“Loced the Venice Suites!”
Review of Venice Suites

Venice Suites
bostob
“Loced the Venice Suites!”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

The Venice Suites is fantastic. I have spent a lot of time in Los Angeles, and there are few places you can go that put you up close to an authentic Los Angeles experience.

The Venice Suites is literally steps from the sand, right in the heart of the world famous Venice Beach. You are just a few short blocks from Muscle Beach and the street vendors, and you are very close to the equally fun, though more gentrified Santa Monica area.

For a fitness buff, you could not find a better location -- plenty of outdoor activities, from a bike path to paddle tennis to rollerblading to volleyball are available nearby, as is the home of Golds Gym.

The Venice Suites is immaculately maintained. There are few places I have stayed in that felt so clean. The units are larger than most similarly priced hotel rooms - they are actually small furnished apartments, complete with utensils and kitchen appliances. One of the best features is a roof deck with spectacular views of the beach and the surrounding area.

The management is friendly and helpful. I definitely plan to stay here again.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, management
  • Disliked — l
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
VeniceBreezeSuites, Manager at Venice Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Dear Guest, Sorry for the late reply and thank you for staying with us and writing this kind review. Please ask us for the return guest discount on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Portland, OR
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We Retired Seniors have spent several months at Venice Suites
over the past two winters, seeking the sun and warmth of this
southern California area. We returned to Venice Suites beccause of the very excellent accommodations, available services, cleanliness, roof garden, location and management.
Our studio apartment is well appointed, clean, spacious, has everything we need. The laundry service is convenient, and easy to use. Our apartment is cleaned once a week and is always immaculate. The staff persons are very accommodating to our needs and so very friendly!
The Venice Suites are conveniently located to nearby Santa Monica, and to various Bus Routes enabling us to get all over the LA area. The excitment of the Boardwalk in Venice Beach is there for the taking.
And the Roof Garden! WOW! What a fabulous view of the beach and the Pacific Ocean! Nevermind the Sunrises! the Sunsets!
YES! we do spend much time up on that roof!
Finally we must give due credit to the excellent Management of this Venice Suites building. The constant vigilence and upkeep
and gracious attention to all our questions and needs meet our highest expectations. This Venice Suites Vacation getaway
cannot be beaten in our point of vew.

• Liked — Roof Garden
  • Disliked — Construction next door
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I stay at both Venice Suites and Venice Paloma Suites regularly for extended periods. The locations and facilities are excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend both of them for travelers looking for good value.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
West Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I started going to L.A in 2005 when my daughter began school at USC and discovered Venice because she worked during summers in a bikini shop there on the beach.After several short visits spent in overpriced, over-advertised, less than comfortable hotels, I began to look for a place where I could experience the California dream for some part of each year. My first month long stay in Venice Suites four years ago gave me the perfect home away from home everyone dreams of and I have returned every year since then to find the hotel getting better and better. The management treats the hotel as a personal home deserving of up keep and renewal and beautification. The roof top terrace,with the best view on the beach, is plush with beautiful out door furniture, grills and conveniences for star light parties, attractive urns over flowing with exotic succulents and on the 4th of July all the fireworks of Southern California crisscross overhead. There is nothing sleezy or second rate about this hotel in an area where location alone could demand too much money for too little product. Each return visit surprises me with a new paint job or new carpet or beautiful plant. Management is always on premise or has left contact numbers for emergencies.There is someone on hand willing to help visitors tap into the unique energy of Southern California.

Over the years I have stayed in the studio apartments and the one bed room apartments. The rooms facing the ocean have a feeling of luxuriousness and spaciousness enhanced by the vast panorama of sand , sea and sun that is the natural beauty of this area but all the rooms have an open feeling and airiness that is invigorating and welcoming. I live on the prairie in West Texas and I like open spaces so I could never stay long in a cramped, dark room. The rooms are furnished with all the necessities and many decorative luxuries that say welcome home. All that is missing is your best friend opening the door for you. As soon as I dump my suitcases on the bed, I drive to Trader Joe's for vegetables and fruits, a few bottles of the famous Two Buck Chuck red wine, and a giant bouquet of flowers. Then there is nothing left but to surrender to California.

I could write and write about how to spend your days once you arrive but I know there are more important things to consider--like parking in California which is difficult, frustrating, at a premium, and very expensive if you disregard regulations. Venice Suites provides underground parking that is easily accessible, safe and convenient giving me one less thing to worry about. My car is protected, there if I need it and I know it won't cost me 50.00 if I'm sitting under an umbrella day dreaming and forget the meter. As a woman alone I don't want car worries nor personal security worries either. I have never felt anything but safe in this hotel because apart from the sturdy doors and heavy locks on each apartment, there is a sense of watchfulness and awareness that is unbeatable. The hotel is small enough to be personally involved in your well being but large enough to embrace the needs of the cosmopolitan world that crosses its threshold. The same household staff is still there frommy first visit. One young housekeeper I have gotten to know, haltingly because of language differences, has worked there at least 6 years and when I see her smiling at my arrival, I know my room and personal possessions will be handled with respect and care.

