“I like it !! The room is cute and i love it”

Budget Inn Hollywood
Ranked #309 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I love the room and the staff was nice
I saw a lot of people write bad review but i think this is kinda good room

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank nFatrin

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I didn't expect too much from the motel since we were looking for the cheapest option available, but even the price we payed is not cheap enough for this hole. The room we had was tiny. We barely managed to find place for our bags. There is no closet. The bathroom was also very small and the door closed only from the outside. Sheets were old, smelly and with lots of stains. The TV was old and had a bad picture. The AC was to loud. Breakfast was served in an office next to the motel and there is no place to seat and eat, but if you are fan of the cheapest cereal you can take it to your room. There is a Wi-Fi network but it didn't work and the receptionist couldn't help us since he barely spoke English.
The only good thing is the location, it's a 2 minute walk from the Chinese Theater and the walk of fame.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheITGirlMK
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We wasn't expecting too much from this hotel as we only want somewhere to sleep. Unfortuntly the good location came at a price of not being able to sleep. The staff were very unfriendly and unwilling to help. The room was ok but in need of a good clean,. All you can hear throughout the night is the traffic on the main road next to the hotel and the constant sound of helicoptors and sirens. I would personaly recommend this hotel to bacpackers and young travellers

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Skoda12
Reviewed September 13, 2011

only stayed the night for sight seeing with my best friend. As you walk up the stairs please watch your step or you might trip over on that extra "step" inside the corridor. :S
Room was dirty, under my friend's bed we found piles of chewed up sunflower seeds, clearly the cleaning lady is lazy and doesn't use the vacuum cleaner for arriving, paying guests. Toilet is situated smack bam, close to the wall, feels like you have to sit at an angle to go to the toilet. Never again, that's for sure.

Room Tip: don't go there unless you like dirty rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I checked in, the first room I had, had a a view of a BRICK WALL.! Upon expressing my dislike to the (behind-the-bullet-proof window guy) I got moved to room 210.The reason I chose this shanty was bc I was there visiting my son, who lives in Hollywood in a VERY small studio apartment, and I felt his place would be TOO small (haha, yea, if I only knew). Room 210..stinky,dirty windows,tv minimal reception,certain outlets did/didnt work) oh what i would of paid for a ultra violet light at this point)'.. we didn't take our sandals off!!!!. After we ordered a pizza and discovered the plates/napkins we had asked for didn't arrive, I decided to venture down to the front desk to ask if they had any. (dumb question now I know) I went out of my room and down the steps. The front desk rude (woman I am sure here on a Visa) said "No". I kindly walked away and went up the stairs nearest the front desk to my room . BAM, GURRLL down, literally, what the heck!! I am finding myself on the floor wondering what the hell!! NO WARNING, no RED TAPE...nothing! Long story short...I end up at Cedars Sinai, severe sprain, hairline fracture...VACATION RUINED! My son packed up our things while I was at the ER, and when we demanded our $ refunded bc we had only stayed ONE night and paid for 4, they made a stink about it!! LOOK IF YOU WANT A DISASTER STAY COMPLETE W/ BED BUGS,STINKY ROOM AND A POSSIBLE VISIT TO A HOSPITAL bc this CRAP HOTEL DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A ELEVATOR IS......this is your lucky day. PS..make sure u ring the hidden doorbell up front for service) Tank U

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend a enemy to stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank wangchung22
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The area is already pretty shady, yet if you're looking for a clean place, somewhat close to where stuff is happening...take it. On a weekend I paid 70+t which is , of course, a rip off. This place is the absolute basic. I only took it because i was running out of options and had a roomsaver coupon that didn't coun't. Book in advance if you go to LA.....lesson learned.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Expect harassment from management for no reason at all. The foreign couple who runs the inn is rude and has terrible communication. The manager calls me after I check-in and demands payment for additional people staying over even though it was only my wife and I there. For whatever crazy reason, he believes I will throw some massive sleepover party and he wants money for it. After telling him that we’re not having anyone over, he calls again and threatens that he will have security take me to the police station. Later, as expected, the security guy comes a knockin and of course, he finds no other people around.
When the couple felt the need to abruptly end a conversation, the husband would start saying “Money, money, money, money” accompanied by the gimme money hand gesture. When I tried to talk over that annoyance, his wife would jump in chanting the same. Then they would run away from the front desk. It was surreal. I thought I was in an episode of Seinfeld.
The bathroom is tiny. There is literally about 6-8 inches of space between the front of the toilet and the wall/door. So you cannot sit down normally to use it. The manager’s wife also does the cleaning as they are too cheap to hire staff which explains why it’s not clean there.
Bottom line, DO NOT RENT here. I wouldn’t stay for free. It was a horrible experience but I hope I can save others from this mess.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn
Rodeway Inn Hollywood
Rodeway Inn Hollywood
#195 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Budget Inn Hollywood? Share your experiences!