“It is more like visiting a friend's house than staying at a B&B”
Review of Dresden B&B

Dresden B&B
Ranked #9 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Dresden is a very friendly, humorous, and kindhearted lady. She has several tour guides and maps to help us figure out our itineraries. Also, she always likes to talk with us about her recommended places and helps us figure out how to get there. We comfortably shared our own personal stories all the time, and those were wonderful talks!

The whole house is very clean and comfortable. My friend even swam in her pool and she likes it a lot! I really enjoyed sitting in her backyard in the morning and drinking my coffee and watching her little dog Bo playing around. Bo is a very cute dog, and he usually does not bark, even I met him at first time.

I think I made the right choice by choosing this place. This place is like a home for me. And, I really appreciate Dresden's service, help, and mindful care.

Room Tip: book as early as possible
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Gloria1989

Reviewed February 2, 2011

As soon as I arrived at Dresden B&B I knew I had made the right choice. Named after it's owner, the delightful Dresden, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. My bedroom and bathroom were clean and very comfortable, there was a TV I never had a chance to watch, and central heating kept it warm at night. Dresden was friendly without being intrusive, and I had free use of the rest of the house. Her little dog Beau became a firm friend. Choose this B&B if you are after a homely experience and like people and dogs. The location is central, and every day I felt like I was coming home. It was very close to Runyon Canyon which I attempted twice, next time I'll finish it!!! I'll be back.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank EllaJ2010
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed in September 2010 for 7 days and couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable. Dresden is amazing! So incredibly helpful and talk about personal service! She even drove us to the airport!! Anything you want or need, Dresben was there to help.

The area was just fine, only a short walk to the Walk of Fame and close to everything. It wasn't seedy at all. It depends on what you are looking for, but I can highly recommend staying here, if for nothing else, than the company of this lovely lovely woman (and not forgetting little Bo!)
I don't know what this jazzy81 person is on about, but if I was running the place and somebody didn't confirm their booking, then I would have given the room to someone else too. Anyway, nobody pays attention to people with nasty things to say who have never stayed in a place, that's just plain ridiculous and just looking for anything to say that's nasty.

So from people who did actually stay there, I highly recommend this accommodation, and only joined this website so I can can write a review because it is the decent thing to do.
Thank you again Dresden, for such a wonderful time!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank midgybuttons
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Dresden was absolutely unbelievable, from making us feel like we were at home to advising us how we should best see LA in the short time we had. Caring for me with my two infected toes brought about by new shoes to getting our washing in and folding it when it was dry. If only all B&B's were this good I would stay at them all the time!! The room was clean as was the bathroom and given that the house is quite a few years old had the old feel about it which in my opinion made it feel more homey. The area is completely safe and extremely quiet, contrary to other reviews. We actually slept with the windows wide open!!
All I can say is those who have not rated Dresden as highly as we have- have the problem, not Dresden! Once again we would like to express our total gratification for how our stay went.
We will certainly stay here again if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Dresden B and B was absolutely brilliant. Dresden the lady who owns it is so helpful and knowledgeable about the area and its set in a perfect location. The street is quiet and feels very safe but its slap bang between hollywood and sunset boulevard. I stayed at Dresdens for 2 nights as a part of a 3 week trip to California. I wasn't looking forward to going to LA as I didnt think it would be my sort of place however staying at Dresdens B and B was perfect and actually ment i enjoyed LA. The room was lovely and the pool was amazing.

I dont think you could stay anywhere better in LA and I have already recommended it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joe90sussex-england
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Dresden B &B was very easy to find and Dresden was very welcoming giving us local hints and tips on where to go and how best to get there. We particulalry enjoyed a walk she recomended up the Hollywood Hills where lots of locals go but not many tourists it seemed- after the walk a swim in the pool in the back yard was very much apprecieted! It felt like we were in a rural location but only a few minutes walk to the Hollywood walk of fame. We enjoyed Dresden's celebrity stories and would definately recommend the B&B to friends!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed at Dresden B&B for 3 nights recently while in LA and couldn't believe the outstanding service I received from Dresden & Bo.
Firstly you couldn't ask for a better location, quiet SAFE street between Sunset & Hollywood Boulevard, just a ten minute stroll to the chinese theatre where you can catch the subway (very easy to use ) or bus to nearly anywhere in LA. Ralphs supermarket is just down the rd plus every kind of restaurant you can possibly imagine within a 5 minute walk on sunset.
When I first arrived I was greeted on the porch by Dresden and shown around the property. A beautiful 1920's house which just shouted character.
There is a pool & spa out back which you are most welcome to use plus a spacious lounge / dinning room if you just want to relax.
Your bedroom boasts a queen size bed with TV,DVD with more channels than you'll have time to watch and the bathroom is the next room along.
After I was shown around my room I was offered Tea or coffee and we sat down and had a great chat.
Dresden can tell you everything you need to know about the area and recommend heaps of things to see and do plus she has plenty of maps to work out your stay in LA.
Bo ( the dog ) is very friendly and will even keep you company at night if you leave your door open but a word of wisdom, don't leave food out that he can get to, it won't be there when you return.
Dresden gives you your own key to get in and out of the property which even has a discount tag for Ralphs which can save you a fair bit of money.
I'm someone who likes my privacy and comfort, all of which I found at Dresden B&B.
I would definitely recommend Dresdan B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
West Hollywood
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Dresden B&B? Share your experiences!