“Bao chicka Bao Bao”

Cuisines: Chinese, Fusion
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Century City
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Bao bun lovers...this it it. Quick, efficient relative simple and yet so unique. I stumbled on Take A Bao during a recent stay in Century City. In the Westfield Mall's international food court next to the second floor AMC theaters, Bao is delicious. Fast, relatively healthy, clean and the start of something fabulous. Now if only I can stop munching on that basket of fried wanton skins!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We loved the food. There were five of us so we decided to order and share. The salads were fantastic. The coffee drink was excellent; French press coffee, shaken whip cream- fresh and delicious!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was not impressed with the outside of the new building, but my husband wanted to try this place. Don't go with a large group. Five of us went (which is not a large group) and it was hard find a place for us to sit, relax and talk. you seat yourself and it is cafeteria style seating. Long tables. we had a waiter about one of the food items. He provided the wrong information but he was more concerned with the personal conversation he was having with a friend. You have to order your own food at a counter and and they bring it to your table went it is ready. This is more like upscale fast food. I bao was interesting, but the dessert made with a bao left something to be desired. It seemed out of place. Will not be going back. When i go out I want someone to wait on me, otherwise I would go to In-and-Out. At least I know the food is good there. This food is served on boards which makes it had to share. I had to get up get my own plate if I wanted one. This is just not my style. It was also very loud.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I were looking for something casual but good and not too expensive. We like craft beer and interesting food. Take A Bao covered all of these perfectly.
If you like real spice, not whimpy spice they will take care of you!
The drinks are delicious, the staff was friendly and it was very chill.
The downside, like everything along Ventura is the parking. It's either pay valet or park a couple blocks away and run across Ventura Blvd.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Basics:

Parking: Street (good luck) or Complimentary Valet (What? in LA?)
Service: we did take away - fast and easy
Food: not as good as it sounds on the menu

I was excited to try this place. The decor and facade are modern and hip. The menu looks so promising. Our friends had gone and said they were disappointed with the food but we ordered take out anyway. Don't order Bao take out. By the time I got the food out and ate it. The buns were all soggy and not light and fluffy as they should be.

Kimchee: was ok, would have liked more cabbage and less chunks of daikon
Sweet Potato Fries: definitely interesting but take home left them soggy
Chicken Bao: greasy chinese taste
Pork Bao: was ok but soggy
Hoisin steak: def the best one in the flavor dept.

Probably won't go back. I agree with my friends opinion.