WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #294 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was staying at the Rodeway Inn next door and was asked to park my car at the budget Inn parking lot since theirs was full. I was assured it was safe and under surveillance. The next morning, my car was missing one hub cap and another cap was chipped! I asked the front desk to review their CCTV tape which he did independently, not allowing me to view with him, eventually saying they found nothing out of the ordinary! You don't need to ruin your vacation with incidents that are bound to arise at this motel! AVOID!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Louay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The best part about this hotel is the location (with respect to the sites), only 1 block from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the TCL Chinese Theatre. Also, you can see the Hollywood sign from near by. The bed was pretty comfortable too and there was AC. The cons are that it's located right on Sunset Blvd., so a lot of noise from cars. However, if you're exhausted from a day's walk & exploration, you sleep through it :) The state of the room is what you would expect for a low budget hotel, but everything worked. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay and if you don't mind traffic noise.

Room Tip: The room we had didn't have curtains that closed well, so make sure you ask that yours do if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alexandra M
Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here for a couple nights as I was visiting Hollywood and Universal Studios, and it was a good location, literally 5 mins from Hollywood Boulevard. However, given the abundance of Motels around this area, do not stay here, the room was hot, the air con very loud, it wasn't particularly clean and my iPad was stolen during the day when I was at Universal Studios, I did not realise until I was in my next accommodation in Arizona as I assumed it would be where I left it, in my Rucksack as it had been all week. We phoned them and they denied finding it. I discovered my passwords were not working which is how I figured out something was wrong and I hadn't just lost it amongst my things. In spite of its cheapness, do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank BexSnowden

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Udine, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had an horrible experience!We were 6 people, they told us they had a room for 4 and they could add one bed for the other 2. The bed was just a matress on the floor, that we add to prepare ourselves. We had no pillows for the extra bed, the man in the "lobby" told us that we had to wait for his manager to get the pillows for the extra bed but nobody ever came, we asked twice that day and the following day but apparently they had no pillows to give us in the all place. The room was big, the bathroom too but everything was filthy and we found a HUGE cockroach in the bathroom the first night. They just give us a spray to get rid of it. Don't go there if you don't want to hace nightmares all night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Angie L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we wanted to get a good sense of how Hollywood is, since we might be moving to LA.

The Location of this place is great. It's one block from EVERYTHING, but the room is atrocious.

There are stains on everything. I couldn't believe that there was toothpaste stains on the wall. The cover blanket had stains that make you wonder, and the furniture looks like it's been here since the 60's with it's first stains still on it.

Only thing that was clean, thank God, was the bathroom. We still bought disinfectant from the rite-aid up the street though.

2 Thank Daniel J
Poznan, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

It's looks like typical poor quality typical american motel. The room is quite dirty, the bathroom is literaly claustrophobic (I have 182 cm, and it was problem for me to sit on the toilet because the wall was something like 15-20 cm form the toilet ;) ), the view from the window was on ... the wall(very dark all the time, you must use lamps even at day). Only good things were: cheap price, nice location- Sunset BLVD, free cable TV. All in all I must say this hotel is very poor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wiktor88
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a cheap motel in every sense of the word. If you want to save money, are looking for a prime Hollywood location, and aren't picky about amenities, this is a good choice. I found the management to be very friendly and accommodating. However, it is very spartan, and the location on Sunset Blvd. means it can be noisy (doesn't bother me). The bed was actually better than all other cheap motels I've stayed at, the room was clean, and the lights worked (unlike most mid- and upper-mid range hotels. Only about a block from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Kodak Theater. Lots of food choices in the area, including several 24 hour ones. Not lodging for pampered travelers, though.

Room Tip: If you have any problem with noise, don't stay in the room first-floor room by the office. Manag...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business