I am already planning my trip for this year. If you stand in front of Venice Suites and walk in a full circle,there is enough variety and color and stimulation and energy to freshen your vision and open your horizons for a lifetime..and when you are worn out at the end of the day, you can curl up in a soft blanket on a cushiony chaise high up on the roof top and digest the pleasures of your day's adventures, half doze and absorb the brilliant rays of your own personal sunset. Tomorrow is a new day when you can begin again to tap into this inexhaustable banquet of culture, high and low; food, simple and new age; fashion, funky and glamorous; sports, strenuous or leisure; sightseeing, touristy or private; get yourself a tattoo or a pedicure, or my favorite--reading the LA Times on Sunday Morning at the Rose Cafe. This takes about two hours if you do it right and several raspberry scones. I always think of Venice Suites as the hub from which radiate in all directions the splendors of Southern California. Waiting for you and me.

• Liked — the location is superb and the atmosphere is very e
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Prairiebelle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I have stayed at Venice Suites as a business traveler working in the area. I lived at Venice Suites with various stays of 6 weeks, 2 weeks, and 2 night stints over the past three years. I chose Venice Suites for its premium location and extended-stay policies, and also because it is right on the beach, overlooking the best sunsets in California.

The suites are equipped with a nice full kitchen, including a 2-burner electric stove, toaster-oven, coffee maker, microwave and dishwasher. There are a few pots and pans, enough to get by, and dishes, wine glasses, bowls and cutlery. Everything you would need to do your own simple self-catering, and keep your meal costs down. They even furnish nice flower vases, so you can make the room feel like home. I have stayed in both the studio and the 1-bedroom units. The studios are roomy, though I find the hum of the refrigerator to be bothersome, but I am sensitive to this noise. The front 1-bedroom suite on the fourth floor can't be beat for view. I worked from my room, and found the kitchen table to double nicely as a desk overlooking the beach. They offer free Wi-Fi or DSL and the DVD/VHS players and TV worked fine.

They have recently replaced the mattresses with the Thermopedic memory foam, and though I'm personally not a fan, overall the rooms are cozy, nicely decorated in a casual, modern style. The bathrooms are very clean, with nice lighting, plenty of towels, and sample bottles of the basics. Maid service/sheets is 1x per week. If you need something, the staff seems more than happy to retrieve it for you. I took advantage of the coin-laundry facility on the top floor, while sipping a glass of wine on the adjacent (and spectacular) rooftop deck. Best laundromat in LA.

The manager, Randy, is terrific. He's very friendly, responsible and on site. If anything comes up, he is at-the-ready to deal with it in a calm and efficient manner. I came to know the neighborhood well, and as a single woman, I did not feel worried walking to my car or going out alone, though area residents can be "colorful". I loved the weekend boardwalk activity, it's like a carnival! At night, it is very quiet and you can hear the surf.

I took advantage of the parking garage that is offered, and having a secured place to park in the congested neighborhood was a life saver. I enjoyed being walking distance to Main St. Santa Monica, and the unique shops of Abbot Kinney as well as Saturday and Sunday farmer's markets. Whatever you need is right there!

If you are looking for luxury pampering, go elsewhere, but Venice Suites is modern, clean, fun and self-contained. I will definitely continue to make Venice Suites my home away from home for all LA excursions. I recommend it!

• Liked — Location, self-catering
  • Disliked — I wish they allowed well-behaved pets
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
los angeles
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I live in Venice and this is the place I always put up family and friends. It is great because of the views and the brightness in the units. I have stayed in the studio rooms before, and had family stay in the one bedroom units. I love the sound of the ocean at night and the sunsets are exquisite. It is great to have the kitchen facilities, and there are some excellent restaurants and grocery stores within a mile. Be sure to check out Abbott Kinney, and the Tide bus is 25 cents to get down to the famous Santa Monica pier and Third St. Promenade if you don't want to walk.

My nephews love being so close to the ocean, renting bikes, and they love to swim. We have cookouts on the roof and that has been one of my favorite places to sit above the busy din of the Venice Beach scene, but to still be near the ocean.

Great to have parking near this busy beach. Very reasonable and clean. Randy the manager and his staff are able to make suggestions about the area. I love going down and having drinks in the lobby at Casa del Mar, but coming back to Venice Suites and saving a lot of money for the same kind of view as the pricier places along the beach.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
belgium
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Being worldtravellers we have some idea of what a good stay abroad should be and this is exactly what we found at Venice Suites in LA. First of all the location is great, just in front of a beautiful beach and right in the action, venice beach market, during the day. At night it's calm so no problem for sleeping. The suites in the hotel are very good and have all the necessities for a nice holiday; good kitchen, clean bathroom, TV satelite, broadband internet and not to forget a unforgettable beachview. Next to that there is a great rooftop with beds, a free parking space and ... a perfect host (Randy) that helps you with all you need and with a smile.
We are europeans and come to LA at least once a year and being at Venice Suites is like coming home.

We only have pictures with the view from our room and the rooftop but the ones on the hotels website give you a good idea of the rooms (no fake).

PS : The last time we were there , the Beachfront Suites were sold out so we took a one bedroom suit and they were also very good.

Alain and Angie

• Liked — Location, staff, rooms
  • Disliked — everything was great
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica
Casa del Mar
Casa del Mar
#3 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Venice Suites? Share your experiences!