“My vist to Hollywood Observator it was very outing event, that one of my Professoer sent me to go for class homework. I”

Griffith Observatory
Ranked #3 of 564 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A public observatory owned and operated by the City of Los Angeles for the benefit of all. Located in on Mount Hollywood in Griffith Park, the Observatory offers a planetarium, exhibits, public telescopes, cafe, bookstore, and the best views of the Los Angeles basin. Admission is free, and visitors may drive directly to the Observatory and park in its lots and roads.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

it was very outing event, that one of my Professoer sent me to go for class homework.I had agraet time observing obseveratory,as i entered the bluiding for my frist time its really amazing place to see,its free and if you do take your time looking what they have to offer at one of the nicest Observatorty to see here in Los Angeles.there are so many thing to see and look at if you do not take any thing to drink or eat there is very good place there you can go to eat and have drink, , and i ran in to some very nice poeple there ,and not only from Los Angeles but poeple from far places as far away germany, maine,New York,and if your like your vist here , making a trip up at night,I loved it night its also were I meet and, to these day, loving and people,friends, when seeing the Observatory

• Arabic first
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 346 helpful votes
“Best views of LA!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place! Went here at night and got the most romantic and brilliant views of the city!
Definitely a must for all LA visitors!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A Peaceful Escape Above Los Angeles”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited because I heard it had a great view of LA and the Hollywood sign. I found that the view is as stunning as reported. But I also found that the observatory exhibits were wonderful, and that the grounds of the observatory are a wonderful place to relax and revel in nature, sunshine, and the excellent views.

I highly recommend this. Best of all: it's free!

Connecticut
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing Views”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place is definitly worth the drive. The views alone were absolutly stunning. You can see the Hollywood sign and all of downtown LA. Once we pulled ourselves away from the view we learned there are some very interesting displays inside. After 7:00 we were able to look through a huge telescope at the moon. They had set up two other extremely powerful ones out on the lawn for people to look through.

Texas City, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was on our iteniary in our April visit. We drove up and were amazed with the beautiful scenery. It's a wonderful place for the entire family. Especially with curious young kids. The exhibits our very interesting. Great area to take pics. Also, great area for family picnic. It's a free very educational place to visit. All ages will enjoy it.