my friend who i was touring with phoned up about a week prior to our arrival and asked to be in the same room. I do however have a few negatives about this hostel, which i have listed below.

pros,
Good breakfast, pancakes and fresh fruit, although the fruit juice was always empty the whole time we were staying there. Comedy night on one of the nights we were staying there was very good, very funny comedians. Cheap bar in the lounge. Clean rooms.

cons,
This is the main reason I do not recommend this hostel, i had such a bad experience on one of their walking tours, its put me off doing anything that any other hostel organises that i ever stay at again...
We booked to do a walking tour of Hollywood, rodeo drive, Beverly hills and celebrities homes (we were also told there was a possibility we could go into the properties as it was a walking tour) As soon as we started the walking tour, it was clear the tour guide was either on drugs or just the complete opposite of what a good tour guide should be. He was rude, swore profusely and kept interrupting members of the group who were asking him questions about hollywood by saying to my friend who i was travelling with 'oh my god, your so hot. I just want to make out with you so bad'- unprofessional or what?! also totally intimidating. I'm a 22 year old woman who had just travelled across america with a group of of 12 strangers so I am all up for a laugh but i draw the line at that. We saw about 5 celebrities houses (fences around the properties) and then the tour guide declared that he wanted to go to the ocean, so made up get a 45minute bus to santa monica, then decided to disappear in search of beer. so whatever you do, DON'T do any of the walking tours if a guy called Adam leading them. TOTAL waste of a day i could have spent on an actual tour of hollywood and the surrounding areas.
The staff were not helpful at all when we asked how to get to universal studios or booking a shuttle to the airport.
Another con is the fact that you could only do laundry between the hours of 1pm and 9pm, and when your staying in a hostel in the middle of hollywood, these are the hours in which you are least likely to be there!

I could go on forever about my disappointment in this hostel but maybe i just had a bad experience?! But i definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

its located nicely next to the hollywood blvd -walkable from the tourist places- chinese theatre and walk of fame...

pros-
clean rooms, good trips/parties organized by the hostel, good kitchen facilities and outdoor areas, good lounge, phone booths/vending machines, paid laudry machines...

cons
the breakfast was very very ordinary ( i have stayed in quite a few hostels and certainly this is not the best hostel offers -best hostel as per the awards they boost off) , do not book a city tour through them as you might save a few bucks but lose out on the free tour options offered by the tour company if you directly book from them as they charge commission on that , infact they charge comission on everything you book from them from taxi to tours...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nyk1981
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My boyfriend and i were staying in LA for 3 days before we returned to England after staying in New Zealand and Australia for 6weeks. We had no problems at any hostel until we arrived here which was disappointing as i had heared great things about this hostel and the reviews were great.

We arrived at the hostel and were put in a mixed dorm for 6 people. When we got into the room it was 5 boys and me. We met the first guy who i felt so uncomfortable around, even in the space of 15minutes i knew i didnt want to stay in a room with him. He said that the police were after him and that he was obviously on drugs. The other guy said that he wakes in room in the middle of the night and the boy is hooverin over the bunk beds and never sleeps. I told reception strange away that i didnt feel safe and wanted to move which i was told i couldnt. I was just pleased that my boyfriend was with me. Edventually after complaining several times that day they decided to search him and found a knife and used syringes!

I thought it would be fine once he left and then nightime came! Our room was by the carpark that basically police were all night as a riot had broke out! It was so noisy and quite scary. To top of it off, another guy brought a girl back and was havin the loudest sex in the room ever. I went down stairs after telling several times to go elsewhere and security chucked her out. 10minutes later, she is trying to get in the room again.

On the plus side, the room was nicely designed, however toilet was broke. I complained and spoke to the Manager, we were both moved to another room and was given some of our money back which was quite annoying as this meant they could have moved us in the first place. I wouldnt stay here on my own! Im 23 and it was the first time i had felt unsafe.

The facilities were great and they did make lots of effort to get everyone involved! Just a word of warning, if u dont feel safe.. Dont take no for an answer, they will move u! Edventually!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Goldfish124
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I enjoyed my limited stay here. The front desk people were super friendly and helpful. I stayed in the 6 person room and was more than comfortable. The location is great, very close to the touristy areas. I can say I felt safe in this area. I ended up getting a little turnded around after a friend dropped me off a few blocks away from the hostel after a night of partying; needless to say I was wondering around Hollywood around 2am and didn't encounter anyone crazy. I wasn't able to make it on the pub crawl but I think it's awesome they provide activities for their guests to do. I'm yet to have a bad hostel experience, but I can say this is probably the "hipest" I've stayed at. I would give this place a 5 rating but I only stayed one night and didn't quite take advantage of all they had to offer.

Room Tip: I wasn't offered a choice of room and was at the bottom back which seemed fine, I didn't think it was too noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo