“Best, cheapest Korean BBQ in Koreatown”
Review of Road to Seoul

Road to Seoul
Ranked #963 of 10,038 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean
San Francisco, California
“Best, cheapest Korean BBQ in Koreatown”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

BBQs are definitely a 4th of July tradition. We made it extra special by Korean BBQing at this awesome restaurant- only in Cali! HA!

Why go through the hassle of BBQing in some shady backyard when one can walk into this heaven of meats and do it tableside?!
And get this...All you can eat for $16.99/person- unlimited meats, banchan, salad...AMAZING!

Summary:
- Restaurant is pretty big, smack in the middle of Koreatown and contemporary
- Typical Korean BBQ restaurant; the grill is in front of you and you just go for it!

Food:
Banchan Selection:
Steamed Egg- I had THREE of these. I'm not kidding. They were so good and I was having a sore throat, so it felt really good
Onion Crepe Pancake- YUM! I wish i had more of them
Grilled Kim Chee- We grilled the huge slices of kimchee and they were great!
Everything else was pretty typical but tasty

Meats:
- Beef Tongue: PLENTY of it! Thinly sliced and cooked really fast. We kept asking for plates of them!
- Kalbi: Juicy, flavorful but not overly-seasoned, which was great
- Brisket: Good but not my fave
- Squid: Wow, one of my faves. I would definitely have this again!
- Pork Belly: Thick slabs of pork belly. Wow
- Rice: They had this really interesting red bean rice which i loved. I'd get that again

The service was more than sufficient; they came running within 2 mins everytime we ran the bell (which is more than i can say for most other restaurants!).

I'll definitely be back

Visited July 2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I was really impressed with this all-you-can-eat Korean Barbeque. Of course for $17 you can't except the best of the...”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I was really impressed with this all-you-can-eat Korean Barbeque. Of course for $17 you can't except the best of the best, but this came very close. If you want an AYCE Korean BBQ restaurant, this is the best.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook